The Daily Moot (8/2/18)News Picks
1. Overwatch League adds two new Teams
Activision Blizzard announced today the addition of two more teams to the Overwatch League. The new teams will be based on Atlanta, Georgia and Guangzhou, China. The official team names, logos, and rosters will be revealed at a later date. These will probably not the only teams added before the next season, as Activision Blizzard has said they want to add six teams to the league.
2. PUBG’s New Event Mode is Set on Sanhok PUBG’s next limited-time mode takes place on Sanhok and starts tonight at 7 pm PDT. The game mode is called ‘Sanhok Forty-Fivers’ and restricts you to using 0.45 ACP ammo weapons. That means you’ll be able to use Tommy Guns, Win94s, P1911s, and Vectors. There are also throwable weapons for you to use. Games will have up to 20 four-person squads. The mode will be available until Monday evening.
3. Spyro Reignited Trilogy Will Require Download to Play Games 2 and 3 The highly anticipated Spyro Reignited Trilogy, which includes remasters of all three games in the series, will require a serious download of some kind to play the second and third games. We don’t know exactly what kind of download will be necessary, but it could range from a day one patch up to requiring you to download the games in their entirety. The Spyro Reignited Trilogy is releasing on September 21st for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
4. Combat Racing Game GRIP to Full Release on November 6th GRIP is an intense combat racing game that has been in Steam Early Access for quite some time. Well, the game is almost ready for mass consumption according to its producer. On November 6th the game will come to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch. GRIP allows you to customize your car, equip weapons, use powers, and race on dozens of different tracks.
5. Popular Board Game Gloomhaven Gets Video Game Adaptation Earlier today at Gen Con 2018, Asmodee Digital announced they will be developing an adaptation of the board game Gloomhaven. According to BoardGameGeek, Gloomhaven is the top-rated board game of all time. The original creator of the board game is directly involved in the project, which will hopefully mean the video game maintains much of the original game’s flavor. Expect the single-player dungeon crawler to launch into Steam Early Access early next year.