The Daily Moot (3/7/18)
1. Another Nintendo Direct is Coming!
Nintendo recently announced that there will be a Nintendo Direct coming tomorrow, March 8th. The company has stated the Direct will be giving more information on the upcoming title, Mario Tennis Aces, but there is absolutely going to something else involved in the presentation. The question is: what will they announce? Fans are expecting to hear something along the lines of Fire Emblem for the Switch, or maybe the release date for the upcoming Yoshi title. While some fans are hoping for a massive surprise such as details on the new Pokémon for Switch or even Super Smash Bros. What do you think will be announced?
2. Fortnite Battle Royale is Getting a 20-Player Squad Mode Fortnite Battle Royale will be getting a limited time game mode where players team up in groups of 20 to take on four other 20 member teams, called Victory Royale. This is the first large team game mode since the 50v50 game mode that premiered at the end of last year. There is no specific release date for the new game mode as of now, but expect some news in the next couple of days or so. New and exciting game modes is just one of the ways Fortnite Battle Royale is the separating itself (in a good way) from PUBG.
3. Black Ops 4 Should be Coming Soon Rumors and leaks have been popping up everywhere hinting that Black Ops 4 will be the next major Call of Duty title. A new rumor popped up yesterday as James Harden was wearing a hat featuring the Black Ops 4 logo when he arrived in Oklahoma City to take on the Thunder. Expect the game to be announced sometime in the near future and expect it to be developed by Treyarch, the company who developed the last three Black Ops games. Stay tuned for more information in the following weeks!
4. Rainbow Six: Siege Hits All Time High Players The 2015 title, Rainbow Six: Siege, is making an unprecedented comeback in gaming as they just broke their all time high player count. Yesterday, it was reported there was a high of 176,000 players, which is up from last years high of just over 47,000 players. The all time high comes just one day after the newest update, Outbreak, where players fight off a parasitic infection in a remote town in New Mexico. It looks like Rainbow Six: Siege will be here to stay for a long time from now.
5. Final Fantasy XV is out on Steam After over a full year, Final Fantasy XV is now available on Steam for $50. The game will feature free Half Life costumes if you purchase it anytime before May 1st. The game is a super fun RPG which takes you on an adventure through mystical fantasy worlds, so you should buy it now!