VeryBerryMan LV.23 The Best
Oct 28, 2020, 06:14 AM 41 read

1.11 Patch Notes Breakdown

Today, Riot Games released the patch notes for patch 1.11. This patch mainly is about the addition of Skye to the agent pool, and Icebox being added to the competitive map rotation. However, there are some other agent buffs/nerfs, mainly for Cypher and Killjoy.

Valorant: Posts - 1.11 Patch Notes Breakdown image 2

Cypher: I'm still a bit sad about these nerfs because I main him, however, he has been an S-tier agent since the start of the game, so I think these nerfs do a good job of balancing him out. Cypher's trapwire and camera are disabled and revealed after he dies, essentially nullifying his advantage after death. This definitely is a big hit to his ability to prevent flanks, as if he dies, the team can't get any more intel if someone if coming up behind them with his trapwire. I do think this is a good way to nerf Cypher, and it will make him less effective, without making him bottom tier trash. Especially on attack, Cypher will most likely have to be holding the flank with his traps, or be in a safe location on site now, as his abilities are so useful.

Valorant: Posts - 1.11 Patch Notes Breakdown image 4

Killjoy: The Alarmbot and Turret now deactivate if she is more than 40m away from them, and reentering the 40m range reactivates them. This basically ends her capacity to leave her gadgets behind when rotating to a site the enemies are attacking, and use those gadgets as an early warning system if the attackers have rotated to the other one. However, Riot has also reduced the cooldown after picking up her turret from 20 seconds to 10 seconds, the cooldown after picking up her alarm bot from 20 seconds to 7 seconds. This allows her to rotate and take her gadgets with her, so she can use them to defend another site, or watch flank on the opposite site. Riot has also decreased the range that the alarm bot can be spotted from by 9 meters to 7 meters, and the range that the nanoswarm can be spotted from by 5 meters to 3.5. Both of these changes probably won't do much as her alarm bot is usually tucked away behind a wall, and her nanoswarm will probably be spotted anyways. Finally, nanoswarm damage has increased from 40/sec to 45/sec, and damage now ticks smoother and faster instead of in chunks every 1/4 of a second. These buffs will make her already strong nanoswarm even stronger, which puzzles me, as this is already a very strong ability.

Valorant: Posts - 1.11 Patch Notes Breakdown image 6

Breach: The only non-sentinel getting a patch, he is surprisingly getting a buff, despite the fact that he is already very strong, and a must-have in pro-play. His flash time has increased from 1.75 to 2. I'm still confused why they buffed his flash, as that is one of his strongest abilities. I still fully expect them to nerf Breach in the next patch, and I really think they should change his number of flashes from 3 to 2.

Valorant: Posts - 1.11 Patch Notes Breakdown image 8

The only other patch that I think is worth notice is the nerfs to saving. I guess Riot Games is nerfing saving, as now, if you survive a round as the attackers but lose without the spike being planted, you only get 1,000 credits the next round. Defenders also face this, as if you lose the round due to the spike being planted, but still survive and choose to save, you will also only get 1,000 credits the next round. This will definitely impact decision-making on whether to save or not.   Well, that's all for now, see you on the battlefield!  

Comment 18

• An Commander LV.5 Lurker Oct 28, 2020, 09:35 PM

Pumpkin Hello
  • VeryBerryMan LV.23 The Best Oct 28, 2020, 09:58 PM

Skeleton Ok!
  • VeryBerryMan LV.23 The Best Oct 28, 2020, 09:59 PM

Halloween stickers are pog

• NO NAME verified Oct 28, 2020, 10:13 PM

i like the horse slash dragon thing

• VeryBerryMan LV.23 The Best Oct 28, 2020, 10:14 PM

You mean skye's flash?

• NO NAME verified Oct 28, 2020, 10:18 PM

sure mean ass u ant gotta correct me god damn chicks so annoying i don't play no damn looking like anime games i only love to watch it

• VeryBerryMan LV.23 The Best Oct 28, 2020, 10:21 PM

uh, ok, sorry, but your definition didn't really narrow it down between the tiger and the hawk ability

• NO NAME verified Oct 28, 2020, 10:20 PM

u are a girl now ok bud im gonna call u a girl

• VeryBerryMan LV.23 The Best Oct 28, 2020, 10:22 PM

ok, guess I'm trans now

Skeleton Ok!
  • NO NAME verified Oct 28, 2020, 10:22 PM

yep

• NO NAME verified Oct 28, 2020, 10:25 PM

how old i mean i know ur under agged lemme guess u are 14

• NO NAME verified Oct 28, 2020, 10:27 PM

how old are u trans lady hay ur luky u got titts now hahh i dont have them tho no fair lemme stop lmoa

• VeryBerryMan LV.23 The Best Oct 28, 2020, 10:29 PM

this is getting really sus

• NO NAME verified Oct 28, 2020, 10:28 PM

i followed u bud

• VeryBerryMan LV.23 The Best Oct 28, 2020, 10:29 PM

Thanks for the follow 😀

• NO NAME verified Oct 28, 2020, 10:24 PM

now ur talking about the hawk smash ability for fortnite i know that one girl

• VeryBerryMan LV.23 The Best Oct 28, 2020, 10:26 PM

How are we talking about fortnite now?

• NO NAME verified Oct 28, 2020, 10:33 PM

idk

Home