Prox_CQ LV.6 Nomad
Jun 1, 2020, 03:16 PM 466 read

A suggestion to @Studio LB

Q&A

I was pretty upset when I got to the Blue Kona challenge. This was now a month ago for me but an issue to all new players and possibly the cause of most of the bad "low % for evolution" reviews on google play scaring players away from playing the game. This challenge

Taming Master: Q&A - A suggestion to @Studio LB image 2

Is far too hard for new players and a horrible way for introducing new players to evolution chances. At this early time in the game a mission like this will take far more than the 10 feathers provided to accomplish it, making players think that evolving is "too hard and chances are too low".

Taming Master: Q&A - A suggestion to @Studio LB image 4

Just 10 feathers but it can take several dozen. It will make any new player turn around and run away without ever finding out that later into the game something like evolving a Blue Kona is an easy task. If your goal is to scare people into quitting before they know if they want to play longer and spend money then mission accomplished.   This review is not the truth of this game but a tutorial like this Blue Kona will make people think that it is true. (Screenshot from google store reviews)

Taming Master: Q&A - A suggestion to @Studio LB image 6

This Blue Kona achievement is a complain I see regularly

Taming Master: Q&A - A suggestion to @Studio LB image 8

Could not have said it better myself "confused because up till that point the quests give you what you need to complete the next portion of it". Tutorial missions should not be halted due to the materials provided for the tutorial quest being insufficient. Difficulty made worst by the fact that Polinas is not good for anything at this early stage of the game or at all so new players have to work hard to evolve into a bird that will not help them.   My suggestion: #1 Pick a different monster that is not as hard to evolve, like Unique>Heroic instead of Common(Blue Kona)>Heroic(Polinas) #2 Script this Blue Kona to always evolve at the 10th feather if it has not already evolved. #3 Remove this portion of the achievements

Comment 4

• Nachtsensei LV.3 Shadow Jun 3, 2020, 04:26 PM

Totally agree to this.

In a way i would say is like throwing cold water on you after taking the first few steps into the game. Maybe as a way to tell you that there are such evo pets in this game but as an example to use for beginners, it is the most wrong way to go with. Or they do intend to scare away new players and only wants to select those left that feels is actually a good game.

I have been playing since a month, and is about daily occurrence that someone complaints about blue kona quest.

• gamer429847486 LV.1 Mootie Jun 2, 2020, 12:08 PM

indeed its kinda hard but i think thats the thrill of it, if you lack feather you can get it at forbidden areas but you have to grind it, if you want a faster way you can just purchase some on guild store or if you have material pouches thingy. evolved mine the hard way. it will be boring if its too easy.

• Prox_CQ LV.6 Nomad Jun 2, 2020, 07:36 PM

You are misunderstanding.
    I take no issue with the difficulty of evolving in this game. I don't mind the current evolution rates at all.
    The issue is that it is too hard for a brand new player coming into an unknown indie game to hit a wall like that during a tutorial mission.
    You have to take into account that the vast majority of players are not experienced gamers who will easily find a work around, the vast majority of players will think the mission is either broken or the game sucks, quit and go leave a bad review.

• gamer714317630 LV.9 Nomad Jun 3, 2020, 03:24 AM

I totally agree with Prox. As a quest for beginners who may or may not be hooked to this game yet, you should not give them a potentially frustrating quest like this. The quest gives 10 feathers AFTER we evolve the bird, that makes no sense. I am not going to evolve another bird any time soon, why not give the feathers BEFORE the quest? I still remember it took me like 25 tries. I wasn't able to farm the blue feather at that time and I didn't know it was available in the guild store. Even if I did, the contribution points were so much to farm for a beginner. Now that I am already hooked, I don't really mind the rates any more. But I don't want it to scare new players away.
    Some solutions to the task I think could be: give players plenty of blue bird shard AND maybe 20 more feathers. Or else, give players a guaranteed success for that one after a few tries.
    Your goal is to let players taste the evolution system, not to scare them away by the rates or the tedious farming.

Home