Team Moot Team Moot verified Admin
Feb 13, 2020, 08:19 AM 1,250 read

Moot v2.26.0 Update!

Happy Update Day, Moot community! Our hope is that today’s update will improve your content viewing experience. Let’s get into it!   1) View all content in one place!   When we first launched Moot we had a simple goal in mind: create a place where gamers like us could connect and discuss. We developed the Lounge and Board system so our users could view specific types of content as they wanted.   Well, we’re going to try something different now.   We would like to introduce you to the “Posts” board. Now, all posts (except LFG posts!) will be combined into one Board called “Posts.” We hope this will make it easier than ever to view content.   Only want to see one type of content, like memes? No problem! Just tap the ‘memes’ tag toward the top of the screen and POOF all other content will vanish, leaving you with only the dankest of memes.   2) New post filters!   We’re introducing post filtering options that match the comment filtering options we introduced last week. You can now filter posts by “Hot,” “New,” or “Top.” While filtering by Top, you’ll have some options for time range as well.   And that’s all! We realize this is a massive change, which means we are hoping for some massive feedback from you lovely folks. How’d we do? Is this update awesome or is it the worst thing since stale bread? Let us know!

Moot: Notice - Moot v2.26.0 Update! image 2

Comment 30

• Just Nathan LV.30 Dragon Feb 13, 2020, 08:28 AM

I guess it's time to update this app...

• Da Big SixFour ΞΔ´ verified LV.32 Mythic Feb 13, 2020, 09:12 AM

I don’t understand.

So basically it’s like going to a Board but just without ... going to a Board ? How are these post being filtered ? If it just by whatever Board it’s posted on then this is pointless as people rarely use the right Board , you’re still going to see posts that aren’t what you’re looking for.

I feel we either need to have new users go through a quick education course on how Moot works or a discipline system is introduced.

If you go through the Battle Royale Lounge and see the madness over there you’ll see what I mean.

• Zakk verified Admin Feb 13, 2020, 10:39 AM

Thank you. In fact, /xxx series are former board exactly and users still can specify board. But I understand your concerns and we gonna prepare second steps.

• ↠Rose↞ LV.24 Bamboozled Feb 13, 2020, 09:19 AM

I'll be honest, i don't like how this is all laid out.

As someone who posts all the time, my new posts wont always be "Hot" so whenever someone goes to a board, it's likely my post will never be seen by new people unless they specifically press the "New" filter which is kinda unlikely for alot of people. "New" should atleast be the default when going to a board in a lounge, in my opinion.

I think the "Posts" addition is cool but i think i still like "Featured" more. Please change it back 😅

Sorry about my poor explanation, i'm tired. I hope it's still understood.

• Zakk verified Admin Feb 13, 2020, 10:47 AM

About Hot, New and default options, yeah every new posts may have weakness. So some lounges may have New default.

We think Mooters unfamiliar with clicking sorting options and we wanna show Hot things first. So this is the result of these thoughts. In fact, switching between "Featured" and "General" is same with switching between "Hot" and "New" :-)

• MinotaurGaming LV.18 Dub Collector Feb 13, 2020, 01:16 PM

it's kind of like reddit tho and on there surprisingly a lot of people search on new

• ㄒ乇卂ㄥ LV.25 Dream Chaser Feb 13, 2020, 08:20 AM

Nice

• gloomytimes LV.16 I'm a Bot Feb 13, 2020, 09:04 AM

epic

• xflamegirlx^!$% verified LV.25 Midnight Kiss Feb 13, 2020, 09:35 AM

Oh no honestly I hate the one lounge thing

• Green verified LV.29 Xbox Feb 13, 2020, 09:35 AM

Still wondering why half of the games on this app are still here when there’s no activity with them. We don’t need 120 lounges when about 10 are fully active.

• Zakk verified Admin Feb 13, 2020, 10:49 AM

Right, but some users still wants. Any thoughts for boosting inactive lounges? We can support many things :-)

• Green verified LV.29 Xbox Feb 13, 2020, 11:21 AM

Many lounges haven’t had a post in like 3 months. And the posts are just random promotions that the mods don’t do anything about

• Zakk verified Admin Feb 13, 2020, 02:06 PM

Yes and will prepare more plans for those.

• ErikPlays43 LV.25 Be my Mootentine ❤️ Feb 13, 2020, 12:15 PM

I dont know if I want to update the app then. There is gonna be a board for viewing posts? That's why you go to the board to see those kind of posts, right? All this is confusing me. Makes no sense to me.
    (edit: that basically means I have to go to one board. If that's the case, idk if I like it.

• Adamu LV.14 Champion Feb 13, 2020, 09:09 AM

epico

• Starvaz LV.7 I Love Food Feb 13, 2020, 09:09 AM

I can live with that:)

• Flylittleraven LV.19 Sage Feb 13, 2020, 09:10 AM

Follow me guys !☮️

• XSamurai LV.22 BR Mania Feb 13, 2020, 09:13 AM

can you add gifting

• Chickin LV.12 Big Chungus Feb 13, 2020, 09:20 AM

very useful update!

• Skullkidfan verified LV.31 BR Mania Feb 13, 2020, 09:22 AM

WHERE GIFTING

• Light__Mind LV.5 Lurker Feb 13, 2020, 09:25 AM

Good stuff keep doing updates like this and ill stick around and invite more freinds! And a little feed back more coins for doing things

• Zakk verified Admin Feb 13, 2020, 10:50 AM

Move move !!

Home