MrWallManMain verified LV.31 Legend
Aug 13, 2020, 07:47 AM 55 read

Moot Aesthetic Guide #1 - Links and Promotions

Questions & Suggestions

Moot: Questions & Suggestions - Moot Aesthetic Guide #1 - Links and Promotions image 2

HOW TO MAKE POSTS WITH LINKS LOOK BETTER Hey everyone, for today I thought I‘d share some ideas and tips on how to make your posts look better. The first topic will be all about posts with links! STEP 1 When you found a link you wanna share, your post draft will most likely look like this:

Moot: Questions & Suggestions - Moot Aesthetic Guide #1 - Links and Promotions image 4

Make sure you find an interesting or fitting title and you‘re already done with step 1. STEP 2 Of course you could already hit 'Done' and share your content, but the result would look very bare and unappealing. Let‘s change that! What you wanna do is hit Enter/Return, wait ~5 seconds and hit Enter/Return again. You‘ll notice your post will now look like this:

Moot: Questions & Suggestions - Moot Aesthetic Guide #1 - Links and Promotions image 6

STEP 3 So what you basically did was you allowed the link to embed. You can do this with any link out there and as a result viewers can see a preview of the page the link leads to. For youtube videos the embeded version allows viewer to watch the video without actually having to press the link and load into youtube! As a next step you can go ahead and remove the URL (the https link) as it is no longer needed:

Moot: Questions & Suggestions - Moot Aesthetic Guide #1 - Links and Promotions image 8

And that‘s basically it! You can try it out an see for yourself. The result will look a lot more tidied and clean!

Moot: Questions & Suggestions - Moot Aesthetic Guide #1 - Links and Promotions image 26

However before we end this I‘d still like to point out a thing! HOW NOT TO DO IT: The one thing not to do is be lazy and paste the link into the heading.

Moot: Questions & Suggestions - Moot Aesthetic Guide #1 - Links and Promotions image 10

The link won‘t embed and can‘t even be clicked on! So the entire post is useless!

Moot: Questions & Suggestions - Moot Aesthetic Guide #1 - Links and Promotions image 12

And that‘s about the wrap for this post! Bear with me if you‘d like to see more aesthetic guides, for example for LFGs and Posts in general! Until then, happy mooting!

Comment 10

• Mirage Of Your Mind LV.27 Bandit Aug 13, 2020, 07:48 AM

thanks for the tutorial man I really appreciate it

You should make more even 1+ year veterans like me are still learning new things

• MrWallManMain verified LV.31 Legend Aug 13, 2020, 07:51 AM

Thank you!
    Always happy to help!

• ObliviousRex verified LV.36 Assassin Aug 13, 2020, 09:14 AM

• This review has been deleted.

• MrWallManMain verified LV.31 Legend Aug 13, 2020, 09:24 AM

• Vehrstahl verified LV.28 Big Chungus Aug 13, 2020, 12:33 PM

oh, i actually did not know you could delete the link after it embeds

im so dumb

• MrWallManMain verified LV.31 Legend Aug 13, 2020, 10:28 PM

• Vehrstahl verified LV.28 Big Chungus Aug 13, 2020, 10:47 PM

I guess your liver hates you then