The Daily Moot (6/27/18)News Picks
1) Fortnite: Season 5 Release Date, Cosmetic Leaks, and Playground Mode
Fortnite just continues to stay atop the gaming industry by releasing new, quality content consistently. Today Epic’s community coordinator, Sean Hamilton, revealed season five will begin on July 12th which is two days later than the date we all anticipated. In addition, from June 29th through July 2nd Fortnite will have the ‘100% match XP weekend’ to allow players to gain as many season four rewards as possible. Furthermore, many cosmetics were leaked to the public which include new skins, gliders, backbling, and emotes! See the article from Polygon below to see some of the new cosmetics. Lastly, the brand new Playground Mode was released this morning and is available right now for you to play with your squad!
2) H1Z1 Releases New 8X8KM Map H1Z1 recently released a brand new 8x8km map called ‘Outbreak.’ The new map is said to include ‘new terrain, points of interest, and art and textures’ for all players to enjoy! It is great to see H1Z1 developers working so hard to get back to relevancy in the battle royale genre, however it may just be too little, too late. Do you think H1Z1 can make a comeback? Let us know in the comments below!
3) Pokémon GO Player Count Skyrockets Pokémon GO recently unveiled a rather large update and the statistics are proving that users are enjoying the new content. The game just hit their highest number of players since the game took over the world back in 2016. Now if you ask us, we think this is because players want to get a head start on Pokémon Lets Go Eevee/Pikachu because you can transfer Pokémon directly into the upcoming Switch game. Regardless, it is cool to see the game make a resurgence!
4) PUBG Drops Lawsuit with Fornite It has been reported that PUBG has dropped their lawsuit against Epic Games’ Fortnite, although it is still unknown if a settlement was in fact reached. It has only been about a month since the lawsuit was initiated so it is surprising to see it fall through so quickly. Now we can go back to the two behemoth battle royale games duking it out in the virtual gaming world!
5) Overwatch Patch Overwatch has released a new patch in the game that drastically affects Symmetra with regards to her photon projector, secondary fire, overall damaging, and teleporter. It will be interesting to see how the Overwatch fan base reacts to these major changes. In addition, the game implemented a brand new ‘Looking for Group’ feature to enhance gameplay by helping you gather a squad. This all comes in wake of the teasers for the new ‘Hero 28’ rumored to be on the way.