ErikPlays43 LV.29 Happy 2020!
Nov 25, 2020, 06:17 AM 102 read

We have a bot problem. Admins response? Silent.

Questions & Suggestions

The web link feature is a helpful way for you to be able to access links outside or inside Moot. I can send you a link to this https://moot.us/lounges/5/ and you can see a preview of it here vvv

Pretty useful. Actually, I love it. I use it a lot. Look at my recent GTA post. I was sharing my content for this app.   We started having this user named Replicate (https://moot.us/users/1604896)around sending tin(y)url links that directed to the ip grabber 7(r)6 (for monetizable vaule) to a steam link (which he claims is his). Immediately I contacted mods about this and they could not remove all the comments. Just a ban. That ban then created more accounts roaming.   I took to sending a message to Dylan to cut this web preview feature off. Now. Not later, now. Because there will still be bots as of now. I told him. And.. What? Nothing. Yes, nothing.   https://moot.us/users/1621776/ https://moot.us/users/1622006/ https://moot.us/users/1622665/ https://moot.us/users/1622811 https://moot.us/users/1622813/   And if you look, one of these users are following Replicate. Convient. I looked up the 7(r)6 and all the links go to one person. One account. I don't know anything else.   This problem is located in all lounges, except Off Topic.   Examples:   Agony - https://moot.us/lounges/55/boards/84/posts/5017161/kick-the-buddy-game Need for Speed - https://moot.us/lounges/255/boards/1210/posts/5016961/car-stunts-game Among Us - https://moot.us/lounges/379/boards/1784/posts/5013245/the-best-horror-game   etc i dont feel like going over.   Replicate currently has 250 comments from lounges like DOTA, Moot (which you guys 100% gave up one), Destiny, Rust, and other lounges where mods are silent. We need another Global Mod to kind of even that out. 85 followers. He/she is still not gone.   Global Mods should have the ablity to remove stuff from gaming accounts and bios. Global Mods should have the ablity to delete all comments from a user. Global Mods should have the ablity to change the PFP if its against TOS. Admins should be able to answer direct messages when its urgent. Admins should have Online Status on always. There should be one Moot account that handles all admin direct messages. How is a regular person know who to contact? A mod, because he/she can't do everything in the book. Then the mod would move the person to someone else. Its like customer service, and I would hang up.   Mods, Global Mods, and Admins should have a feed of reports from the lounges they moderate to make the report fuction useful - if thats not a thing already.   Mods shouldn't have to look towards the dms for a report. Because no one is going to do that every time. I'm not going to do that everytime. I try to dm a mod (ArcticBravo normally) once a week for a bad post. Anything else I'm silent. I will wait until it gets popular and it goes away on its own. The report is just so shitty.   Spam: Spam needs to bounce. If there are no word in the English wordbook it shouldn't be a post. Example : https://moot.us/users/1622862/ comments and posts make no sense.   Asking for relationship status should be deleted. Example: https://moot.us/lounges/8/boards/1387/posts/3856842/are-you-single   Content Creators: We should be able to opt out of Recommendations from Team Moot. I don't care about Off Topic posts.   Giveaways: We should have the add of the regular giveaways, insert tickets and wait a couple days to see if you win. Not instantly. Thats like gambling, and I would like to only spend a couple tickets here and there, not 15 everytime.   Remove any ip grabbing keyword links. These you can monetize ip links for money. You can make around $1 per 30 views. But using the link preview system means the ips are being grabbed with or without your permission.   -- How much are you going to bet this is going to get down? 200 moot coins anyone?

Comment 34

• Cow Boy Billy LV.30 Billy Nov 25, 2020, 06:21 AM

I can bet Dylan didnt respond because they are working on the next update. Apparently working on an update requires all the admins which is bullcrap

• ErikPlays43 LV.29 Happy 2020! Nov 25, 2020, 07:22 AM

you aint wrong

• Opal_Fox Gaming LV.30 Legend Nov 27, 2020, 06:08 AM

They’re too busy working on the update to also see this comment and how we feel about what’s going on

• ArcticBravo verified LV.28 Elite Four Nov 27, 2020, 08:15 AM

You can send me more offending posts if you feel like it breaks the rules; that's what I'm here for. I'll always get to them eventually, I check Moot periodically throughout the day when I have time.

