Become a Moot Moderator!
Hello everybody! We are actively recruiting moderators for the following lounges:
-League of Legends
-Call of Duty
-Moot Off Topic
If you would like to become a moderator please fill out the application below!
P.S. we are going to be hooking up our moderators with some awesome Moot swag!
New Lounge Arrival & About Moot Ranks
Hello moot friends! We hope you are enjoying the community that we are building together.
Due to very popular demand amongst the moot community, we have decided to open up an additional lounge! We are pleased to announce the grand opening of the Call of Duty lounge.
Head on over to the new lounge and post some sweet content so you can reach level 6 and be entered for our giveaway!"
You may have noticed moot has a rank and badge next to your name when you view your profile. That is to show the amount of activity you have engaged in on moot! Users are able to gain levels and rank up in many different ways. You can comment on an article, post a funny meme, upvote a video, and much more!
The different levels and medals that go along with your rank are as follows:
Lurker LVL 2-5
Nomad LVL 6-10
Chief LVL 11-15
LVL 16 & above:
We don't want to take the fun away from you. Keep talking on moot & find out yourself!
And don't forget!
When you reach level 6 you will automatically be entered to win some sweet prizes from our giveaway. Find out more information at below.
Thanks for being a part of the moot community! Make sure to keep your eyes peeled for exciting releases in the future; we may have some things up our sleeve you are REALLY going to enjoy.
New Lounges + XP Boost x3
Following the results of our "Next Lounge" post, we've listened to your feedback and opened three new lounges! Thank you for participating in the poll and giving us valuable feedback. We'll continue to improve this platform and grow Moot as a result of your suggestions.
Here are three lounges we've just opened!
League of Legends
And to help you enter into the "Moot Brings the Loot" event, we've tripled the amount of the "Moot Points" (heh) you receive until January 14th. Now is your time to vote, comment, and join the discussions! You can win a $5,000 worth of loot! For more info, visit:
On our next Notice, we'll talk about why we decided to call this platform 'Moot,' and reveal our leveling system. Stay tuned and keep talking about your favorite games on Moot!
Grow Moot together with us! Vote for a new lounge you want to see in the next update.
Tell us in the comment section below what game you voted for and why. We'll pick 10 lucky winners from those who commented to receive an exclusive moot original T-shirt!
Is the list missing your favorite game? Then simply leave a comment and we will add more options to the list!
Moot Brings the Loot 🎁
Win Xbox One X, PS4 Pro, and More!
Event Period: Dec. 15th, 2017 - Jan. 14th, 2018
For contest rules, please refer to a previous post.
Contest Rules for the "Moot Brings the Loot" Event.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND D.C., 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
By participating in Moot Brings the Loot on Moot (the “Contest”), each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Camp Mobile (“Moot”), which are final and binding in all respects. Moot is responsible for the collection and selection of entries and the Promotion’s overall administration. Entrants should look solely to Moot with any questions, comments or problems related to the Promotion.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C., who are 18 years of age or older. Employees of Moot and agents of Moot and its affiliated companies and employees’ immediate families (defined as parents, children, siblings and spouse and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in the same household, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win. Void in all U.S. territories and possessions and overseas military installations, jurisdictions outside the Eligible States and where prohibited or restricted by law.
2. TIMING: The Promotion begins DECEMBER 11TH, 2017 12:00 PM Pacific Daylight Time (“PDT”) and ends on January 14th, 2018 11:59 PM PDT (the “Contest Period”).
3. HOW TO ENTER: via Moot web & app service: To enter, you must have a valid Moot account. If you do not have a Moot account, visit Moot (https://www.moot.us) and follow the instructions to create an account, subject to terms determined by Moot. Moot is free, however, data rates may apply if accessing from your mobile device. To enter the Promotion, you must complete the following steps:
Step 1: Access Moot via web browser OR download the Moot mobile app
Step 2: Register & Log in to Moot service (web or mobile app)
Step 3: Post content, comment on submission, upvote/downvote posts, and interact on the platform in order to level up your account
Step 4: You will be automatically entered into the contest once you have reached level 6 on your account.
To be valid, you must reach level 6 by January 14th, 2018 at 11:59 PM PDT.
4. ENTRY CONDITIONS: Multiple entries are ineligible during the Promotion Period. Entries will be disqualified if the participants used fake identities. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address, phone number, or Facebook account. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, sweepstakes entry services) will void all entries by you. The authorized account holder of the email address, phone number, or Facebook account associated with the Moot account used to enter the Promotion is deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned to an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
5. PRIZE: 10 Grand Prize Winners will be selected and will receive one of the following prizes (the “Grand Prize”): one (1) Alienware AW15R3-7376SLV-PUS 15.6 Laptop or version of equivalent value, three (3) Xbox One X, three (3) PS4 Pro, and three (3) Nintendo Switch. Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize(s) total is $5000 USD. Please allow 1-2 weeks for prize delivery from the time a winner provides delivery information to Moot. The specifics of all aforementioned elements of the Grand Prize in the Contest shall be solely determined by Sponsor. All costs, taxes, fees, and expenses associated with any element of the Grand Prize not specifically addressed above are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner. All federal, state and local taxes on the Grand Prize are the Grand Prize Winner’s responsibility. We recommend that you consult with your tax advisor if you have further questions. Grand Prize cannot be transferred, substituted, or redeemed for cash except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Moot reserves the right to substitute the Grand Prize, or portions thereof, with a prize of equal or greater value, unless such substitution is prohibited by law. Moot may disqualify a winner and select an alternate winner if any prize is returned as undeliverable.
