Team Moot verified Admin
Apr 25, 2019, 06:31 AM 4,713 read

The Daily Moot (4/24/19)

News Picks

1. Overwatch Introduces the Workshop

Moot: News Picks - The Daily Moot (4/24/19) image 2

In a surprise developer update this morning the Overwatch team revealed the Workshop, a new custom game mode editor. Jeff Kaplan described the feature as one for “power users,” and explained that the new tool will be easiest to utilize for those with game development or programming experience. The Workshop enables players to build custom game modes and even prototype new heroes. Check out the video below to hear more about it!

2. Modern Warfare 4 May be the Next Call of Duty Game   Activision hosted a private event this past weekend to show off the next Call of Duty game to several NFL and college level football players. Using a video posted on one of the player’s Instagram’s, some internet detectives have concluded the new game is Modern Warfare 4. You can apparently hear the words “Modern Warfare 4” and “Killstreaks.” We’ve all be hoping for Modern Warfare 4 for years so fingers crossed this turns out to be true.

3. Days Gone Getting Free DLC Starting this Summer   Although Days Gone hasn’t even released yet, the developers announced this morning that the game will be receiving free DLC a couple months after launch. The DLC will include a new Survival difficulty that sounds effectively like playing the game on ‘hard mode.’ There will also be new challenges and rewards for players who complete challenges or Survival mode. Days Gone releases on PlayStation 4 this Friday.

4. Cheaper Nintendo Switch Reportedly Coming Soon   There have been whispers about Nintendo’s plans for new Switch models and today we got some more information about what is supposedly in the works. Apparently, there will be a cheaper version of the Switch coming out sometime this June. There is also word of a “modest upgrade” for the original Nintendo Switch, although Nintendo is not working on a “more powerful version” of the console so make of that what you will.

5. Planet Zoo Announcement Trailer   The creators of Zoo Tycoon and Planet Zoo have just revealed ‘Planet Zoo,’ a new zoo simulation game. The game includes both a campaign and a sandbox mode, so you can build your zoos however you like. Based on the trailer, the game’s aesthetic is niiice. According to the description, the animals display lifelike behaviors as they explore the habitats you create for them. Planet Zoo is coming to PC in Fall of this year.

Comment 21

• JariiTV LV.12 Fortnite > Apex Apr 25, 2019, 06:52 AM

*Very interesting comment.*

• FutureLeaf verified LV.31 Super Star Apr 25, 2019, 08:19 AM

Finally Overwatch is doing something with their game!

• xᴀȥ LV.26 Mob Apr 25, 2019, 06:51 AM

Me seeing MW4

• SinisterPotatoe LV.21 Team Rocket Apr 25, 2019, 12:49 PM

watch CoD pull a half-life 3 lmao

• MerK LV.29 Made in America Apr 26, 2019, 12:37 AM

Fr lol

• MerK LV.29 Made in America Apr 25, 2019, 06:57 AM

Im gonna wait. CoD is one of those franchises that's just been going downhill for a while. Im gonna wait till I see gameplay.

• MagikninjaFreak LV.3 Lurker Apr 25, 2019, 07:32 PM

While I agree cod franchise has declined, I think bo4 was a pretty good game, they got rid of alot of garbage they been putting into their games and made it feel alot better and more competitive to play.

• MerK LV.29 Made in America Apr 26, 2019, 12:36 AM

I just completely dissagree. Cod bo4 could have been good. But heres the formula of a cod game that everyone has come to love. A sick ass campaign which I didn't fucking get, a sick ass multiplayer which, to be honest I thought was just annoying with all the fucking gadgets and shit. Same reason I didn't like bo3. Then we get some fucking shitty BR mode made to cash in on some fucking craze that's gonna die out soon. Instead of a campaign. Then they fucking copy fortnites tier system. Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to put emotes in a cod game. Not just bo4 but for the other ones too. I just don't like bo4. I uninstalled it after 2 days of play because you got some fucking tryhards with their two saug smg's playing ruin grappling everwhere like a fucking monkey at an amusement park. I just hated everything about it. The worst part is I think the campaign could have been the best one yet. You have all these characters to use, you set up pretty lit sequel to bo4 to show hiw everyone came to be. But nah, take out garbage BR mode and scram.

• Sasukeuchiha517 LV.13 Chief Apr 26, 2019, 10:01 AM

Yeah bruh those spray and pray guns ruined the multiplayer for me. Moved on to other games because of that

• King Takumi LV.21 Clearly Hacking Apr 25, 2019, 07:03 AM

Cool

• DINGY LV.13 Aaaah! Apr 25, 2019, 07:14 AM

🍆

• G0nzag0 LV.2 Lurker Apr 25, 2019, 09:41 AM

Gj

• L'sSang De l'Vveine LV.1 Mootie Apr 25, 2019, 09:43 AM

Lol

• doodle.depot LV.3 Try Hard Apr 25, 2019, 10:06 AM

Looking forward to Workshop!

• gamer172701715 LV.23 Boo! Apr 25, 2019, 02:04 PM

Yeah