Team Moot Team Moot verified Admin
Feb 6, 2020, 05:41 AM 2,408 read

The Daily Moot: Is Rockstar in Trouble?

1. Dan Houser Leaving Rockstar

Moot: News Picks - The Daily Moot: Is Rockstar in Trouble? image 2

Dan Houser, co-founder of Rockstar Games and head writer of Bully, Red Dead Redemption, and Grand Theft Auto, is leaving Rockstar. It’s not clear why Houser is leaving the studio, but it seems to be on good terms. Rockstar put out a statement thanking Houser, saying they are “extremely grateful for his contributions.” Dan Houser’s brother and fellow co-founder Sam Houser will still remain as President of the company. Rockstar is easily one of the most successful and critically acclaimed gaming studios, in large part because of Houser's writing on franchises like GTA and Red Dead Redemption. Let’s hope Dan Houser’s absence won’t result in a drop in quality.

2. Super Smash Bros. Fire Emblem   It’s no secret that Super Smash Bros. Ultimate has a lot of Fire Emblem characters. In total, there are 8 playable characters from the series and another 3 non-playable assist trophy characters. This has led to criticism from fans, which Nintendo has now addressed. Shockingly, it turns out that Masahiro Sakurai, director of Super Smash Bros., agrees with fans. In his statement Sakurai said, “There are too many Fire Emblem characters. But when something’s decided, I move ahead with it.” In other words, the decision to add the characters is determined by Nintendo and is out of the director’s hands. No word on whether or not anything will change in the future, but it seems unlikely.

3. First-Party PlayStation Studio Closes   PlayStation has officially closed Manchester VR, their first-party PlayStation Studio. Manchester VR was established to create exclusive virtual reality games for the PlayStation, but it’s now been shut down before ever releasing a game. Sony explained their decision was part of an effort to “improve efficiency and operational effectiveness.” Manchester VR is the third UK-based PlayStation studio to be closed in the PS4 generation.

4. The Mandalorian Season 2   The Mandalorian Season 2 has been confirmed by Disney during their recent quarterly earnings call. Although they didn’t provide an exact release date, they did mention that The Mandalorian Season 2 will launch in October of this year. Disney also promised more Baby Yoda merchandise and consumer products, including a $350 life-size statue. While efforts on a third season are still unclear, Disney boss Robert Iger suggested that Mandalorian spinoffs are a definite possibility. Maybe Baby Yoda will get his own show?

Comment 17

• Steelstrange465I LV.22 Carry Me Feb 6, 2020, 05:42 AM

Season 2 on the Mandalorian? Can't wait!

• ᣵˣᵈloveli LV.26 Fortnite > Apex Feb 6, 2020, 06:18 AM

Forget Fortnite v Minecraft. Rockstar is dying

• H20wned LV.5 Pathfinder Main Feb 6, 2020, 09:26 AM

there is no V. minecraft shouldnt be compared to such a trash game

• ᣵˣᵈloveli LV.26 Fortnite > Apex Feb 6, 2020, 09:24 PM

huh?

• Superdonkey2 LV.20 OPFOR Feb 7, 2020, 09:02 AM

Yeah, we said it, fortnite sucks dick

• ᣵˣᵈloveli LV.26 Fortnite > Apex Feb 7, 2020, 09:29 PM

oh. ok. nice to know

• H20wned LV.5 Pathfinder Main Feb 12, 2020, 12:01 PM

silence w e e b

• Bruttus LV.24 Bandit Feb 6, 2020, 02:23 PM

disney: makes mandalorian season 2
    everyone: buys disney + again
    disney:

• Yorpasoras Rex LV.26 Rootin Tootin Feb 6, 2020, 06:20 AM

babbabababababbabababayayyayayay yoooododooa

• Papiulevic LV.24 Clearly Hacking Feb 6, 2020, 10:40 PM

baba is you

• Yorpasoras Rex LV.26 Rootin Tootin Feb 7, 2020, 05:55 AM

indeed and who downvoted my comment 😢

• Papiulevic LV.24 Clearly Hacking Feb 7, 2020, 03:23 PM

me not

• Yorpasoras Rex LV.26 Rootin Tootin Feb 7, 2020, 03:37 PM

I'm finna make a meme out of those two words

• SuperiorGrub LV.2 Lurker Feb 6, 2020, 07:31 AM

Hopefully they have done the writing for gta 6 or it might not ever be made

• ErikPlays43 LV.26 Be my Mootentine ❤️ Feb 6, 2020, 12:47 PM

nah the homie Danny? He is the only one who can make a great game!

• Mr. Underwood LV.4 Lurker Feb 6, 2020, 10:58 PM

• LittleManSan LV.7 OPFOR Feb 6, 2020, 04:15 PM

i would spend 350 dollars on baby yoda

Home