Roiden verified LV.23 Warrior
Oct 21, 2020, 07:25 AM 221 read

Great Sniping Spots on Valorant's New Map, Icebox!

Let me begin with a sad statement. Icebox is made to bully snipers. Yes, the map is filled with tons of long range opportunities. But, when I think of the “best” sniping spots, I’m thinking of spots where it’s tough to see enemies, give the sniper a huge advantage with positions they’re holding, and is also unpredictable. With that said, I found a couple of spots I recommend you use to get a huge advantage on the opponents. Also, some if not all of these spots will need an ability to help reach so keep that in mind when looking at the locations. Let’s get started!   1. Tunnel Ramp towards B (Offense or Defense)  

Valorant: Posts - Great Sniping Spots on Valorant's New Map, Icebox! image 2

This is a spot that requires an ability to reach. While players are watching the lower part of the tunnel to see if you’re coming or to check if you’re watching a planted bomb, you can easily throw them off with this phenomenal off angle. It’s an element of surprise that’s sure to throw someone off and give you an advantageous second against them.   2. Headglitch from A (Post-Plant)  

Valorant: Posts - Great Sniping Spots on Valorant's New Map, Icebox! image 4
Valorant: Posts - Great Sniping Spots on Valorant's New Map, Icebox! image 5

This spot is pretty neat as it gives you a clear view of the window for anyone rotating towards A site AND if you look at the left side, there’s a spot you’ll see enemies from if they’re using the low-ground. It’s a strong head-glitch that can easily throw you off. The second picture is looking at the area you’ll have to get a headshot from just to get someone. Enjoy it!     3. “Anti Headglitch” (Defense)  

Valorant: Posts - Great Sniping Spots on Valorant's New Map, Icebox! image 7
Valorant: Posts - Great Sniping Spots on Valorant's New Map, Icebox! image 8

This spot is on the upper portion above the headglitch spot. It gives you a sight on anyone going through the upper or lower part of the site, meaning you get the best of both worlds. Enemies holding against the wall close to you may be able to sneak by so make sure someone is covering the one area and you’re good to go!     4. On top of B Crate - (Defense)

Valorant: Posts - Great Sniping Spots on Valorant's New Map, Icebox! image 10
Valorant: Posts - Great Sniping Spots on Valorant's New Map, Icebox! image 11

This is a spot that will most likely only be possible to reach by Jett after two upwards bursts. If you hold the proper spot, you can get a HUGE off-angle on anyone going through the lower door. Also, moving slightly more to the right actually gives you a small gap to watch for anyone coming around the corner in the back of the alley. In the second picture you can barely see the little piece of a square which is where you’ll be located. It’s never going to be someone’s first spot to look, meaning you’re going to get the easiest shot of your life right here. Take advantage NOW!     5. Little White Crate (Defense, Post-Plant)  

Valorant: Posts - Great Sniping Spots on Valorant's New Map, Icebox! image 13
Valorant: Posts - Great Sniping Spots on Valorant's New Map, Icebox! image 14
Valorant: Posts - Great Sniping Spots on Valorant's New Map, Icebox! image 15

This spot requires you to get up into the big container and then use an ability WHILE CROUCHING IN THE AIR to cram onto the ledge of this little white box. You can’t get onto it so squish into the gap but this spot is so random that players will be baffled that you’d even attempt this. I include this spot because it gives a strange off angle that also gives you a big peeker’s advantage on approaching enemies towards B-Site. The only thing to watch is the doorway on the left which will see you much better. If someone’s covering that though then you’re set to play one of the strangest positions I could find.   Again… this isn’t a very sniper-friendly map if the element of surprise is your playstyle. Nevertheless, there’s almost always some sort of spot to play that’ll make you a lot better because of positioning. Is it going to remain this way? I have no clue. But for now let’s just keep looking for some more spots and see what we can think of!

Comment 3

• Lux5Ny LV.5 Bandit Oct 21, 2020, 10:11 PM

bruh

• SkillzSimply LV.18 The Best Oct 24, 2020, 08:50 AM

oof

• epictomatosalad LV.5 Lurker Oct 25, 2020, 12:00 PM

!

Home