6. ODDS OF WINNING: The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
7. WINNER SELECTION: Up to ten (10) potential winning entrants will be selected by reviews of Moot employees on or about January 16th, 2018. Winner selection is based on the minimum level 6 entry requirement. Potential winning entrants will be contacted via Email. If a potential winning entrant is determined by Moot to be unqualified to participate in this Promotion or does not respond to Moot’s correspondence within 24 hours, the potential winning entrant will be disqualified and a new potential winning entrant will be selected by random drawing.
8. REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION: The potential winning entrant may be required to complete a Contest Prize Validation Agreement and Release (“Affidavit”) in accordance with the instructions listed in the notification correspondence. Any entrant who fails or refuses to sign and return the required documentation within the time period as specified by Moot will be disqualified. If a potential winning entrant is considered a minor in the legal jurisdiction in which the entrant resides, then that entrant’s parent or legal guardian may be required to execute and return the Affidavit. Non-compliance with these Official Rules or failure to return all required documentation by the stated deadline or Moot’s inability to contact an entrant (using the contact information provided in his or her registration) within a reasonable time period, as determined in Moot’s sole discretion may result in disqualification and the forfeiture of any prize.
9. PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion constitutes entrant’s consent to Moot’s and its agents’ right to use, publish and reproduce entrant’s name, city, state/province and country of residence, opinions, voice, photograph, likeness and image, including any video and other images and audio files obtained by Moot, and any other information submitted to Moot in connection with the Promotion, for the purposes of publicity, promotion and advertising, in any media and any distribution medium, including at Moot Conference, and create, use, publish and reproduce derivative works thereof (collectively, “Publicity Materials”) for the purpose of marketing and selling Moot, the Moot service, the compatibility of the Application and/or any related products or services on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media, in perpetuity, without further compensation. To the broadest possible extent, entrant waives any right entrant may have to inspect or approve the Publicity Materials, or the advertising or other copy that may be used in connection therewith or the use to which the Publicity Materials may be applied. Entrant grants to Moot all right, title and interest in any finished photographs, pictures, negatives, video, audio, recordings, reproductions and copies of the originals of any Publicity Materials, without any obligation for an accounting, payment or compensation, and further grant Moot the right to give, sell, transfer and exhibit the Publicity Materials in copies or facsimiles thereof, for advertising purposes, as it deems fit. Participants also allows Moot to track their activities for the purpose of selecting potential winners. The information that will be tracked by Moot are only number of contents including posts, comments, number of photos, and etc. Moot won't access to individual contents for any purposes.
10. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Potential winning entrants are subject to Moot’s verification. Moot’s decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Potential winners must comply with the Official Rules, and receipt of a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Moot is not responsible for technical, hardware or software failures, malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or unforeseen schedule changes that may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in the Promotion, even if caused by Moot’s negligence. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means or with the intent to impair the integrity of the Promotion will be void. Moot has the sole discretion to modify, cancel or suspend this Promotion should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Moot’s control affect the administration, security or proper conduct of the Promotion or Moot otherwise becomes incapable of running the Promotion as planned. Moot is not responsible for changes to entrant’s contact information. Any individual who attempts or otherwise encourages, directly or indirectly, the submission of false entries, as determined by Moot, will be disqualified. Moot has the sole discretion to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Moot has the sole discretion to disqualify entrants who violate these Official Rules, tamper with the operation of the Promotion or engage in any conduct that is deemed detrimental or unfair to Moot, the Promotion or any other entrant. Moot has no obligation to return any entry consideration, if applicable, submitted by a disqualified entrant.
11. RELEASE: As a condition of participating in the Promotion, entrants release Moot and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations, advertising and promotional agencies, and all of their officers, directors, shareholders, members, employees, and agents (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”) from liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including property damage, personal injury and death that may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in the Promotion, or possession, acceptance or use of any prize or participation in any Promotion-related activity and claims based on publicity rights, copyright or trademark infringement, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery.
12. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: The Promotion Entities are not responsible for: any incorrect or inaccurate entry information; human errors; technical malfunctions; lost, stolen, mutilated, mis-delivered, postage due, illegible, incomplete or untimely entries that may limit entrant’s ability to participate in the Promotion, even if caused by Moot’s negligence; failures, omissions, interruptions, deletions, or defects of any telephone network, computer online system, computer equipment, servers, providers, or software, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer relating to participation or inability to participate in the Promotion; inability to access the Site or upload information or data; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; data that is processed late or incorrectly or is incomplete or lost due to telephone, computer, or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on telephone lines or the Internet or any website (including the Site) or for any other reason whatsoever; printing or other errors; or any combination thereof. Proof of uploading information or data or entering information at the Site is not considered proof of delivery or receipt. Illegible, duplicate and incomplete entries will be disqualified. False, fraudulent, or deceptive entries or acts, as determined by Moot, render entrants ineligible and all associated entries will be void.
14. GOVERNING LAW: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of entrants or BAND in connection with this Promotion are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of any other state’s laws. Entrants hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the Federal and State Courts in San Mateo, California for the purposes of any suit related to the Promotion and waive any claim that they are not subject personally to the jurisdiction of said courts or that any such suit or other proceeding is brought in an inconvenient forum or improper venue.
15. WINNER LIST: To obtain a winner list by mail, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to Moot Sweepstakes, Attention: 575 High Street, Suite #110, Palo Alto, CA 94301. Moot will send requested winner lists within 4-6 weeks after all prizes are awarded. Requests for the winner list must be received by January 19th, 2017.
16. SPONSOR: Camp Mobile Inc, 575 High Street, Suite #110, Palo Alto, CA 94301