Team Moot Team Moot verified Admin
Jan 28, 2020, 05:17 AM 2,878 read

The Daily Moot (Apex's New Character Murdered!)

1. Apex's New Character Has Been Murdered

Moot: News Picks - The Daily Moot (Apex's New Character Murdered!) image 33

Just days after his announcement, Apex's new character Forge has been killed off. Apex Legends just released its latest "Stories from the Outlands" video which features Forge getting murdered during a live interview. His assassin? None other than Revenant. Does this mean that Revenant will be the new Season 4 legend instead of Forge or is Respawn just throwing us for a loop? Check out the trailer below and let us know what you think.

2. Do In-Game Punishments Violate Your Rights?   After his in-game appeal was denied, gamer Amro Elansari recently sued Jagex for muting his Runescape account. The player alleged that Jagex had engaged in discrimination against him, and that the mute violated his First Amendment rights to freedom of speech. While it was an interesting approach, the lawsuit was quickly dismissed with a US Federal Court determining, “The First Amendment and its constitutional free speech guarantees restrict government actors, not private entities.” In other words, Jagex can do whatever it wants with its own game because it’s a private entity. So no, as much as it may feel unjust, getting muted does not violate your civil rights.

3. Activision Signs Exclusive Deal with YouTube   Activision Blizzard has signed a partnership deal with Google which will put all of their streaming content exclusively on YouTube. This means that pro leagues such as Overwatch League and Call of Duty League will only be available on YouTube, and will no longer appear on other streaming services such as Twitch. Although Twitch is still the dominant force in the game streaming market, competitors such as YouTube and Mixer have been making huge strides and closing the gap through deals like this.

4. New Star Wars Game   According to a leak from Cinelix, a new Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic game is currently in development. While rumors of a Knights of the Old Republic remake have been circulating for years, the new game will instead be a sequel to the first. BioWare created the much-loved original but it’s unclear whether or not they will have any hand in the upcoming game. There's not a lot of info yet, but expect more details to be revealed later this year at E3.

5. Chinese Professional LoL Suspended   China’s League of Legends Professional League has been suspended indefinitely due to the Coronavirus outbreak. The LPL’s official Twitter released a statement saying that matches would be suspended until they can "ensure the safety and health of players and fans." It’s unclear yet how this will affect teams and players who undoubtedly want to reach global competition at MSI later this year.

6. Hearthstone VR   Blizzard has apparently created a Hearthstone VR prototype, enabling players to play the card game in virtual reality. It’s not just the cards and board but the entire tavern, so you can really warm your toes by the hearth! Some of the features of the prototype allowed players to walk around the tavern, throw cards, and flip tables. Unfortunately, as fun as it may sound, it is unlikely that the VR version will ever see production.

Comment 29

• Mathfailure1212 LV.17 Pokémon Master Jan 28, 2020, 05:23 AM

What happens when you get banned from Hearthstone VR? Does some big orc bouncer come and throw you out?

• JBL2Xtreme LV.21 You're a Bot Jan 28, 2020, 05:22 AM

do you think that somebody reads ALL of this??

• Papiulevic LV.24 Clearly Hacking Jan 28, 2020, 05:37 AM

me

• DarkSwainXYT LV.6 Nomad Jan 28, 2020, 09:20 AM

I do actually so thanks for asking

• Reusablebelt171 LV.27 Professional Noob Jan 28, 2020, 09:25 AM

many actually, I'm one of them

• Đrowsy LV.20 Apex > Fortnite Jan 28, 2020, 11:21 AM

I feel u bro XD

• The_Real_llama LV.26 Carry Me Jan 28, 2020, 01:31 PM

me

• Pr!magent!c_code LV.17 Clearly Hacking Jan 28, 2020, 10:53 PM

me too

• ObliviousRex verified LV.34 Haunted Jan 28, 2020, 05:26 AM

*cough* Apex Legend’s season 4 legend, Forge, had a bad day. *cough*

https://moot.us/lounges/124/boards/517/posts/2636281/stories-from-the-outlands-up-close-and-personal

• Papiulevic LV.24 Clearly Hacking Jan 28, 2020, 05:37 AM

coronavirus sucks

• Dalty~ LV.5 Let’s play R6! Jan 28, 2020, 05:45 AM

yea i guess i never expected such a matter to affect professional gaming but here are

• The_Real_llama LV.26 Carry Me Jan 28, 2020, 01:31 PM

Kung flu

• DelightfulChaos8 LV.7 Gym Leader Jan 28, 2020, 07:18 PM

Or Flu-shu. In China, one of it's names it's popularly referred to as is "Wushu"

• Firefly7989 LV.18 Apex > Fortnite Jan 28, 2020, 11:10 AM

i think its an imposter forge. in the video he looks different than the official picture released. in his official pic he doesnt have a scar through his eyebrow and green eyes and scared up hand. but the video there are no scars except his eye and he has brown eyes... even the gun charm in his deathbox at the sorting factory says hes often imitated

• xDylanPara LV.9 Budding Buccaneer Jan 28, 2020, 08:17 PM

Could be true 🤷🏻‍♂️. Good eye bro

• xDylanPara LV.9 Budding Buccaneer Jan 28, 2020, 06:05 PM

I’m actually kinda excited for Apex Legends Season 4. I wonder what’s going to happen

• Firefly7989 LV.18 Apex > Fortnite Jan 29, 2020, 11:42 AM

i think revenant is gonna blow up something in capital and sorting factory. hes up to something definitely the tweets say hammond robotics was broken into 5 times and 3 employees are "missing" along with data breaches...

• xDylanPara LV.9 Budding Buccaneer Jan 29, 2020, 01:16 PM

Seems like Season 4 is going to have A LOT of things related to the storyline

• zae 420 LV.5 Lurker Jan 28, 2020, 11:46 PM

You think we might be getting both ?

• Firefly7989 LV.18 Apex > Fortnite Jan 29, 2020, 11:42 AM

i think so honestly and some big map changes

• OCTANE14 LV.7 Nomad Jan 28, 2020, 10:47 AM

I think there's going to be two legend or forged is getting a new upgrade or my last gest Revenent is the new legends. comment if I am correct or you have another idea was going to be the next legend

• CodyB_fb LV.26 Pathfinder Main Jan 28, 2020, 12:31 PM

APEX HYPEE!!! As always lul

• Carlos Altagracia LV.1 Mootie Jan 28, 2020, 12:55 PM

I think they're adding both revenant and forge

• Errorname404 LV.19 Game Critic Jan 28, 2020, 05:22 AM

no

• Lil Yoinks LV.3 Beast Jan 28, 2020, 09:13 AM

Yes

• retr0 LV.1 Mootie Jan 28, 2020, 09:14 AM

Bruh idk how Revenant isn’t going to be played next season

• DelightfulChaos8 LV.7 Gym Leader Jan 28, 2020, 07:19 PM

like a REAL Apex Legend. that's how.