Team Moot Team Moot verified Admin
Apr 10, 2019, 04:08 AM 4,061 read

The Daily Moot (4/9/19)

1. ‘Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order’ Teaser

Moot: News Picks - The Daily Moot (4/9/19) image 2

EA and Respawn Entertainment are set to unveil a new Star Wars action-adventure game this Saturday at the Star Wars Celebration convention. The reveal will also be livestreamed on EA’s Star Wars Twitch channel. A teaser posted on Twitter today includes the phrase “Don’t stand out” which suggests the main character in Fallen Order may need to keep their Jedi abilities a secret. We can except a late 2019 release for Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order.

2. New Red Dead Online Showdown Mode ‘Plunder’   Rockstar continues to add content to Red Dead Online in the form of Showdown game modes. A new mode called Plunder sets two teams against one another in a battle for frontier resources. Both teams fight to capture supplies from a central location and bring those supplies back to their base. You can also just steal supplies from the enemy base. Be careful though, as you’ll be visible to everyone when holding supplies.

3. Destiny 2 Patch Increases Drop Rates, Buffs Arc Subclasses   Destiny 2’s new patch 2.2.1 came out this morning. After the patch, drop rates for both Gambit Prime weapons and Dreaming City cosmetics have increased significantly. Bungie is also updating older Arc variants for each class. Finally, there are new Catalysts available to improve your old Exotic weapons. You can read all the Arc changes and the rest of the patch notes using the link below.

4. Hearthstone: Rise of Shadows is now Live   The new Hearthstone expansion Rise of Shadows is finally upon us. The new expansion focuses on the return of some of the game’s most famous villains as a part of The League of E.V.I.L. This also marks the annual set rotation that removes old cards from the Standard Mode. Cards from Journey to Un’Goro, Knights of the Frozen Throne, and Kobolds and Catacombs are no longer playable except in Wild Mode.

5. Fallout 76 Patch Introduces Sheepsquatch and New Dungeon   A new patch came to Fallout 76 today, bringing new content for players to experience. There is a new questline called Lying Lowe that tasks players with hunting down the Sheepsquatch, a West Virginia legend. Find one of the ‘Sheepsquatch Ate My Brother’ posters in Lewisburg to start the quest. There is also a new high-level dungeon called The Burrows which will be available on April 16th.

Comment 36

• Cryosphere LV.22 Insomniac Apr 10, 2019, 05:50 AM

I'll be never get my hopes up for a Star Wars game again while EA has anything to do with it.

• The_ABC_b0Mb3R LV.4 Big Chungus Apr 10, 2019, 09:27 AM

Not after star wars 1313🙃

• EDubGames LV.7 Nomad Apr 10, 2019, 12:29 PM

Shoot some have been pretty damned good if not great. The 2 Force Unleashed games were pretty damned good & you can NEVER go wrong playing Battlefront

• Cryosphere LV.22 Insomniac Apr 10, 2019, 12:39 PM

...EA went wrong with Battlefront.

• EDubGames LV.7 Nomad Apr 10, 2019, 12:41 PM

That's your opinion. I thought it was fun as hell & had so much fun playing with my brothers

• EDubGames LV.7 Nomad Apr 10, 2019, 12:41 PM

Why?

• EDubGames LV.7 Nomad Apr 10, 2019, 12:45 PM

Sounds like your a hater. I thought for what the game was it was pretty damned good actually. It was an ambitious game that didn't miss the mark by that much. Was it perfect, no of course not

• Cryosphere LV.22 Insomniac Apr 10, 2019, 01:04 PM

Well, I was writing a concise and thought out reply to your first question. But since you've already disregarded me as a "hater", I think I'll leave my opinions unsaid.

• EDubGames LV.7 Nomad Apr 10, 2019, 01:12 PM

Oh man I was just playin, It's all good. You're entitled to your opinion. I guess with games & movies these days I don't get to hyped. I know it sounds arbitrary & simple, but I'm dead ass. If you go into a game or movie or even a TV show expecting average (I mean most things are only gonna be average right) That's why it's just average...lol. But seriously if you expect average & just look for the good things (especially what parts of a game are fun) then you'll be pleasantly surprised more often then not. Well I have been a lot happier & less stressed. It's pretty cool

• EDubGames LV.7 Nomad Apr 10, 2019, 01:15 PM

EDubGames  For me looking at content this way makes me only hate things that are truly bad & I just don't think Battlefront was awful

• Cryosphere LV.22 Insomniac Apr 10, 2019, 01:29 PM

EDubGames  That's pretty optimistic of you. Part of me feels the same way, and lets mediocrity go with mindless entertainment like blockbuster movies. But part of me would rather be perpetually disappointed than accept mass-produced half-assism staying the norm.

