ObliviousRex LV.36 RIP
Jan 24, 2018, 03:43 AM 464 read

Growing Moot - Where do we go next?

Questions & Suggestions

I really like this platform for community engagement and I’d love to see Moot grow exponentially bigger than the current state, both in content and active membership. So, I’m curious on brainstorming in the current community: what can we do outright to improve and grow the MOOT? Beyond that, what changes or expansions could be made to make Moot stand out? I’ll start off with a couple of ideas here: - Featured content for community partners? For instance, there’s a lot of content creators on YouTube that get their voices heard far and wide, much better than most of us could touch on our own in social media. Perhaps picking a specific content creator for each lounge, they could help promote Moot and we in partnership could promote their videos in the featured sections? Even pursuing interaction with developers directly could be beneficial. - Social media groundswell amongst active members here. Replying to developers on Twitter? Finish off with a Moot themed hashtag. Destiny2onMoot PUBGonMOOT ? Game updates or articles on Facebook? Link to Moot directly in the comments section. So, what do you think, fellow Moot-ers and Admins? Is there something we should pursue, or avoid? (Do we have or need a better community name? Mootites? Mooters? Moots? Moot mutineers... Mootineers? Hmm...)

Comment 6

• NO NAME verified Jan 24, 2018, 06:54 AM

Or maybe, as Moot have already done to the content creators, sponsored them in-order for them to be mentioned - that’s how I found Moot!

Also, think it is “Mooters” atm. Could get an upgrade though ;)

I’d like to see where Moot will go, and will be happy to join in with that journey!
    All steams ahead!

• ObliviousRex LV.36 RIP Jan 24, 2018, 08:16 AM

I’d only heard of Moot through the post on Band, so I have no idea what’s in the works, but I just want more Moot. Mootie moot moot.

• Just Nathan LV.37 Master Feb 3, 2021, 07:56 AM

Dam, this was 3 years ago... Time flies... I wish the people behind moot shard your vision and your love for this app...

• NO NAME verified Jan 25, 2018, 02:48 AM

Awesome post, thank you for writing this out!

- The featured content part is a great idea! We'd love to give people shoutouts on social media too (hint hint: follower our Twitter and @ us). If the mods of each lounge see a consistent poster and see that their content is valuable to the community, I'm sure that content will get featured.

- We're active on Twitter! As mentioned above, tag or @ us with your content and we'll check it out.

- We've experimented with "Mooters." Still figuring out what sounds best and the least awkward :)

• NO NAME verified Jan 24, 2018, 04:00 PM

I would love a more clear “home” button that brings me to my profile with a streamlined comments and posts section.

• NO NAME verified Jan 24, 2018, 04:01 PM

Never mind. Just figured out what I wanted already exists and it works pretty well lol

Home