NelsonRB NelsonRB verified LV.24 Trick or Treat!
Mar 26, 2020, 05:29 PM 27,663 read

[Tip] Wanna find a Stringfish? Let's find rare fishes fast and easily

Hey, how’s your island?   It’s almost the end of March. There are several fishes which can only be found until March, like Sturgeon (Northern Hemisphere) so you must catch them before March is over. However, most of them are very hard to find and you’ll be suffered to fish them.   But there is a way to force them to appear easily, like a fish farm.  

Animal Crossing: Posts - [Tip] Wanna find a Stringfish? Let's find rare fishes fast and easily image 2

Before, we need to know the respawn system of ACNH. There are three groups of ACNH creatures. River fish, sea fish, bug. Each group shares a respawn number threshold. River fish, Clifftop & River & Pond & Mouth share the threshold together. Sea fish, Sea & Pier share it together. Bug, all types of bug shares the threshold.   Additionally, creatures will not respawn on your sight. For example, if you keep roaming clifftop around, none of the clifftop fishes will be respawned. But the game system always fulfills the respawn threshold so the fishes will be respawned out of your sight. If the clifftop is on your sight, fishes will appear on the river or river mouth. If both the clifftop & river is on your sight, most of the fishes will be respawned on the river mouth.     With this system, now Let’s see how to aim for rare fishes.   Visit an island with Nook Miles Ticket. The island must have a river, better to have clifftop and pond as well for various rare fishes.

Animal Crossing: Posts - [Tip] Wanna find a Stringfish? Let's find rare fishes fast and easily image 4
Animal Crossing: Posts - [Tip] Wanna find a Stringfish? Let's find rare fishes fast and easily image 5

Once you reach the island, you’ll see many fishes in the river. Check the size of the shadows and there’s no target you want, drive them out to respawn other fishes. To drive fishes out, run near them, or swing a net to the river, use a vaulting pole near them, or use a fishing rod can pull it back after the fish recognized it.   Unnecessary fishes will be disappeared and other fishes will be respawned out of your sight.   This is the point. You must set a target you want. For example, if you want to get Sturgeon, the river mouth should be out of your sight until you drive unnecessary fishes out enough. If you keep removing fishes from except a target area (Pond, Clifftop, River), many fishes will be in the target area.  

Animal Crossing: Posts - [Tip] Wanna find a Stringfish? Let's find rare fishes fast and easily image 7
Animal Crossing: Posts - [Tip] Wanna find a Stringfish? Let's find rare fishes fast and easily image 8

Visit the target area and check if the target is there. Sturgeon’s shadow size is 6 (biggest). Only sturgeon has that size of shadow in the river mouth. If there’s a huge shadow in the river mouth, that is a sturgeon.   In the same way, you can aim for any rare fishes like Golden Trout or Stringfish. If you’re looking for the clifftop rare fishes, try not to clifftop on your sight and roaming around the map, drive fishes in the river & pond & mouth out, then visit the clifftop. If there’s no target, repeat this.   To do this, you need to know the size of each fish’s shadow so that you’ll save your time.  

You can do this to Sea or Pier fishes, but it will be harder and take longer because the sea area is too big. You need to be patient for Sea & Pier fishes.  

Animal Crossing: Posts - [Tip] Wanna find a Stringfish? Let's find rare fishes fast and easily image 13
Animal Crossing: Posts - [Tip] Wanna find a Stringfish? Let's find rare fishes fast and easily image 14

There are more fishes that only appear until March, but they are common. These 2, especially Stringfish is extremely hard to find so try this tip and catch them before April!

Comment 3

• Turbovirgin LV.3 Lurker Mar 26, 2020, 05:32 PM

OH MY GOD THE SHIRT CAUGHT ME OFF GUARD AND I STARTED CHOKINV ON MY DRINK

• C.H.A.I.R. LV.7 Nomad Mar 30, 2020, 09:09 AM

THANK YOU!!!!!! I just caught a sturgeon

• njsa21 LV.2 Lurker Mar 31, 2020, 04:22 AM

Thank you for this!!! I caught one after reading it 👌

Home