• EDubGames LV.7 Nomad Apr 10, 2019, 02:12 PM

Cryosphere  Mindless entertainment...again I see what yu mean & I try not to over consume stuff like that but I honestly think there's fun to be had in most things. Plus there are a lot of people who aren't super rich in Hollywood that depend on mindless entertainment to pay the bills. People always bitch & complain about the higher ups who copy & paste movies, or remakes so they don't have to come up with a completely fresh & new idea. For every studio exec lining his pockets from mindless entertainment there are 100's of employees who are just getting by like the rest of us

• Jade Nyenhuis LV.5 Lurker Apr 10, 2019, 07:47 PM

Battlefront was ok.

• The dingus LV.4 Lurker Apr 10, 2019, 06:50 AM

• Nerd verified LV.28 Nightmare Apr 10, 2019, 07:51 AM

Star War Pay2Win Awakens

• Chodeoni LV.1 Mootie Apr 10, 2019, 09:39 AM

People still not trusting EA should remember they’ve definitely learned their lesson considering Battlefront II was hugely reworked and now has no in game purchases except for cosmetics. The game also had huge reworks with progression making it much easier to unlock new characters. In addition to this new modes have been added and fixed. The game at launch already had one of the best dynamic soundtracks of all time but it was so overshadowed by the loot box disaster.

TL:DR - EA fixed Battlefront II you should trust the company again. If you like Star Wars you probably won’t be disappointed.

• Kevin (JahRocker) LV.3 Lurker Apr 10, 2019, 11:14 AM

You're not missing out on anything if you wait for the game to come out and see how it is before buying it.

• Bulbasaur green LV.7 Nomad Apr 10, 2019, 07:14 AM

Are you serious?

• Nøkk LV.20 Try Hard Apr 10, 2019, 09:04 AM

Oh no

• FutureLeaf^^ verified LV.29 Made in America Apr 10, 2019, 09:23 AM

Honestly, I LOVED galaxy of heroes! Hyped for this game, and maybe it’ll hint at the Star Wars 9 👀

• Jade Nyenhuis LV.5 Lurker Apr 10, 2019, 07:47 PM

Hint hint

• elunatica LV.2 Lurker Apr 10, 2019, 09:35 AM

😍

• vrginllama LV.3 Lurker Apr 10, 2019, 09:47 AM

Yes EA has had it's blunders by come on! Respawn Entertainment and Star Wars? Hell yeah! It's no Star Wars 1313 but I'll make do with this.

• Jade Nyenhuis LV.5 Lurker Apr 10, 2019, 07:48 PM

Star wars rules!!!

• Tanner Nichols LV.2 Lurker Apr 10, 2019, 09:48 AM

• NO NAME verified Apr 10, 2019, 10:01 AM

No thanks I'm good

• EDubGames LV.7 Nomad Apr 10, 2019, 01:17 PM

That's crazy to me, your out no matter what? What if It's the greatest game ever? LOL

• NO NAME verified Apr 10, 2019, 01:21 PM

I rather play anthem

• EDubGames LV.7 Nomad Apr 10, 2019, 02:13 PM

How do you know though

• EDubGames LV.7 Nomad Apr 10, 2019, 02:16 PM

Just curious & I'm sure you will like Anthem more but to be so closed minded to not even wait till the game comes out seems like a shitty way to live. What if I said the same about Anthem b4 it came out, I'd rather play Spider-Man

• EDubGames LV.7 Nomad Apr 10, 2019, 02:17 PM

Then I'd miss out on an awesome game like Anthem

• DaFudgeNugget06 verified LV.27 Let’s play R6! Apr 10, 2019, 08:30 PM

Is is gonna be another Battlefront 2????

• EDubGames LV.7 Nomad Apr 11, 2019, 11:29 AM

I don't think so, why wouldn't they just call it Battlefront 3. I mean, despite some fans hatred to it, the games were very successful & they would make enuff $ on the franchise namg alone

• {ɮίϛπϏΞΤ}j LV.21 Jumpmaster Apr 10, 2019, 09:19 PM

RESPAWN WTF!!?? WHERE IS TITANFALL 3??? I HAVE BEEN WAITING WAY TOO LONG FOR IT AND NOW YOU DO THIS??!!!
    NO

• Gshing LV.23 Titan Apr 11, 2019, 04:34 PM

Cool!

Home