The Daily Moot (4/11/19)News Picks
1. Battlefield 5 Firestorm gets Duos Mode
Firestorm, the battle royale mode for Battlefield 5, originally launched with only 4 player squads and solos. Now, at least for this weekend, you can play duos. EA has said they personally love the game mode and want to bring it to the game, but they want to hear from the community before permanently adding it. In your battle royale experience from Firestorm or other games, have you enjoyed duos mode?
2. Apex Legends Glitch Makes Gibralter Temporarily Popular Some Apex Legends players have discovered an interesting glitch with Gibralter that makes him temporarily not useless. Gibralter has a Gun Shield when he aims down sights and the game recognizes this as a flat surface for other legends’ abilities. Specifically, you can stick Caustic Gas Traps or Octane’s Jump Pads to the Gun Shield. This means Gibralter can walk around with a Gas Lightsaber to swing at people or permanently bounce around on a Jump Pad. Kind of neat.
3. Thanos Limited Time Mode may Return to Fortnite Last year, there was a Fortnite Limited Time Mode that let players equip the Infinity Gauntlet to become Thanos. Dataminers have uncovered a few lines of text in the latest patch that suggests Thanos may be making a return to Fortnite. The timing on this makes sense, as Avengers: Endgame releases at the end of this month. Did you enjoy the Thanos Limited Time Mode when it was last available?
4. The Division 2 is getting a Public Test Server Public test servers are dope for both game companies and gamers. Public test servers enable a game’s more dedicated fans to test new updates before they come to the live game. Ubisoft just announced they will be launching a Public Test Server for The Division 2 ahead of the game’s next big update. The Division 2 players on PC will be able to use their existing characters on the PTS so they can test without starting over. Note the PTS will NOT include the raid coming to the game soon, so have no fear of spoilers.
5. Octopath Traveler is Coming to PC Octopath Traveler is a JRPG from Square Enix that initially launched exclusively on the Nintendo Switch. Well, the game’s platform exclusivity seems to be coming to an end as a non-deleted blog post on the Square Enix website announced it will soon be available on PC. Apparently, Octopath Traveler will be available on both Steam and the Square Enix Store. A release date is unknown as of yet.