The Daily Moot (4/24/19)
1. Overwatch Introduces the Workshop
In a surprise developer update this morning the Overwatch team revealed the Workshop, a new custom game mode editor. Jeff Kaplan described the feature as one for “power users,” and explained that the new tool will be easiest to utilize for those with game development or programming experience. The Workshop enables players to build custom game modes and even prototype new heroes. Check out the video below to hear more about it!
2. Modern Warfare 4 May be the Next Call of Duty Game Activision hosted a private event this past weekend to show off the next Call of Duty game to several NFL and college level football players. Using a video posted on one of the player’s Instagram’s, some internet detectives have concluded the new game is Modern Warfare 4. You can apparently hear the words “Modern Warfare 4” and “Killstreaks.” We’ve all be hoping for Modern Warfare 4 for years so fingers crossed this turns out to be true.
3. Days Gone Getting Free DLC Starting this Summer Although Days Gone hasn’t even released yet, the developers announced this morning that the game will be receiving free DLC a couple months after launch. The DLC will include a new Survival difficulty that sounds effectively like playing the game on ‘hard mode.’ There will also be new challenges and rewards for players who complete challenges or Survival mode. Days Gone releases on PlayStation 4 this Friday.
4. Cheaper Nintendo Switch Reportedly Coming Soon There have been whispers about Nintendo’s plans for new Switch models and today we got some more information about what is supposedly in the works. Apparently, there will be a cheaper version of the Switch coming out sometime this June. There is also word of a “modest upgrade” for the original Nintendo Switch, although Nintendo is not working on a “more powerful version” of the console so make of that what you will.
5. Planet Zoo Announcement Trailer The creators of Zoo Tycoon and Planet Zoo have just revealed ‘Planet Zoo,’ a new zoo simulation game. The game includes both a campaign and a sandbox mode, so you can build your zoos however you like. Based on the trailer, the game’s aesthetic is niiice. According to the description, the animals display lifelike behaviors as they explore the habitats you create for them. Planet Zoo is coming to PC in Fall of this year.