Yusuf "Alex" Harris verified LV.30 Dream Chaser
Nov 22, 2020, 01:12 PM 161 read

Fall Guys | Is Twitch Making an Example out of xQc?

Poll Closed 10 Voted

Do you feel the xQc ban was too much?

• Yes 3
  • No 0
  • Maybe 7

For the few players willing to stick with Fall Guys, the Twitch Rivals Glitchcon tournament was an enjoyable pass time to partake in. As what could be considered an eSport, fairness and integrity is an obvious requirement of the tournament. So when a person who was disqualified earlier on stream snipes to drag down people still vying for the top, it definitely breaks more rules than one.  

Fall Guys: Posts - Fall Guys | Is Twitch Making an Example out of xQc? image 2

For whatever reason, Twitch decided to make Fall Guys worth more points than all the other games before it combined, so it was a big sector worth massive points. After being disqualified, xQc decided that it would be “funny” to stream snipe Tyler1’s team, Team Aces. He dragged, throw, and hindered them at every step until none were left, and it raised quite a few eyebrows.    

Fall Guys: Posts - Fall Guys | Is Twitch Making an Example out of xQc? image 4

Previously, Twitch has been known for being extremely lenient with big streamers over things like xQc and the first real-time they’ve put their foot down is with Dr. Disrespect, who the public still doesn’t have an answer as to why they’ve banned them. xQc is clearly in the wrong, and deserves a ban, right? Well, after investigating, which it didn’t take much of because xQc was “bold” or “stupid” enough to do it all on stream, whichever adjective you’d like to use, he was banned for 7 days and given a fine to pay. For streamers as big as xQc, a moment of impulsiveness has likely cost him thousands of dollars in would-be donations and subs alone.    

Fall Guys: Posts - Fall Guys | Is Twitch Making an Example out of xQc? image 6

Even Tyler1 himself, the victim in all this, said that xQc doesn’t deserve a ban for this, just a warning and a talk. Other streamers have also chimed in that this seems to be a power move by Twitch. As the Chinese say, kill the chicken to warn the monkeys. This harsh punishment seems to be Twitch flexing its muscles for other streamers to see. The terms of service of Twitch have always given Twitch free reign to ban people from their platform with little to no reason at all, so they took this chance to remind people of that. Not to mention they had an excuse.     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nX32CQzUS8

In the end, the interference of xQc and the other streamers that received bans because of this did not change the outcome of the tournament, so it is questionable the extent Twitch went to punish xQc. Do you feel Twitch’s punishment was just? Was the punishment too harsh? Has Twitch been pushing people’s tolerance of the terms of service with bans and ads? Let me know in the comments below.

Comment 11

• FDAL00709 LV.23 I'm a Bot Nov 22, 2020, 01:21 PM

Idk if they are FINALLY starting to do their jobs or if they are stupid. They only ban their best streamers now for somethings that arguably dont deserve a ban (this case given that they didnt change the outcome I dont see why such a harsh punishment was necessary) but the site is practically a cam site and they never ban those. I dont get twitch anymore tbh...

• Yusuf "Alex" Harris verified LV.30 Dream Chaser Nov 22, 2020, 01:29 PM

I think all of the bigger corporations are starting to feel sort of alienated towards their audience. Like YouTube. When I first saw what he was doing, honestly I felt he should be banned too, but when you think about how much money they made him lose out on plus the fine, it felt a bit harsh. Putting their foot down somewhere was necessary though because we can't just have people blatantly stream sniping on stream in literally Twitch's own event. That breaks so many rules etiquette it's insane that he even thought that was okay.

• FDAL00709 LV.23 I'm a Bot Nov 22, 2020, 04:26 PM

Yeah. I agree, but the problem with twitch is that they act like they should, sometimes overstepping like in this case imo. But then you have as I said, a bunch of streamers that at this point do softcore cam (if that even exists 🤣) and dont get punished even tho the rules got really especific about what you could show. And they take male streamers who show much les than females. Its like on one side they take very seriously everything and then go blind with the other. But thats how I see it. Could be right could be wrong...

• Yusuf "Alex" Harris verified LV.30 Dream Chaser Nov 22, 2020, 07:38 PM

I think that's a society problem rather than a twitch problem. There's just a disparity in how we treat men and women

• FDAL00709 LV.23 I'm a Bot Nov 23, 2020, 01:54 AM

Hmm it is too. But look at youtube. They slap everyone with demonitization equally 🤣. Twitch does have a major problem with this kinda stuff. I remember that this chick, alinity openly admited she got married to get out of her country and then dumped the guy (wich is a crime) and twitch didnt move a finger. Uhg I dont know, I just hope they really start reinforcing their rules equally like youtube

• Yusuf "Alex" Harris verified LV.30 Dream Chaser Nov 23, 2020, 05:07 AM

it's not twitch's job to uphold US or Canadian law lol. yeah YouTube dgaf

• FDAL00709 LV.23 I'm a Bot Nov 23, 2020, 06:04 AM

Yusuf "Alex" Harris  "YOU ARE OBLIGED NOT to break any law, not to breach any contract, not to violate any intellectual or third party property rights, and not to commit any illegal act, and you will be entirely responsible for your conduct while using the Twitch Services."

Well guess you are right but it does make you think that when she hurt her Cat they should have done something. Because it was on stream. Ah guess im thinking too much of it
    Whats done its done

• Yusuf "Alex" Harris verified LV.30 Dream Chaser Nov 23, 2020, 06:29 AM

FDAL00709  I mean, people kinda over exaggerated what she did to her cat. it's not like she savagely beat it, just threw it among other things that likely didn't harm the cat that much if at all

• FDAL00709 LV.23 I'm a Bot Nov 23, 2020, 10:39 AM

Yusuf "Alex" Harris  While I agree that some exagherated it it was still very VERY wrong. And the one were she throws the cat behind the chair is not the worst for me. But the one where she gives the Cat vodka... That was Inappropriate to say the least. I feel like the mods clearly are biased against some streamers and dont really have any Consequences when they abuse their power so it may take long for them to change their ways (or maybe they are starting too with this xqc thing, altough I think its not likely, Xqc isnt exactly loved by twitch so...)

• xXGreekMeatXx LV.27 Apex > Fortnite Nov 22, 2020, 09:33 PM

Well, the fact that the FEMALE streamer "Alinity" hadn't got a ban from Twitch even after what she had done until she banned HERSELF bc of the backlash she had, doesn't give you much hope for what Twitch can do.
    Oh, and the fact that they have a Deer in their Twitch safety Advisory council, tell you something more about not having hope of twitch ban system being fair.

• gamer591180407 LV.1 Mootie Nov 30, 2020, 07:20 PM

hoe

Home