VeryBerryMan LV.23 Champion
Nov 1, 2020, 03:22 AM 68 read

3 Things We Can Learn from the NA First Strike Open Qualifier

The NA First Strike Open qualifier ended yesterday with Cloud 9 Blue taking 1st place in a hard fought game against Team Envy. However, for people not too interested about pro play, what are some things we can learn from them, that can be applied into our own comp games? Here are some things I noticed while watching the matches:   1. Agent abilities are all-important. In many comp games, many players might not use a single ability in a round. This is a fatal mistake for obvious reasons, but especially with agents like Breach and Phoenix becoming meta, and their abilities having the ability to win or lose a round, using agent abilities has become more important than ever. Of course, you don't want to waste all your abilities, and especially not your ultimate. However, I see many more people not using enough abilities compared to those wasting their abilities.

Valorant: Posts - 3 Things We Can Learn from the NA First Strike Open Qualifier image 2

2. Using aggressive ults on the entry. Piggybacking off my last point, some of the more aggressive ults such as Phoenix, Raze, Jett, Sova, Reyna, Breach, and Killjoy can send enemies running, and should be used best when attacking a site, or playing for a retake. I see too many players using these when alone and isolated, when they are best used when pushing with the rest of the team, to provide the extra firepower needed to overwhelm the enemies.

Valorant: Posts - 3 Things We Can Learn from the NA First Strike Open Qualifier image 4

3. Getting info on defense. Getting info on defense is crucial to knowing when to rotate, and when not too. This can prevent one enemy from pushing and making noise, you thinking your getting rushed by the whole enemy team and calling for your teammates to rotate, only for the enemies to plant on the other site. Getting info on where the enemies are can be done in a variety of ways, but one that always works is just jiggle peeking an aggressive angle, and seeing if anyone pushes or shoots at you. Then you can make an informed decision on whether to tell your teammates to start rotating to your site, or to tell them to hold positions and see if it might just be a fake.   Well, that's all for now, see you on the battlefield!

Comment 0

Home