NelsonRB verified LV.27 Trick or Treat!
Oct 3, 2020, 05:17 PM 3,613 read

Secret Riddle! Sundial in the island

There are so many secrets and riddles in Genshin.   And probably one of the biggest riddle in this game is, far east island's sundial.

Genshin Impact: Posts - Secret Riddle! Sundial in the island image 2

To find Anemoculus, you would reach an island far east from the right-top of the map.   To reach there, you need to use Cryo character and freeze the ocean to cross. It will take long to reach there.  

Genshin Impact: Posts - Secret Riddle! Sundial in the island image 4

Once you reach the island, there is a sundial in the center.   You need to find a secret note to figure its secret out.   Head to the right side of the beach with Elemental Sight. You'll find a Geo object here.   Use Geo characters' elemental skill to destroy it. You'll find a note.  

Genshin Impact: Posts - Secret Riddle! Sundial in the island image 6

Check your inventory and read the note.   The note says the secret starts around 2 AM to 5 AM.  

Genshin Impact: Posts - Secret Riddle! Sundial in the island image 8

Go to the Time option and switch the time to 2 AM.  

Genshin Impact: Posts - Secret Riddle! Sundial in the island image 10

Use Elemental Sight during 2 AM ~ 5 AM.   You can only find hidden secrets with Elemental Sight during this time.   The first secret is on the ruin behind the sundial. You can also find an Anemoculus here.  

Genshin Impact: Posts - Secret Riddle! Sundial in the island image 12

The second secret is on the top of the right pillar from the sundial.  

Genshin Impact: Posts - Secret Riddle! Sundial in the island image 14

The third is near the ocean.  

Genshin Impact: Posts - Secret Riddle! Sundial in the island image 16

The fourth is on the opposite way from the third one.   You need to freeze the ocean with Cryo character to reach there.  

Genshin Impact: Posts - Secret Riddle! Sundial in the island image 18

If you collect all 4 hidden objects, something happens to the sundial.  

Genshin Impact: Posts - Secret Riddle! Sundial in the island image 20

Go to the center and use Anemo skill.  

Genshin Impact: Posts - Secret Riddle! Sundial in the island image 22

Then Lv.35 boss, Eye of the Storm will appear.   The boss is very strong and the terrain is so terrible to fight.   You need to check all around when you fight against the boss.  

Genshin Impact: Posts - Secret Riddle! Sundial in the island image 24

If you defeat the boss, the boss flees.   A huge wind field will appear in the center of the map so use that airstream to fly above.   You'll find many wind circles to go back to the land.   You'll reach Thousand Winds Temple.  

Genshin Impact: Posts - Secret Riddle! Sundial in the island image 26
Genshin Impact: Posts - Secret Riddle! Sundial in the island image 27

You'll find an NPC.   Talk to him and go to the tent behind him.   You'll find another note. No need to read, but just set the time as 2 AM to 5 AM again.  

Genshin Impact: Posts - Secret Riddle! Sundial in the island image 29

You'll find 3 objects again with Elemental Sight during 2 AM ~ 5 AM. They are all located in front of NPC.   Destroy them with Anemo skills and then huge wind sphere will appear.   Use Anemo skill once again and the boss will reappear.  

Genshin Impact: Posts - Secret Riddle! Sundial in the island image 31

The boss gets even more strong.   Kill the boss and talk to the NPC.  

Genshin Impact: Posts - Secret Riddle! Sundial in the island image 33

And you'll get?   NOTHING!   There's no hidden rewards, or anything. Nothing happens even you return to the island.   As the achievement says, nothing to lose but time.   Only 60 Primogem & 4 Epic EXP materials.   That's all. I expected some strong weapons or what but they gave me shit. F   It reminds me, 'Not all efforts are rewarded'. It's so god damn true.   If you're not looking for get all achievement, I strongly recommend you to not to do this.

Comment 4

• PPEKO LV.10 Assassin Oct 4, 2020, 03:47 AM

Wow, talk about a time waster!

• PPEKO LV.10 Assassin Oct 4, 2020, 03:48 AM

I'm still going to do it tho ᕙ(͡°‿ ͡°)ᕗ

• BoTCheesecurd LV.18 Champion Oct 5, 2020, 08:22 AM

Hi

• xilef20015 LV.1 Mootie Dec 23, 2020, 03:32 AM

know the worst of all? I did that, and I'm nearly 20 lvl behind.. Character-Level 20 . .

Home