voodoo_child LV.2 Lurker
Nov 11, 2020, 12:14 PM 82 read

Among Us Audio Short Film Voice Actors Wanted!

Among Us: Posts - Among Us Audio Short Film Voice Actors Wanted! image 1

Good evening everyone! I'm a freshman at New York University's Tisch School of the Arts studying film, and for my Sound Image class, I'm producing a comedy audio short film based on Among Us called "Imposter" (I know, creative). Me and my co-producers have already posted a listing on Backstage, however we really wanted to reach out to some actual fans of the game about this opportunity, because no amount of formal training can trump passion and personal experience. No prior experience needed, however you will need your own means of recording since the university recording studios are closed due to the pandemic.     The story will follow a group of quirky players as they navigate the final rounds, attempting to suss out the last imposter.     The characters include:     - JackO’Lantern: According to his Twitch bio, he’s a self-proclaimed New York-based gaming guru, but in reality, he is just a 13-year-old boy who sits at his computer 18 hours a day blowing off steam. While he might be a hot-head, he’s a seasoned player who has a knack for smelling out imposters.   - BronxBaddie718: She’s a high school senior attending Nightingale Bamford, a prestigious high school, where she is at the top of her class, destined to become one of the greats. She’s the captain of the volleyball team and class president. Her goal is to become the first female president. While she’s not studying French or mastering piano, she retires to Among Us for some carefree fun. And fun fact, or make that two: She’s Jack’s older sister and has a small crush on one of the other players in the story!   - TreeHugg3r: He’s a freshman in college where he double majors in statistics and botany, providing him both with tactical strategies that allow him to kill and a love for life that makes him easy to get along with. However, he doesn’t like to kill when he’s imposter. Regardless, he’s a talented player who should not be underestimated.   - GhostBoy: After GhostBoy graduated high school, his parents wanted him to go to college, but he had other plans. He became pretty socially conscious and put his computer skills to work as part of an undercover radical hacking group. While he’s not exposing shady corporations and dirty politicians, he spends his spare time slaying the Among Us game.   - Narrator/Host: This energetic, playful voice will lay out the rules of the game, introduce the characters, insert some witty commentary, and interview the victor at the end. We originally envisioned a male voice for this role, but are open minded and willing to hear all submissions!     Details:   - Since this is a student project, the job is of course non-union and unpaid. - We will be recording on Saturday, Nov 14th. The exact time is TBD. - To apply, you can apply on Backstage (link below) if you happen to have an account or email an audio file of you reading for the character (script is attached) you want to imposter2020casting@gmail.com     Backstage post: https://www.backstage.com/casting/imposter-378411/

Script: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WwmxBjtjo2tXk82In9OS4QX1Dj_a9ogs/view?usp=sharing

Thanks for reading and hope to hear from you! Best, Noni     P.S.: Yes, you did read the script correctly. We indeed put two Corpse puns and a Gossip Girl reference :)  

Comment 4

• Vperm LV.7 Nomad Nov 11, 2020, 12:49 PM

I would try to jack’o lantern but I don’t really have any more official recordings I sorry I did tip you 100 coins so uh yeah hope you like them

• voodoo_child LV.2 Lurker Nov 11, 2020, 10:34 PM

No problem, we totally understand! Thanks so much for the tip!

• JelloKuddles LV.20 S Nov 11, 2020, 03:46 PM

Wow, this sounds super interesting!~!~! I'm so sorry that I can't join right now cus I have too much task to finish at this moment but I truly wish you can find all the volunteers you need in Moot!!!

Go NYU Tisch!! (I'm not an NYU student btw) Wish you best luck!!

• voodoo_child LV.2 Lurker Nov 11, 2020, 10:37 PM

No problem at all! I've been super swamped too so I totally understand. And thank you for your kind words! :)

Home