The Daily Moot (7/3/19)News Picks
1. Let's Play: Harry Potter Wizards Unite! Harry Potter: Wizards Unite came out a few weeks ago and Dylan was incredibly excited to try it. Come along on the journey as Dylan loads up Harry Potter: Wizards Unite for the first time!
2. Fortnite x Stranger Things Crossover Things on Fortnite’s battle royale map are starting to get a bit… Strange. Portals from the popular TV show Strangers Things have popped up in and around the Mega Mall. When you walk through one of the portals everything goes dark for a second before you’re teleported to somewhere else on the map. This is hopefully just the start of a bigger crossover event to build hype for Season 3 of Stranger Things, which releases tomorrow.
3. Hunt: Showdown Leaving Early Access Next month, Hunt: Showdown will finally leave early access and join the big boy world of fully released games. In Hunt: Showdown, you compete with other bounty hunters to find and kill a horrible monster. With the PvP elements in Hunt: Showdown, it captures a lot of the tension that makes battle royale games exciting without actually being a battle royale itself. Hunt: Showdown officially launches out of early access on August 27th.
4. First Official Teamfight Tactics Tournament Announced Riot Games announced this morning they will be hosting the first official Teamfight Tactics tournament with the help of Twitch Rivals. The tournament, set to take place on July 17th-18th, will feature 64 popular Twitch streamers and a prize pool of $125K USD. The full lineup of streamers for the tournament will be revealed on July 8th. We have a growing lounge for Teamfight Tactics here on Moot if you want to find out what the game is or how you can improve at it.
5. Reloading will be Different in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare In the upcoming Call of Duty: Modern Warfare game, reloading will be different from previous games in the series in a few ways. The most prominent change is the new ability to reload while aiming down sights. This way you won’t be taken out of the action so much every time you reload your weapon. There will also be different reload animations based on how many bullets are left in the magazine. This is to try and foster a more immersive feeling as well. Modern Warfare launches on October 25th for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.