TwoFacedJoker383 verified LV.21 Gym Leader
Sep 27, 2020, 12:21 AM 187 read

Getting Your Animal Crossing Island Ready for Halloween

We’re well into September now, which means that for many people, Halloween season is in full swing. Around town, I’ve seen the Spirit Halloween stores pop up, and it’s hard to ignore the chill in the air. There’s no doubt that folks are looking to celebrate the season, but this will be all the harder for most this year due to the pandemic. Luckily, Animal Crossing, as always, has a way of allowing folks to express themselves from the safety of their own homes. So, let’s take a look at some ways in which people can start to show off their holiday spirit from in-game.  

Animal Crossing: Posts - Getting Your Animal Crossing Island Ready for Halloween image 2

Many users have noted that, compared to Animal Crossing: New Leaf, there are far fewer decorations to utilize for the Halloween festivities; hopefully, we’ll see more in the near future when a certain pumpkin-headed NPC comes wandering around town. But in the meantime, folks have found some clever ways of creating these decorations. Some people have made custom hat designs that have allowed them to create the illusion of a pumpkin patch. Others have taken advantage of Redd’s duplicitous nature, using the haunted paintings he sells to their spooky advantage.  

Animal Crossing: Posts - Getting Your Animal Crossing Island Ready for Halloween image 4

I’ve also seen those who have begun making lanterns with special designs that reflect the season, with goats and witches glowing out of traditional lantern designs. While these aren’t quite the same as pumpkin lanterns, they certainly have the right flair and spirit about them, looking to recreate the feeling we all crave for.   But what are some original things you can do to liven up your towns and make them more spook-tacular? For my money, prepping your Halloween costumes well in advance might be the way to go. The Abel Sisters have already been selling folks a variety of different costumes than can be worn for some time now, so if you’re looking for a quick fix, that’s a pretty easy option to take advantage of. I imagine that there’s a good chance that there will be more costume options provided during the Halloween season as well. For what it’s worth, though, I’d much rather get a jump start on the process and have my own, original look rather than one that’s just handed out to me. It makes it more personal, more exciting, more enticing, and I can create whatever the heck I want as opposed to being bound to Nintendo’s pre-written suggestions.  

Animal Crossing: Posts - Getting Your Animal Crossing Island Ready for Halloween image 6

Beyond this, I’d recommend looking through whatever decorations and furniture you have available and start brainstorming ways to make scary layouts. We don’t know what decorations options we’ll get down the road, but it’s more than likely that players will need substitutes for more than one decoration preference at some point.   What are you most looking forward to during the Halloween season? Any idea what you’re dressing up as this year, in or out of game? Let me know down below!

Comment 6

• Tuesday Emery LV.23 Dream Chaser Sep 27, 2020, 06:01 AM

Those spooky lanterns are so neat! I've seen a lot of cool Nightmare Before Christmas designs for various items that I want to use, but my Nintendo Online membership ran out and I can't afford it at all right now. I'm still trying to decide how to dress for Halloween. I hope everyone manages to have a great Halloween though! 👻

• iiorange LV.1 Mootie Sep 27, 2020, 06:12 AM

Get ready for halloween Oct. 31 2020

• OkaySquidy LV.10 Team Rocket Sep 27, 2020, 10:07 PM

This is gonna be a good update I can feel it

• Anna Tchong LV.14 Wolf Sep 29, 2020, 08:01 PM

How grow pimpkin and where get seed?

• Bethany.leighhx LV.4 Lurker Oct 2, 2020, 03:59 AM

Excited

• blxck stxr LV.7 Assassin Oct 2, 2020, 10:23 AM

I can’t wait to see what I can add to my house

Home