The Daily Moot (5/9/19)
1. Fortnite Season 9 is Here!
Mama, it’s better than Christmas... it’s new Fortnite Season Day! The 9th Season of Fortnite is taking us into a new sci-fi future, where Tilted Towers and Retail Row have both been rebuilt. There are also several smaller changes around the map. Slipstream’s are this season form of fast travel. Perhaps the craziest aspect of Season 9 is that the Pump Shotgun has been vaulted! There’s a new combat shotgun to take its place. What has you most excited about Season 9? Head over to the Fortnite lounge now to find teammates to explore the new season!
2. Reverse Friendly Fire Comes to Rainbow Six Ubisoft has taken the next step in their attempt to ‘fix’ Rainbow Six Siege’s friendly fire and teamkilling issues. Starting today, reverse friendly fire will reflect damage dealt to teammates back onto the shooter. This only kicks in after a player has either killed a teammate who chose not to forgive them OR dealt enough to teammates in one game that reverse friendly fire activates on its own. What do you Rainbow Six Siege players think of the new solution to griefing and teamkilling?
3. Monster Hunter: World x Witcher 3 Event Begins The Monster Hunter: World and Witcher 3 crossover event has started on PC. There is a new permanent quest that has you play as Geralt of Rivia. You’ll investigate some weirdness going down in the Ancient Forest in typical Witcher fashion. There is also a temporary multiplayer event where you play Ciri. You’ll only be able to complete that between May 17th and May 30th, so make sure you don’t miss the opportunity.
4. Blizzard Reveals Hearthstone’s New Solo Adventure The Hearthstone team just revealed the game’s next solo adventure, called The Dalaran Heist. The Dalaran Heist continues the story started with the recent Rise of Shadows expansion. In The Dalaran Heist, you’ll take on the role of different henchmen working for the League of E.V.I.L. as they attempt to steal the city. The Dalaran Heist will be available to play on May 16th.
5. Ubisoft Won’t Increase Division 2 Gear Score Cap in Next Update Ubisoft planned to increase The Division 2’s Gear Score cap from 500 up to 515 with the upcoming Title Update 3. However, after listening to player feedback, they’ve decided against increasing the Gear Score cap. An increased cap just before the game’s first raid is set to come out would’ve invalidated players’ efforts to improve their gear over the past few weeks. Good looks, Ubisoft.
=================== More stories coming soon!