[SWSH] Recommended Pokemons for the story mode Vol. 3
Centiskorch, Fire-Bug type pokemon.
You can find Sizzlipede in Route 3, Motostoke Gym, and Max Raid Battles but mostly in Route 3. Sizzlipede will evolve into Centiskorch at Lv. 28.
Centiskorch learns Fire Lash, Lunge at Lv. 53, Lv. 60. Each moves are Fire and Bug-type. Fire Lash decreases target's DEF, Lunge decreases target's ATK.
Centiskorch doesn't learn any good moves until he reaches Lv. 53, but there are so many options for him in TR moves.
1) Flareblitz, the strongest Fire-type move
2) Power Whip, one of the strongest Grass-type move
3) Scald, Water-type SP.Atk move
4) Leech, HP recovering Bug-type move
Also learns Thunder Fang, Fire Fang with TM.
Centiskorch has lower SP.ATK stat than ATK so Scald is an optional move but Flareblitz, especially Power Whip boosts his power.
Centiskorch is extra weak at Rock-type, also weak at Water-type but Power Whip gives him a chance to counter them. His SPD stat is a bit slow but it doesn't matter that much in story mode. Enjoy Max Raid Battle against Grass-type pokemon then you'll obtain Power Whip TR. Also able to struggle against Flying-type pokemons with Thunder Fang.
If you choose Grookey or Sobble, this pokemon may complete your party.
I've introduced how to evolve Farfetch'd to Sirfetch'd before.
You can find Farfetch'd in Route 5, Giant's Mirror, and Max Raid Battles.
It can evolve immediately if you successfully hit 3 times of critical hit in one battle, but that would be pretty hard.
If Farfetch'd evolve into Sirfetch'd, it has 135 ATK stat which is nearly the highest level in SWSH.
There are two problems to raise this pokemon in story mode.
1) Hard to meet Farfetch'd in the wild (5% Appearing rate), more hard to evolve
2) Learns useful moves so lately (Lv. 55 for Leaf Blade, Lv. 65 for Brave Bird)
But luckily, there's a solution for 2). With TR, Sirfetch'd can learn Leaf Blade, Brave Bird. Also Close Combat, Poison Jab, Superpower, Throat Chop as well.
When you catch Farfetch'd, it has a 50% chance of holding Leek, which is raising the critical hit ratio for 2 stages. 135 ATK stat with +2 critical hit ratio? profit.
Well, I think I've introduced enough pokemons for the story mode for now.
Next time, I'll come back with the pokemons for Battle Tower & Rating Battle.
3 Years and Finally Almost Everything Complete
It’s been 3 Years and Finally Caught a Zapdos!!! Finally got 500 Pokémon, 50 Dark, and 50 Ground. Named my Rhyorn Rio. Now time to hunt Machop. #MaChopHuntHasBegun #ICameISawIZaodosed #ImOnFire
Caught a Swinub and evolved it. Now it looks like Cousin Itt. #Shabooyah!
POPULAR The Treasure Master is the VERY BEST!
EDIT: AHOY, MOOTIES! THERE WAS A BUG THAT LABELLED THE WRONG 'CORRECT ANSWER.' THE CORRECT ANSWER IS 15! THOSE OF YOU WHO CORRECTLY GUESSED 15 WILL BE RECEIVING YOUR PRIZE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!
See all the PokeBalls here!
Everybody knows I am the greatest pirate of all time but my ambitions go beyond the salty seas! The legacies of figures like Alexander the Great, Albert Einstein, and Aristotle will all pale in comparison to my accomplishments.
This brings me to your task.
New Pokemon cover the land and trainers are rushing to become the best. Screw them. I didn't tame a Lapras, slay a Gyrados, or eat a Magikarp for someone else to take my glory. Only I can be the best.
To be the best, I need to catch them all; to catch them all, I need PokeBalls! Plunder this town for all the PokeBalls you can find and bring them to me. Those who are able to collect ALL of the PokeBalls will be handsomely rewarded for helping me on my journey.
(Note: the hat does not count)
REMEMBER: People who HELP others may receive extra rewards, but those who BLATANTLY state possible answers will be SLEEPING WITH THE FISHES!
I will only be in port for 24 hours. Don't miss this opportunity to join my crew! Be sure to FOLLOW me to be notified the next time I come to Moot!
Wondering what this is all about? Check out the Treasure Hunt explained post here:
Pokémon Cards ♥️
Hoping to be able to get Pokémon Cards ♦️ either before School 🏫 starts again or hopefully at some point when I have free time, that is if ...
Yea, it’s kinda complicated but either way, miss the cards ♥️. Mostly, just wish I had a squad to play Pokémon Go and the Pokémon Trading Card Game with. Nobody within my family would understand.