As for removing bios and pfps, that is something all mods have access to on mobile but not PC; which is the platform I'd like to see this feature come to. Deleting all comments with one button is something cool that I'd like to see too.

• pedrato98 LV.14 Genius Nov 29, 2020, 10:16 PM

we need to be very careful.

• NO NAME verified Nov 25, 2020, 06:21 AM

You speak the truth here. i hope things do Get fixed.

• Privatebutter65 verified LV.32 Dub Collector Nov 25, 2020, 06:27 AM

The problem with having a global mod is that they would have to dedicate ridiculous amounts of time to this app. That’s why there’s mods for lounges, and multiple of them, because a few mods can’t deal with the entire app.

• ErikPlays43 LV.29 Happy 2020! Nov 25, 2020, 06:33 AM

Thats why I suggested this: 'Mods, Global Mods, and Admins should have a feed of reports from the lounges they moderate to make the report fuction useful - if thats not a thing already." because exactly that. Global Mods have lots of lounges to look at, and if they have a simple feed, not a red "!" it would be much easier for them.

• Privatebutter65 verified LV.32 Dub Collector Nov 25, 2020, 06:34 AM

Wait that isn’t already a feature? Kinda weird ngl

• ErikPlays43 LV.29 Happy 2020! Nov 25, 2020, 06:35 AM

if it was, we would have a use for the report button. but we dont. I could press report on this post and it wouldn't be noticed until an admin finds the post and notices the "!"

• Privatebutter65 verified LV.32 Dub Collector Nov 25, 2020, 06:41 AM

Well most likely if the admin is following a good few people they prob won’t see the post

• ObliviousRex verified LV.36 Dream Chaser Nov 25, 2020, 07:09 AM

I believe Admin does have access to a flow of reported posts, but I’m not sure how intuitive that system is.

• ErikPlays43 LV.29 Happy 2020! Nov 25, 2020, 07:12 AM

if mods don't have the access to that, its useless. if it is not intutive, fix it. thats one of my main points of this post - mods need better, more efficient, and faster ways to mod. it shouldn't feel like a job. mods need it better.

• ObliviousRex verified LV.36 Dream Chaser Nov 25, 2020, 07:21 AM

ErikPlays43  We do know, and Admin knows too. Believe me, they’re often frustrated too. It’s just not as simple as requesting for devs to make a change, as even simple changes can take a very long time to implement. It’s all a balancing act, working on new features as they also move to adjust what Mods and Admin are capable of.

• ErikPlays43 LV.29 Happy 2020! Nov 25, 2020, 08:11 AM

ObliviousRex  Okay, so why were we not aware of this? Why did we have to learn upon ourselves that we have a problem here? And that there links are ip grabbers?

Team Moot, Mods, Nobody has made a post or announcement saying we have a problem. No one. No one said that we should be using Virtual Private Networks when possible because the site is not as secure as it can be? Its not like Team Moot is sitting in a corner - they are still making posts. Why isn't Replicate, who we know is bad, not permabanned?

thanks for responding to my messages. I appreciate that.

• ObliviousRex verified LV.36 Dream Chaser Nov 25, 2020, 09:13 AM

ErikPlays43  We’ve posted about various problematic and phishing types of links in the past, but they’ve been a constant problem for a very long time. I do think we could do a better job at keeping everyone informed, but Mods are largely busy interacting and moderating. I can’t speak to the activity of Admins or devs because that’s not information I’m aware of. Regardless, we are all just people doing what we can.

And Replicate has been banned for a while now as far as I can tell, but like any problematic user... we have to know and we have to be able to act on it, and that’s not always easy. I can’t even explain the large number of glitches we’ve run into.

• ObliviousRex verified LV.36 Dream Chaser Nov 25, 2020, 06:43 AM

There’s only a few global mods, and as one myself I generally spend an hour per day nuking content. The more complicated, the longer it takes.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Privatebutter65 verified LV.32 Dub Collector Nov 25, 2020, 06:43 AM

An hour going through basically every board?

