The Daily Moot (3/9/18)
1. Fortnite Battle Royale Coming to Mobile
Epic Games is developing Fortnite Battle Royale for iOS and Android devices. There is no specific release date yet, but iOS users will be able to sign up for an early version of the game sometime this year (Android support will come later). The early sign ups will begin March 12th where users will be put on an email invite list and will receive a notice when the game is available. Both mobile versions will have the capability to play cross platform with PC, Mac, PS4, and Xbox. The future of gaming is having the ability to play your favorite game across all platforms, and Epic games is paving the way.
2. Sea of Thieves Last Open Beta The Sea of Thieves final open beta begins today on Xbox and PC, and will be the biggest version of the game any players has seen. In addition to everything you had seen previously in the beta, you and your friends will now be able to test out Merchant Alliance voyages and Skeleton Fort attacks. Remember, the game is still a beta so there are bound to be sugs bugs, but the development team will take note and make sure the game is seamless upon the full release on March 20th. Sea of Thieves shows a lot of promise and is ready to make an impact in the gaming world in 2018!
3. Undertale Coming to Nintendo Switch Yoyo Games has partnered with Nintendo and is bringing the classic game, Undertale, to the Nintendo Switch. The original creator of the game, Toby Fox, commented on the game saying he is very excited and hopes Mario plays his game. The game will be available sometime this Summer and is expected to be quite popular.
4. Days Gone Delayed Sony has confirmed that Days Gone will be delayed until at least 2019. While there is no reason for the games delay, it is a fair to assume it has taken longer to develop than expected. The game takes place in a post apocalyptic world following a bounty hunter named Deacon St. John as he fights zombie-like enemies. The highly anticipated game will be heavily sought after in 2019!
5. Valve’s New Digital Card Game Valve finally released some information on their next Dota-2 themed digital card game, Artifact. Artifact is a very unique take on a digital card game as it has hero cards that respawn after death, three lanes of play, and items to buy and equip to creatures. The digital card game sure is crowded, but Valve seems more than ready to take on the challenge of entering the market.