[SWSH] Misc Spoiler-Free Tips
Will try to put together a more comprehensive post later this week, but here are some tips to get you started:
- VERY IMPORTANT TIP: Each route seems to have a single, high-level Pokemon that's only there once. This static encounter can possibly be missed, so be on the lookout! Some examples are Eldegoss on Route 5 & Beartic on Route 10.
- Many of the best moves are locked behind TRs, which are old-school TMs that break upon one use. While a few of these are given out by NPCs, the best way to obtain TRs is to hang out in the Wild Zone! You can buy some of them, and others drop from Dynamax Raids. Some exceptionally strong TRs that will help you on your journey include Iron Head/Iron Tail, Earthquake, and Stone Edge - all of these can be purchased in the Wild Zone!
- To go online, you first need to open the Y-Comm menu by pressing Y in the overworld. You then need to press the + button to connect online. Once you're online, you'll see real trainers in the Wild Zone - be sure to talk to them for some free items, or shoot them a trade request!
- Two-turn evasive moves, such as Dig, Dive, & Fly are great when fighting Dynamax Pokemon! They'll waste one of their three attacks on the missing Pokemon, and you can Dynamax the next turn to really punish them!
- Breed copies of your version exclusives for trading!! Here's a complete list: https://www.ign.com/wikis/pokemon-sword-shield/Pokemon_Sword_and_Shield_Version_Differences
- Once you're near the end of the game, you can snag level 55 Dittos from the Top-Leftmost side of the Wild Zone, and use it to breed extra copies of your starter Pokemon. Great if you want to trade for a different one, or don't know what egg group a Pokemon is in!
- Send out Pokemon you're not using on Pokemon Jobs. This helpful service, which can be found in the PC in any Pokemon Center, will give certain Pokemon experience when you're not using them. Each Job has a recommended type/ability/ etc. - be sure to use the "Search" feature on your box to find the best fit for each job!
- Later on, you'll get Attack, Speed, HP (etc) "Seminars" that can raise your Pokemon's base stats. If you're into competitive battling (or just want an extra boost to a certain stat), this is a great way to give your favorite 'mons an extra punch without the high cost of buying vitamins.
- If you have the free promo Meowth (preorder), think about to keep it in your party! His "Pickup" ability will randomly give you free items after battle. Be sure to check often to see if he's picked anything up! The quality of these items increases in proportion with his level - while it starts off with cheap items like Potions and Antidotes, later on, it becomes a great source for rare or expensive items like Evolution Stones, Rare Candy, Big Nuggets, and more! He’s not very strong, but he’s great for making/saving $$$!
- Use Amulet Coin or Lucky Incense on your lead Pokemon to earn some extra cash from trainers. You can also use Meowth's "Pay Day" attack during a battle to earn a bit of cash, and if you use him against any Gym Leaders, his unique "Gold Rush" ability will have you swimming in gold! While you're out training, you can also try using the ability "Thief" to steal items from wild Pokemon without the need to catch them.
- Experiment with diverse move-sets and Pokemon. The Dragon Gym, in particular, will end you if you're not prepared to handle everything the game throws at you. Don't assume that you'll win just by bringing an Ice Pokemon:
- A woman in Route 5 will give you a free Toxel, a great Pokemon that starts at level 1. Check out Nelson's post for more info about him & his evolution: https://moot.us/lounges/4/boards/12/posts/2311497/swsh-recommended-pokemons-for-the-story-mode-vol-2 His versatile typing makes him great for a number of gyms.
- The Pokemon rustling around in grassy patches are often different than the ones you can see wandering around. For instance: Hippowdon, a powerful "sand-setter" from Gen 4, can sometimes be found hiding beneath the grassy patches on Route 8 - but you won't be able to see if it's one of them beforehand!
[SWSH] Recommended Pokemons for the story mode Vol.2
The second recommended pokemons for the story mode. I saw someone's having a hard time to beat Bea's Gym Challenge. I hope this would be helpful for that guy XD
Toxtricity evolves from Toxel at Lv. 30.
(Toxel can be found in Route 7, Bridge Field, Giant's Cap, Hammerlocke Hills, Motostoke Riverbank, Stony Wilderness, and Max Raid Battles)
This pokemon has a special way to evolve. It evolves into different forms according to the original nature of Toxel. Nature mint doesn't affect to this evolving way. Each form has the same Stats, slightly different move learns.
Toxel who has a yellow stomach will be Amped Form - Adamant, Brave, Docile, Hardy, Hasty, Impish, Jolly, Lax, Naive, Naughty, Rash, Quirky, Sassy Nature will be this form.
Toxel who has a blue stomach will be Low Key Form - Bashful, Bold, Calm, Careful, Gentle, Lonely, Mild, Modest, Quiet, Relaxed, Serious, Timid Nature will be this form.