• ObliviousRex verified LV.36 Dream Chaser Nov 25, 2020, 07:07 AM

No, not a detailed approach to everything, as going all-out would take many hours — even on a good day. The basic hour I start with is only in hunting very specific types of inappropriate content. Beyond that it depends what I’m sent by users and what I can find on my own. Comparing it to a job, I could probably work a solid 40-hour work week here and still not catch everything. There’s so many lounges with constant movement that Mods have to work overtime to keep up. And that’s with consideration that all Mods are just here to help as much as we can and are able to, when it fits into our lives. We only do it for the sake of Moot, and I can certainly say that many of us enjoy helping out.

• Privatebutter65 verified LV.32 Dub Collector Nov 25, 2020, 07:09 AM

Wow i’m glad that we get to see what it’s like being a mod. Just from this one paragraph maybe people can start to realise that not all posts can be seen? Idk

• ObliviousRex verified LV.36 Dream Chaser Nov 25, 2020, 07:16 AM

I don’t know if the same can be said for Admin, as I do know they have different access when compared to Mods, but all Mods essentially work from the same version of Moot that any other user does. The only thing that changes is what we can do on Moot.

• DO NOT CONTACT LV.24 PlayStation Nov 25, 2020, 06:28 AM

Rexy to the rescue :D

• ErikPlays43 LV.29 Happy 2020! Nov 25, 2020, 06:32 AM

I'm not looking for a mods response. I'm looking for an Admins response. I expected a mod to answer, lots of them follow me.

• ObliviousRex verified LV.36 Dream Chaser Nov 25, 2020, 06:45 AM

For what it’s worth, I did pass the post up to Admin right after I commented.

• pedrato98 LV.14 Genius Dec 1, 2020, 05:03 PM

wait for next update.

• ObliviousRex verified LV.36 Dream Chaser Nov 25, 2020, 06:22 AM

Hate to tell you, but both Admin and Mods are well aware of the spam links in posts and comments. It’s a huge issue we’ve been dealing with for a while, but some of the usual systems to combat them haven’t been working properly — so it’s largely Mods doing manual deletions and Admin issuing permabans when available. There’s no quick solution at the moment, just lots of hard work.

• ErikPlays43 LV.29 Happy 2020! Nov 25, 2020, 06:29 AM

Alright how about this as an idea. Admins post under the Team Moot name a post about this situation. Explain how any of these bot posts as of now any of these links will result in a ban. Anything thats not direct will be a ban. (Direct: twitch.tv/erikplays43 Non-direct: fortnitesite.club/erikstream) Then do it. If it happens again then make it longer. Three strikes and your out. Make this for new users especially. In that time, have people on Moot have a person (one) to report the link to, mods or admins find the ban the person and do so until the problem is solved. If that doesn't work, remove any keywords that might redirect someone. Also, previewing has to go right now. Its not worth it right now.

• DaPi LV.32 Happy 2020! Nov 25, 2020, 06:33 AM

So what happens if a highly respected user gets their account compromised and the hacker then uses that account to send these IP grabbers out?

• ErikPlays43 LV.29 Happy 2020! Nov 25, 2020, 07:21 AM

🤷‍♂️

• ObliviousRex verified LV.36 Dream Chaser Nov 25, 2020, 07:25 AM

Best bet? Bans and content deletion until account control can be regained.

• Opal_Fox Gaming LV.30 Legend Nov 27, 2020, 06:08 AM

I still don’t understand how spam is only allowed in the Off Topic lounge, it shouldn’t be allowed in all of them.

• ErikPlays43 LV.29 Happy 2020! Nov 27, 2020, 07:14 AM

Spam isn't allowed anywhere, but in Off Topic it's much more regulated.

• Opal_Fox Gaming LV.30 Legend Nov 27, 2020, 03:37 PM

ah okay thank you

• Raresthornet96 LV.20 Best Squadmate Dec 1, 2020, 03:42 PM

Gave you a tip, you deserve it. Replicate has commented on a few posts in the star wars lounge and I'm a pretty regular poster there, I've been replying to as many of his comments in that lounge as I can warning people against clicking those links. you're doing a service to the whole of moot by bringing attention to this, fir that you have my thanks

Home