Team Moot Team Moot verified Admin
Dec 17, 2019, 04:45 AM 2,279 read

The Daily Moot (12/16/19)

1. Become a Cosmic DJ in No Man’s Sky

Moot: News Picks - The Daily Moot (12/16/19) image 2

After a very rocky launch, it seems No Man's Sky has finally figured things out. A pre-holiday update just hit No Man’s Sky and it includes a new audio feature which lets players make cosmic-inspired beats. For fledgling beat makers, the tool includes plenty of presets and AI-generated assistance. Those of you who are experienced (or perhaps just overconfident) can tell the AI to scram and create your own music from scratch. Could the next big act in music get their start from a video game?

2. Street Fighter 5 Bringing Back Seth   Street Fighter 5: Champion Edition already has one of the largest rosters of any fighting game, boasting over 40 characters with hundreds of costumes. Well, it seems that it’s still not enough; Capcom is adding a handful of returning characters including Street Fighter 4’s polarizing boss Seth. Seth is a genetically engineered, genderless villain who’s clearly been going a bit overboard with the steroids. As a genderless character, Seth will have access to both male and female costumes, but for some reason the game refers to Seth as “he” even in female form.

3. Lightsabers Come to Fortnite   The Star Wars Fortnite saga continues as lightsabers made their way to the battlefield this weekend. That’s not all that happened, J.J. Abrams also stopped by the drive-in theater at Risky Reels to debut a new clip from Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker. It’s pretty cool to see their mutual commitment to the crossover and it’s undoubtedly great promotion for both the movie and the game. Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker will hit theaters on December 20th.

4. DLC Coming to The Outer Worlds   The Outer Worlds has experienced nothing but success since its release earlier this year in October. Developer Obsidian Entertainment is now proving their commitment to the critically acclaimed game, promising a story-expanding DLC in 2020. We don’t have too many details on what to expect, but it’s safe to say that 2020 will be a big year for The Outer Worlds as the DLC will likely coincide with the game’s launch on the Nintendo Switch.

Comment 23

• Skullkidfan verified LV.31 Bloodhound Main Dec 17, 2019, 05:00 AM

cool

• BreadBoi LV.21 S Dec 17, 2019, 05:00 AM

Noice

• Dank Hanz OwO LV.19 Carry Me Dec 17, 2019, 05:15 AM

dude I forgot no man sky was a game

• SS T R E E T O P LV.21 Shadow Dec 17, 2019, 05:33 AM

That's a EXTRAORDINARY picture!👍💯

• CodyB_fb LV.26 Pathfinder Main Dec 17, 2019, 07:56 AM

No Man's Sky just keeps getting better and better

• Demongrel LV.24 Nightmare Dec 17, 2019, 08:19 AM

Now they just need full on dedicated servers and clan support so we can create a band camp

• CodyB_fb LV.26 Pathfinder Main Dec 17, 2019, 08:24 AM

Don't they already have dedicated servers?

• Demongrel LV.24 Nightmare Dec 17, 2019, 08:25 AM

Oh wait, yeah i brainfarted and should have elaborated more. I meant as in like an MMO where everyones in the same instance

• CodyB_fb LV.26 Pathfinder Main Dec 17, 2019, 09:33 AM

All good lol and yeah that I definitely agree on. It's not like there wouldn't be enough room xD 46 quintillion planets would hold everyone and their bases fairly easily but idk what it would take to have that many people all on one giant procedurally generated map. I don't even know if the procedural generation would work in mmo format but if they could make it happen it would be a game changer. I'm so proud of this game.. Hello Games have brought it sooo far since the horrible release it had. I got it for $10, brand new still in the plastic and it currently is worth $15 of trade-in value at GameStop lol if you don't know anything about their normal trade-in offers, that's really high for them. Like the new God of War will get you $5 and it's 3 years newer than NMS lol that's a true testament to how far this game has come.. sorry for the rant lol this topic always gets me going

• Demongrel LV.24 Nightmare Dec 17, 2019, 02:54 PM

Yeah the perseverance at Hello Games after all the backlash has been amazing. They should have been clear about their game at launch from the get go, but they still made the biggest comeback in video game history. Also don’t even sweat it man, it’s refreshing talking to a person who actually takes time to say something meaningful. It shows passion and the world lacks that heavily so you keep doing you, brother. But yeah I’m highly excited to see where this game goes in the future tho that’s for sure, after the VR update this game has been a whole trip and a half

• ethvn.exe LV.20 I'm a Bot Dec 17, 2019, 05:01 AM

wowzers

• ZaneStar verified LV.28 Rare Candy Dec 17, 2019, 05:12 AM

cool!

• Kira_Yoshikage!! LV.5 Lurker Dec 17, 2019, 05:20 AM

ZOINKS

• diablo_bih LV.8 Mob Dec 17, 2019, 06:37 AM

Can't wait for street fighter 🙏

• ProChEeSeMeuP LV.1 Mootie Dec 17, 2019, 05:10 AM

boo

• Deep Freeze LV.11 Big Chungus Dec 17, 2019, 05:14 AM

K