Toxtricity is Electric & Poison type, which is a very unique type in pokemon history. Only weak at Ground and Psychic, so many *0.5 types damage taken.
Its SP.Atk stat is 117, but due to Punk Rock, one of his Abilities amplify the damage (Boosts the power of sound-based moves. The Pokémon also takes half the damage from these kinds of moves.)
Punk Rock will boost the damage of Overdrive, Boomburst and etc. Also learns Volt Switch by TM, Sludge bomb by TR.
To get Punk Rock Ability, you should get Rattled Ability Toxel.
It has powerful damage and not slow Speed. Thus, this guy will be one of the strongest weapons in your party.
You can find Arrokuda, pre-evolved pokemon of this guy in Route 2, Hulbury, Motostoke Riverbank, and Max Raid Battles.
Can be found very early, Evolves very fast (Lv. 26).
This pokemon is high-risk, high-return itself. So low HP, DEF, SP.DEF but so high ATK and SPD.
He learns Crunch, Liquidation with Level Up,
Ice Fang with TM,
Close Combat, Poison Jab, Drill Run, Psychic Fangs with TR.
This pokemon is very simple. Kill or die. But usually kills. Especially with Close Combat, he can clear most of the enemy pokemons with one hit. He is also weak at Fight Type pokemons but also able to kill them with Psychic Fangs.
I'm also testing many pokemons so stay tuned for next recommended series!
[Tip] How to evolve Farfetch'd to Sirfetch'd easily
Sirfetch'd is one of the most popular pokemon in Pokmin SWSH since it has been revealed.
Sirfetch'd is Evolve from Farfetch'd but the way to evolve is such a strange and not so easy.
First, you need to catch Galar Farfetch'd. Farfetch'd only appear in Route 5, Giant's Mirror and Max Raid Battle in Sword. If you are a Shield player, you need to trade with Sword. Farfetch'd only appear Route 5 Overworld (5%), or Giant's Mirror when the weather is Overcast (5%). Need to be patient.
Second, get Leek. Wild Galar Farfetch'd is holding this item with 50%. There would be no problem to get this item if you met Farfetch'd.
Third, the most important and hard step. You need to get 3 critical hits in one battle. What a weird condition. If you're Farfetch'd is too strong, then the opponent's pokemon will faint so that you cannot stack critical hits. On the other hand, if the opponent's pokemons are too strong, they'll kill your Farfetch'd. Thus, you need to find the right opponent. +-5 level of pokemons are recommended but there's another tip.
1) Equip a Leek you've obtained. It will increase your critical hit rate for 2 stages.
2) Teach Focus Energy (TR13) to boost your crit rate more. (Optional) - You can obtain TR13 in Motostoke or Max Raid Battle reward.
4) Find any pokemon and spam Fury Cutter until you hit 3 times of critical hits.
Fury Cutter is the weakest move so you can freely spam it to strong pokemons.
Try to catch this awesome looking duck!
Catch of the week
Here's the Cool/good Pokemon ive. Gathered since my last post. #catchoftheday #pokemongo
My hotspot kinda stopped working, (my cable company has one, and the street I use it on is what stopped working, so I haven't played much.)
Here's my tiny haul of cool Pokemon.
Hatched this dude, pretty excited about it.
During the team rocket update, I acquired this awesome porygon.
And cought this alolan diglett.
All The Sandshrews! Must Have!!
”You’re wrong. She is a phony. But on the other hand 🖐 you’re right. She isn’t a phony because she’s a real phony. She believes all this crap she believes. You can’t talk her out of it.”
I’m good. Sandshrew in the crew. Time for more hunting. #PokemonCaught #Sandshrews
WTF!! Is this thing?
So I got the Pokémon sword and shield on the 14th because of a of a pre release and I been loving Pokémon sense I was a kid. I have normally been a water type trainer but then switch to a dragon type but that’s not the point. In the new game I picked water type because grass is normally ass and fire is OP so I went for the middle. He was pretty good I like it’s first evolution because it was a cool salamander second evolution rolled around and it’s a emo salamander so I was kinda okay with it design could of been better but it I had on last evolution so it’s not that bad. Final evolution comes rolling in I get excited but then I see this ugly gay anorexic lizard on my screen and I hate it and I am going to find a better Pokémon that is not that ugly.
Loaded up on Pokémon as part of this Saturday’s #PokemonGoCommunityDay of :
#ChimcharCommunityDay . Did some right of the bat evolving later on in the day. Found my First Shiny after so long. It’s a Chimchar. #Score #ChimcharFriends #ChimcharPalooza
#YouGotItDude #Shabooyah! #BoomChickenSoup!
The Chimchars looked they were dancing, that is to the only beat they know: Harlem Shake . #WhatWhat #ChimcharsDoTheHarlemShak
Caught up to 50 Grass Pokémon #OnWard