Roiden verified LV.23 Warrior
Oct 28, 2020, 08:23 AM 211 read

Problems With Valorant's New Map, Icebox

Valorant: Posts - Problems With Valorant's New Map, Icebox image 1

So, Icebox has made its way into Valorant. To be honest, I was hoping for a more warm welcome than what I've experienced with it, so far. I'm personally not the biggest fan of the map, though. There's some issues with it that I simply don't like and a few little tidbits here and there that I'd change about the map. I just wanted to share my personal dislike for the map because let's be honest, this map just ISN'T suitable for the Valorant playstyle.

Valorant: Posts - Problems With Valorant's New Map, Icebox image 3

First off, the map has a lot of close-quarter action going on. I’m not so sure about this decision by Riot. With so many of the fights in Valorant taking place in longer distanced and opened up areas, this map makes it a lot easier to aim at someone and gives players a huge disadvantage if caught in the open. The abilities that we use are typically long ranged and there’s a better chance that they’ll actually be useful for long ranged action. Second off is the big hide-and-seek style we can see in this map. It’s such a pain having to check corners in other maps as there’s a risk that there’ll be someone unexpected. Now we have to look at even MORE locations because of how many ring-around-the-rosy spots and corners we have. Nevermind the fact that there’s so many spots in the map that provide elevation advantages. Basically, there’s an insane number of places to hide which is going to slow the rounds down a lot.

Valorant: Posts - Problems With Valorant's New Map, Icebox image 5

The colors (particularly on A site) are all so… boring. There’s a bunch of two colors blending in. Gray and pale green surround the site and no matter where you look, it’s just the same thing. To be honest, without a minimap, I’d get lost occasionally because there’s no real definite way of telling where you even are. As for the outside world… well there’s snow. The boxes and walls are still gray and pale green. A few orange containers mix it up. That’s literally all there is to it. I wouldn’t say that the appearance of a map is essential to the playing of it but it’s by far one of the most important things that keeps me interested in a game.

Valorant: Posts - Problems With Valorant's New Map, Icebox image 7

Am I wrong or was I right with everything I said? Everyone’s open to share what they think and I’d love to hear what you have to say about the map! Are you enjoying it or is it a drag to play? Let me know down below and I’ll be glad to see what you all think!

Valorant: Posts - Problems With Valorant's New Map, Icebox image 9

Comment 12

• CxK_Shougun LV.8 Nomad Oct 28, 2020, 08:26 AM

yeah I think the same I have also encountered hackers who always get headshots threw walls I uninstalled beacuse I tired of being killed by a hacker it was my first time I thought it was fun for a while unti I encountered more hackers I play csgo alot tho I did do good in the rounds beacuse I've had a lot of experience I've played csgo since 2013

• VeryBerryMan LV.23 The Best Oct 28, 2020, 10:32 PM

I haven't really encountered many hackers

• Kills LV.29 Assassin Oct 30, 2020, 07:27 AM

Pumpkin Great Job
  • Mythical Glitch LV.12 OPFOR Oct 31, 2020, 11:27 AM

Personally, coming from several other FPS games (Battlefield, Destiny, R6S, Apex, and CoD), Icebox felt no different than many maps that I’ve played before.
    Sure, it is weird that its layout isn’t suited for Valorant, but personally I kinda like the map.
    One point I definitely agree on is the amount of corners everyone should pay attention to. It definitely promotes camping, and I hate that. I believe one way to fix that issue is by reworking A site as a whole

• ANEstrong LV.20 S Oct 31, 2020, 02:08 PM

Not Bad
  • hotrodtanner LV.20 Wolf Oct 28, 2020, 12:42 PM

Nice

• VeryBerryMan LV.23 The Best Oct 28, 2020, 10:33 PM

I feel like the close quarter feel of this map is a nice change of pace compared to like Ascent which is so open, its nice to have some variety

• NO NAME verified Oct 28, 2020, 10:34 PM

wow a hole damn book chill

• NO NAME verified Oct 28, 2020, 11:24 PM

lol

• Samet Kaya LV.2 Lurker Oct 29, 2020, 07:12 AM

+1

• MunkeeInShorts LV.21 Looking for teammates! Oct 30, 2020, 02:52 AM

Worst map easily (imo)

• iiMiruki LV.4 Lurker Oct 30, 2020, 04:20 PM

yep

Home