Team Moot verified Admin
Jun 29, 2018, 03:27 AM 3,166 read

The Daily Moot (6/28/18)

News Picks

1. Overwatch Hero 28 Revealed

Moot: News Picks - The Daily Moot (6/28/18) image 2

The official Overwatch Twitter account has revealed the identity of the newest hero coming to the popular game and it is, drumroll please…… a chubby hamster in a ball! You can see the adorable little guy for yourself in the tweet attached below. Many are assuming the new hero’s name is Hammond, but nothing official has been revealed by Blizzard on that topic just yet.

See the Developer Update here:

2. Sony Considering Giving Fans Universal Cross-Platform Play   While it is usually Nintendo being overly protective regarding cross-platform play, lately it has been Sony in the news for restricting their player base. Many games on PlayStation 4 let you play with your friends on PC, but Sony does not let PS4 owners play with their friends on Microsoft or Nintendo platforms. While this has been true for a while now with games like Rocket League, it has come to the forefront now because of Fortnite. A Sony execute recently claimed they are “looking at a lot of possibilities” and will come to a solution that “will be understood and accepted by [their] gaming community.” Will PS4 players accept anything short of complete cross-platform access? We hope not.

3. Marvel Powers United VR Releasing Next Month   Earlier today Oculus announced the Marvel themed co-op fighter Marvel Powers United VR will launch on July 26th. Alongside the announcement of a date, Oculus revealed Black Panther as a playable character. Now there are 8 total characters revealed, including Thor, Hulk, and Deadpool. In Marvel Powers United VR you play with friends to fight off waves of enemies, akin to Halo’s Firefight game mode or Gears of War’s Horde.

4. Halo TV Series Coming to Showtime Next Year   After years of speculation, we finally have a confirmed Halo TV series coming out next year. The series will start in the 26th century, the same time frame as the original Halo game. There will be ten episodes in the first season, each an hour long. The Halo story is rich and should make for some great television if executed properly. Seeing as both Microsoft/343Industries and Steven Spielberg are involved with the project, we have high hopes.

Comment 11

• ObliviousRex LV.36 RIP Jun 29, 2018, 11:20 AM

Text cut off at the end of #2.

I’m really looking forward to Halo as a TV series. I hope they can pull it off.

• NO NAME verified Jun 29, 2018, 08:50 AM

Its a hamster

• Neight LV.10 Try Hard Jun 29, 2018, 06:44 PM

I think I officially hate overwatch nah overwatch league is keeping me alive

“Blizzard actually but Spider-Man in the game except a hamster... in a ball” -seagull

• NO NAME verified Jun 30, 2018, 12:21 AM

Clearly I'm living in a nightmare where AAA brands can sell me a hamster driving a mechanized, weaponized hamster ball

• Lucidem LV.27 Nightmare Jun 29, 2018, 03:39 AM

Hamster

• bobdalob LV.25 Rootin Tootin Jun 29, 2018, 07:14 AM

I like it. Overwatch needed some more quirk.

• Jasper12 LV.2 Lurker Jun 29, 2018, 08:41 AM

Does anyone know when it will release in the live servers not ptr

• Lucidem LV.27 Nightmare Jun 29, 2018, 08:45 PM

• NO NAME verified Jun 29, 2018, 08:57 AM

Cool I wish I can see it it looks cool really good character

• NO NAME verified Jun 29, 2018, 09:21 AM

When dva get a hamster that is intelligent

• NO NAME verified Jul 2, 2018, 12:11 PM

just why

Home