The Daily Moot (4/19/19)
1. Moot Points Episode 50: Is Apex Legends Dead?! Happy Friday MootTubers! We have a VERY special episode of Moot Points this week as we are celebrating 50 episodes! There's even a giveaway in this episode, so we highly encourage you check out the episode RIGHT NOW!!!
2. Floating Rune Shows Up in Fortnite Here we go again! A floating rune just appeared in Fortnite near Paradise Palms. The metallic object has a massive health meter that all players can see. Every time the object takes enough damage, it moves a little bit. This will probably be a lot like Kevin, the famous purple cube, where we’re frantically chasing the rune around the map for the next few days or weeks as the buildup to Season 9 continues.
3. Epic Catches Hundreds of Cheaters in World Cup Qualifiers Last week was the first round of Fortnite World Cup Qualifiers and Epic Games has caught hundreds of players participating in unsavory behaviors. 206 players will forfeit their winners as a result of their actions. Some players went around region locks to participate in more qualifiers. Others were banned for account sharing. A small number of competitors were even caught teaming. The next round of World Cup Qualifiers takes place this weekend.
4. Overcooked 2’s Campfire Cook Off DLC is Live Overcooked 2 is awesome cooperative cooking game where you work with a friend or loved one to prepare meals until it eventually ruins your relationship. Super awesome! The game just got a new DLC called Campfire Cook Off that introduces new levels, new chefs, new recipes, and more. The base game is also 30% off this weekend!
5. Apex Legends’ Gibraltar is Currently Bugged Apex Legends patch 1.1.1 introduced a new passive perk to both Gibraltar and Caustic that makes them take 10% less damage. This was implemented to account for the larger size of these two Legends, which makes them easy targets. Unfortunately for Gibraltar fans, there is actually a bug currently where he seems to take a bit of damage to his health when shot even if he still has shields. You can see the bug in action in the article right here.