daarksunshinee LV.23 Insomniac
Dec 19, 2020, 12:10 AM 106 read

Where’s the Christmas spirit?

When Halloween came around in Animal Crossing: New Horizons, there were so many recipes and fun things to decorate with.. My entire island was ready for both Fall and Halloween! Now that Christmas is just around the corner, I anticipated just as much love for this exciting season.. but there’s barely anything. A few decorated NPC buildings, some toys in the shop, festive clothing and some lit trees. From what I understand... there’s a slight chance of receiving a festive recipe in balloons. I’ve popped quite a few balloons since this update came out, and received nothing festive. My island is bare. I definitely got myself hyped up for nothing and needless to say, I’m super disappointed for how Christmas is going in ACNH. #daarksunshinee #animalcrossing #animalcrossingnewhorizons #acnh #newhorizons #acnhcommunity #animalcrossingcommunity #nintendoswitch #nintendogaming #nintendoswitchlite

Comment 6

• NO NAME verified Dec 19, 2020, 12:12 AM

It's strange but I had a feeling that it wouldn't be big. I, myself, been on a hiatus this Christmas on AC. I feel bad now. 😔

• daarksunshinee LV.23 Insomniac Dec 19, 2020, 12:19 AM

You’re not missing anything.

Isabelle gave an ornament wreath DIY and that’s it. The rest of festive DIYs gotta come from balloons.

AS I WAS WRITING THAT: a balloon spawned ...and all I got was a plain cap. It’s so frustrating. Very poorly executed.

The snowmen give ice DIYs if you make them “perfect” but that’s more a winter thing than Christmas.. so other than a few ornament wreaths that some of my villagers agreed to put up, one festive wreath (the actual object) given to my by a villager - literally nothing but the NPC buildings have some Christmas decorations.

I don’t know how all the other players who post all their stuff got any of it, maybe cataloging or visiting friends, but those aren’t options for me so too bad for me I guess!

• NO NAME verified Dec 19, 2020, 12:24 AM

That sounds disappointing. It's only the 18th so I might hop on to see the snow.

On a side note, I still have all my Halloween decorations up. I wonder how it'll look in the snow. 🤣

• daarksunshinee LV.23 Insomniac Dec 19, 2020, 12:27 AM

Just popped another balloon and got iron nuggets lmfao wow

& most stuff gets covered in snow automatically but some doesn’t so who knows !!

• NO NAME verified Dec 19, 2020, 12:46 AM

Okay. I'll definitely jump on later when I get home later. 😁

• daarksunshinee LV.23 Insomniac Dec 19, 2020, 12:47 AM

The snow is beautiful though!
    I also caught Leif a few times an bought a bunch of holly starts so they're almost everywhere haha. Enjoy :)

Home