The Daily Moot: E3 Edition! (6/12/18)
1. Nintendo E3 Conference 2018
Nintendo held their annual E3 conference today and it was just about everything Nintendo fans could have hoped for. The announcement of Super Mario Party, Fortnite’s arrival on the Switch, and Hollow Knight on the Switch were high points of the conference, but the overall reveal of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate definitely stole the show! Nintendo revealed that every character from every Smash game will be included in the newest addition to the franchise. The game also includes new fighting mechanics, enhanced graphics, and the ability to play with a GameCube controller! Super Smash Bros. Ultimate so far seems like a major success and will be available for purchase on December 7th of this year. Check out the article from Kotaku to see everything included in Nintendo’s E3 conference!
2. Marvel’s Spider-Man Gets Another Wicked Trailer at E3 A new Marvel’s Spider-Man gameplay demo shown at E3 has revealed more information about the game, which is set to release for PlayStation 4 on September 7th.. This recent video showed iconic villains Electro, Rhino, Scorpion, and Vulture. After chasing Electro for a while, Spider-Man faces off against the group of villains plus Mr. Negative. The trailer ends by teasing a mysterious sixth villain who seems to be leading the others. Check out the gameplay demo in the article linked below.
3. CD Projekt Red Reveals Cyberpunk 2077 Details at E3 A couple days ago, we got to see an amazing trailer for Cyperpunk 2077. Yesterday, more details about the game were revealed through a live demonstration at the convention. From the live demo, we have learned several things about how the new game will look. In a big change from CD Projekt Red’s last hit game, The Witcher 3, Cyperpunk 2077 will be a first-person RPG. You’ll be able to drive cars, as shown in the trailer, and even shoot out the window while driving. Read the attached article for the lengthy list of features revealed during the game demo.
4. First Last of Us 2 Gameplay Trailer Blows Everyone Away Sony showed a new trailer for The Last of Us 2, this time including actual gameplay, and it was exciting to say the least. The trailer showed Ellie as a playable character. We watch as she sneaks and fights her way through a group of enemies, using the environment to her advantage. The movement and melee combat look at fluid as they did in the original game. Without spoiling too much, let us just say that you really should watch the gameplay trailer. The video is in the link below as always.
5. Ghost of Tsushima is an Epic Samurai Game Coming to PS4 At E3 this week we got to see an awesome gameplay trailer for a new game coming to PlayStation 4 called Ghost of Tsushima. The game is set in Feudal Japan and you play as a samurai warrior named Jin. The trailer shows intense combat where strategy and timing are of paramount importance. It also shows, though, moments where stealth is the better option. Ghost of Tsushima is an open world game with no release date announced yet.
6. Dying Light 2 Revealed at E3 The original Dying Light was a delightful mix of fighting zombies and parkour. The sequel, which was officially announced during Xbox’s E3 conference earlier this week, looks to be more of the same. The new twist, though, is the idea that your game experience will change based on your decisions. This means each player’s experience should be different and unique as they play through the campaign. We don’t know when Dying Light 2 will come out, but we know it will release for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC.
================================== Also, some of our moderators are hosting Rocket League tournaments on all platforms to celebrate the World Cup! Check out the link below for details on how to sign up. Good luck!