Team Moot Team Moot verified Admin
Feb 8, 2020, 05:41 AM 886 read

The Daily Moot: EA is Bad Again, Delays Galore, and More!

1. EA Raising Prices

Moot: News Picks - The Daily Moot: EA is Bad Again, Delays Galore, and More! image 2

EA just raised prices on their Steam games for players outside of the United States. While some of the price increases are fairly small, other games nearly doubled in price. This has understandably angered fans internationally, and many critics are suggesting that EA is trying to manipulate the prices to make sales seem like a better deal. Some of the games that saw price increases include Dragon Age: Origins, Sim City 4, and Dead Space 2. This is far form the first time EA has slighted consumers in a blatant cash grab. Is it time for another EA boycott?

2. The Outer Worlds Switch Delay   The Outer Worlds Switch port is the latest game affected by the coronavirus. Originally expected to release on March 5, the game has been delayed indefinitely in order to ensure the health and safety of the Virtuos team working on the project. The Outer Worlds is nowhere near the first gaming victim of the virus outbreak, with other Nintendo projects like the Animal Crossing Switch console also suffering delays, as well as professional gaming leagues such as LCK and Overwatch League.

3. Resident Evil Tribute   Daymare: 1998, a Resident Evil tribute, now has an official release date. The game was originally created as Resident Evil 2 Reborn, but Capcom thwarted those plans when they decided to make an official Resident Evil 2 remake of their own. Undeterred, Daymare developers decided to change the name but keep the game. It’s still essentially Resident Evil 2, but with different names and a couple of fresh ideas. Daymare: 1998 will be released on April 28, and will be competing directly with the Resident Evil 3 remake which launches on April 3.

4. Activision Remasters   During their Q4 earnings report, Activision announced that they are planning to release several new remastered games this year. Following the success of remasters like Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, and Modern Warfare, it’s not hard to see why. Fans love replaying the nostalgic games with modern technology, and they're certainly easier to develop in comparison to creating an entirely new game. Which games would you like to see remastered?

P.S. Check out Ryan's latest First Impressions review! This week's featured game is Ticket to Ride.

Comment 15

• Ayden (Intentions) LV.24 Default Savior Feb 8, 2020, 05:42 AM

ea bully

• Papiulevic LV.24 Clearly Hacking Feb 8, 2020, 05:53 AM

EA SUCKS

• ZeroDawnRogue LV.23 Dream Chaser Feb 8, 2020, 07:37 AM

When will you guys realize that triple A game companies see the consumer *YOU* as a dumb lil baby that got its rich parents inheritance 😂

• W̶i̶s̶p̶y̶♡ LV.26 Fearless Feb 8, 2020, 05:47 AM

:(

• 9 Inches Limp LV.24 Xbox Feb 8, 2020, 05:47 AM

Manhunt

• Dry Martini LV.24 Genius Feb 8, 2020, 08:01 AM

I read the title, shame on EA, and I was like, no dip, what'd they do this time now

• </_Wasabi_\> LV.26 Try Hard Feb 8, 2020, 09:31 AM

EA small stinky brain

• NO NAME verified Feb 11, 2020, 07:06 AM

MiCrOtRanSaCtIoN tImE bOyS

• Laura Martínez LV.3 Lurker Feb 8, 2020, 09:14 AM

When I read the EA title I thought it was about the hot tub thing that happened with The Sims 4

• The_Real_llama LV.26 Carry Me Feb 8, 2020, 11:52 AM

not surprised about the EA one ngl.

• Superdonkey2 LV.20 OPFOR Feb 8, 2020, 10:42 PM

Pathetic

• FUCK YOU KID LV.23 Boo! Feb 9, 2020, 04:07 PM

EA sports more like poopy stinky

• GV_Buckey LV.11 Fortnite > Apex Feb 9, 2020, 05:02 PM

We were wrong all the time..... We thought EA means ELECTRONIC ARTS... But now the secret is now not a secret.... EA means EAT ASS

• B1GPoppiLoCCSta LV.19 Monster Feb 11, 2020, 12:03 AM

naw not doing EA wrong. what's pathetic is gamers complaining About gaming Price's. gaming is a luxury. but this app has so many broke adults and kids. fits the narrative. Its a business!

• gamer858972918 LV.2 Lurker Feb 11, 2020, 05:31 AM

Home