ZeriusHighGamer LV.21 Dream Chaser
Sep 18, 2020, 06:39 AM 32 read

Post 3: Pathos, Logos and Ethos

Questions & Suggestions

Among all sources there are at least three key factors being played at all corners. Whether it's for a small detail on a dog, or for a small situation such as a party, there are three key factors in play among them all: Pathos, Logos and Ethos. Now, let me explain what these three elements are and why they are set in stone the second you write an article, story or anything. Pathos is an emotional term used to describe writings such as the tweets from people who (I have to use these examples) claim they want to be hung or that they are depressed. Straight from the get go you can see they are placing pathos in their post. Logos, everywhere with statistics such as "50% off" or "[Random Number] people do [Action]" are classed as logos. Sometimes people will use logic, which by all means is true. Well, you can 'logically' figure that out. An example of logos can also be the statistics in a video game. Your stats are numerical evidence that can be seen if you choose to share it. Ethos is a hard one to describe as you never can 100% rely on one person. The said person can be using you for their own malicious purposes. Of course, this is why Ethos comes into play as one of the three key factors. In articles you must know who wrote the story otherwise it's an unreliable source and cannot be credible. Even if you know WHO the person is, you need to know if they can be trusted enough to believe their stories. Now that you have reached this point, you all need to understand that the posts you create will inevitably have all three factors in play. Maybe it's hidden, but one of all of them are there. In addition to the previous examples, there are more to know about. Posters, propaganda, advertisements, photos, videos, etc. Anyway, I will continue writing these posts as they help me be at ease and allows me to share information with everyone.

Moot: Questions & Suggestions - Post 3: Pathos, Logos and Ethos image 2

Comment 4

• SuperSumo LV.19 Clearly Hacking Sep 19, 2020, 04:22 AM

ethos was kinda confusing is there any better way to explain it?

• ZeriusHighGamer LV.21 Dream Chaser Sep 19, 2020, 07:17 AM

For example, if you completed your degree in a science subject and then posted something about maths instead, you'd be like a somewhat credible source as you graduated from somewhere. But, you're not very credible because your degree is in science and not maths.

• SuperSumo LV.19 Clearly Hacking Sep 19, 2020, 07:22 AM

ohh thanks that kind of clears things up, would that be like a flat earther saying that you shouldn't vaccinate your kid after graduating high school?

• ZeriusHighGamer LV.21 Dream Chaser Sep 19, 2020, 10:01 AM

Essentially that's the case. A flat earther is a person of belief who tries to educate people about the planet but when he or she tries to imply that people shouldn't vaccinate children after high school makes that person a scum bag and a non-credible source.

Home