The Daily Moot (4/18/19)News Picks
1. Fortnite: World Cup Creative Announced
Epic Games has just announced another event to the Fortnite World Cup. The Fortnite World Cup Creative will run from April 29th to June 7th. The World Cup Creative will feature five different creative maps made by community creators. 15 participants will be selected to compete in the final Creative competition at the Fortnite World Cup Finals.
2. Mortal Kombat 11 Launch Trailer Warner Bros. and NetherRealm Studios just released an awesome launch trailer for Mortal Kombat 11, which comes out next week. The launch trailer features the iconic music that has defined the Mortal Kombat series for over 20 years. In the trailer, we see Kronika, the Keeper of Time, attempt to rewind time to reset history. Players will need to battle as fighters from different eras to restore balance to the world. Mortal Kombat 11 releases on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC on April 23rd.
3. Halo: The Master Chief Collection Beta Tests may be Delayed Halo: The Master Chief Collection is coming to PC some time this year. When the news was announced last month, it was also revealed that PC beta tests COULD start as early as this month. Now, we’ve gotten the word that we may have to wait a bit longer than expected before we can start testing Halo on PC. Much of the difficulty apparently comes from porting Halo Reach to PC, as Reach was not in the original Master Chief Collection.
4. Sea of Thieves Playtesters Broke the Harpoon Mechanic Sea of Thieves players are patiently waiting for a large update coming out on April 30th to celebrate the game’s anniversary. The update is set to bring a new campaign, new activities like fishing and cooking, and a new PvP mode called Arena. Additionally, it will introduce harpoons which can be used to help maneuver your ship. The Sea of Thieves team released a hilarious behind the scenes video this morning that shows playtesters getting up to wacky hijinks with the harpoon, including using it to ‘climb’ mountains with their boat.
5. ‘Steel Division 2’ Delayed Until June Steel Division 2 is a sequel to the Real Time Strategy game Steel Division: Normandy 44. The sequel, which is also set during World War 2, has been delayed until June 20th. There will still be beta tests between now and then for those who have pre-ordered the game. Apparently, it is being delayed so the developers can gather more feedback from players and implement relevant updates.
================== We just added a Frequently Asked Questions board in the Moot Lounge! Check it out: