The Daily Moot (5/22/19)News Picks
1. Riot Games is Finally Making a Mobile League of Legends
League of Legends may be the game with the most mobile ripoffs in existence. Well, Riot Games must’ve finally caught on and realized the demand for a mobile League of Legends game because they’re making a (surprise!) mobile League of Legends game. Riot will be partnering with Tencent to develop the mobile game that is apparently not an exact replica of the PC game. Instead, it will play slightly differently as it is designed to be played on your phone
2. First Look at Mario Kart Tour for Mobile Mario Kart Tour is an upcoming mobile version of the popular Nintendo racing game. The game just started a beta test in Japan and some testers were polite enough to upload footage of the game to the internet. Mario Kart Tour is a simplified version of Mario Kart; your car drives automatically, but you can still turn by dragging left or right on your phone screen. The game is also free to play, although some sort of monetization model is expected. Mario Kart Tour is set to release this summer.
3. A Standalone Dota Auto Chess Game is Coming Dota Auto Chess is an insanely popular custom game mode for DotA, a MOBA game similar to League of Legends. Valve has now announced they’ll be working with the Chinese studio that initially developed the custom game mode to bring a standalone game to market. Markets, actually, as Valve will be developing a version for Steam while the Chinese studio developers a Chinese version. A timeline for the standalone game is not yet known.
4. Epic Games Partners with Air Jordan Epic Games just announced a sick partnership with Air Jordan that brings a new Limited Time Mode, new skins, and more to Fortnite. The Limited Time Mode is called The Downtown Drop; if you ever played Sonic, you’ll feel right at home here. Race to the bottom of the course as you collect coins on your way down. There’s also a new skateboard Back Bling with 10 different styles.
5. Path of Exile: Legion Expansion Official Trailer Path of Exile is a DOPE free dungeon grinder game, similar in gameplay and style to Diablo. Next month, the game will be getting an expansion called Legion. In Legion, players throw themselves into an eternal battle between five different armies. There’s new everything in this update, including new enemies, jewels, items, Divination Cards, and build archetypes. There’s also an overhaul of the game’s melee combat systems. Legion releases on June 7th.
======================== Have you heard of Dauntless? It is a free to play monster slaying game that is on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. The game is also cross platform and multiplayer. Check out the Dauntless lounge to find teammates and discuss the game!