Team Moot verified Admin
Feb 21, 2018, 05:39 AM 2,805 read

The Daily Moot (2/20/18)

News Picks

1. ‘Rainbow Six: Siege’ Will not get a Sequel

Moot: News Picks - The Daily Moot (2/20/18) image 2

Although Rainbow Six: Siege started off slow, the game is proving to be worthy with its recent success. The developers are claiming there will not be a sequel to the game as R6: Siege is intended to stick around for another 10 years or so. There are plans to release at least 100 total operators into the game (36 currently with eight coming soon) over the span of the title’s lifetime. R6: Siege is one of the greatest comeback stories in video game history as it now has reached a total of 27 million players according to Ubisoft. Expect big things for Rainbow Six: Siege in the year of 2018 and for many years to come!

2. Can Playing Video Games be Beneficial?   In a recent study done by the University of Electronic Science and Technology of China in Chengdu, researchers came to the conclusion that playing one hour of League of Legends can positively affect brain activity. Although the sample size was quite small at 29 players, there was a wide variety of players in terms of skill level and amount of time played who were included in the study. In the wake of the “Gaming Disorder” news, it is quite pleasant to see the media isn’t only focusing on the “negatives” of gaming. Check out the link to see the full study on why gaming can be beneficial!

3. Fortnite’s Season 3 Battle Pass Revealed   Fortnite’s newest Battle Pass contents have been revealed and they surely will not disappoint. The upcoming theme is (drumroll please!): SPACE! That’s right, the newest cosmetics coming to season three of Fortnite will take you and your squad to space. So far, only the space suit has been revealed but expect some other awesome gear to come out in the near future. We do not know exactly when the battle pass will be released but it could come as early as February 21st, the day after season two is over. It is time to prepare for liftoff as Fortnite’s space cosmetics are right around the corner!

4. A New PUBG Map is Coming in March   The developers of PUBG have been spending 100% of their efforts locating and banning cheaters worldwide. Due to this issue, there have been many setbacks in the advancements and updates to the actual game of PUBG. But have no fear! The shiny new updates are just around the corner which are set to include gameplay enhancements as well as a brand new map that will be announced in March. To see the entire plan for the future of PUBG, check out the article by pcgamer.com.

5. H1Z1 Continues to Struggle   It was not too long ago when H1Z1 was consistently the third most popular game on Steam with an average of 86k players per hour. It seems the tides have changed as today the game is struggling to even break the top 50 games on Steam, or even break 10k concurrent players per day, according to data analysts from GitHyp. The competition, PUBG and Fortnite, is getting the best of H1Z1 and taking up a large majority of the ‘Battle Royale’ market share. Despite the game’s recent struggles, they are still set to announce the 15 teams that will participate in the ‘H1Z1 Pro League’ which is set to kick off sometime in the first quarter of 2018. Will the game ever get back to where it once was?

Comment 15

• NO NAME verified Feb 21, 2018, 06:33 AM

No sequel to r6s is a good decision, it's good to see they are planning for the long run !

But I hope they upgrade the engine in the future, because ten years will take its toll on that front ^^

• nevanellis LV.19 Sage Feb 21, 2018, 12:13 PM

I think the game should get remastered for the new consoles or should release more games similar because over this past year I’ve played siege and only siege (doesn’t change the fact that i suck) and i am the type of person that gets worse at other games when only one is prioritized. All im saying is that ive adopted rainbows playstyle and wanna see more games like it.

• joe.mama LV.20 Chicken Dinner Feb 22, 2018, 03:51 AM

I feell u

• DontTKChanka LV.17 Best Squadmate Mar 8, 2018, 11:57 PM

I think the same

• ObliviousRex verified LV.36 Dream Chaser Feb 21, 2018, 12:17 PM

I like what they’ve done with Siege, but I do hope they do a single-player/co-op story game sometime in the future here. R6 has always been one of my favorites.

• NO NAME verified Feb 21, 2018, 11:21 PM

Yeah, they're adding a bit of storytelling with the outbreak event !

Every character has his personality, so there's room for that !

Plus, I'd love to see a cinematic with tachanka just going in and yelling "TCHANKATCHANKATCHANKA"

• joe.mama LV.20 Chicken Dinner Feb 22, 2018, 03:49 AM

Yes

• joe.mama LV.20 Chicken Dinner Feb 22, 2018, 03:50 AM

Outbreak is similar to a campaign

• joe.mama LV.20 Chicken Dinner Feb 22, 2018, 03:50 AM

Outbreak is similar to campian

Sorry lag on phone

Bad wifi

• joe.mama LV.20 Chicken Dinner Feb 22, 2018, 03:49 AM

Thats nice and also what i was expecting for a game like siege that grew its popularity slowly

• NO NAME verified Feb 22, 2018, 08:20 AM

That hurts

• NO NAME verified Mar 6, 2018, 06:30 AM

Damn

• Djh2244 LV.3 Lurker Mar 6, 2018, 05:03 PM

I'm new is there an official rainbow or any kind of page for rainbow

Home