Yusuf "Alex" Harris verified LV.27 Good Leader
Aug 21, 2020, 01:20 AM 402 read

Valorant | How to Hack your Enemies' Brains as Killjoy

Valorant: Posts - Valorant | How to Hack your Enemies' Brains as Killjoy image 32

Killjoy has been out and about for a bit now, and it has been just long enough to know that there are worse things than Raze and Reyna. People are for the most part, still figuring her out. There are a few things that seem to be set in stone, as far as her playstyle is concerned, and I’d like to share them with you.

Valorant: Posts - Valorant | How to Hack your Enemies' Brains as Killjoy image 2

Most of Killjoy’s abilities are, for the most part, hands-off abilities. You put them somewhere, and they do their thing. All you have to think about is where the best place to put them is; this is where your German genius comes into play.     Nanoswarm

Valorant: Posts - Valorant | How to Hack your Enemies' Brains as Killjoy image 4

Out of Killjoy’s various abilities, it is hard to say which is more annoying, but Nanoswarm is surely in the top two. This ability is great flushing out enemies, securing down default planting positions, and covering flanks. The best use of this ability will most likely be found when you set it up rather than direct use. The art of setting up the perfect Nanoswarm takes a bit of predicting, but here are a few guidelines for great Nanoswarm placement. 1. Set it up in tight spaces that enemies will have to walk through. 2. Place it in the general area of the default planting positions 3. Stack it beside your Alarmbot for a quick kill. 4. Put it in a place that they will have to stop to shoot your turret. Say for instance that for some reason, you have your turret holding a short angle, on the edge of that angle, place a Nanoswarm below. The Nanoswarm damage along with the tagging slow from the turret will ensure you have another 200 credits under your belt.     Alarmbot

Valorant: Posts - Valorant | How to Hack your Enemies' Brains as Killjoy image 6

The Alarmbot is Killjoy’s least intimidating ability to deal with. It’s basically Cypher’s Trapwire and Viper’s Snake Bite into one ability. Now there are a lot of places you can put this thing, but never place it in the opening of a doorway or opening. This is simply giving enemies too much time to react to it if they are walking.  

Valorant: Posts - Valorant | How to Hack your Enemies' Brains as Killjoy image 18

An ideal placement is at the very edge of an angle, where as soon as the enemy comes into the radius of the Alarmbot, they are hit. There are a few things you can do to overwhelm an enemy hit my the Alarmbot. Here are some strategies anyone can implement when playing Killjoy.   1. The first is getting your hands dirty yourself and swinging on the vulnerable target. You really don’t have to get your hands dirty with this, as you have other abilities that kill but this will always be an option.   2. You can use your turret to take advantage of the double damage that is dealt to vulnerable targets. This will soften them up and ripen them for the plucking. This is not a means to an end, only a setup.   3. And finally, you can do the remote kill special, and end your enemies from across the map. You would do this by using your Nanoswarms and turret to kill a vulnerable enemy.     Turret

Valorant: Posts - Valorant | How to Hack your Enemies' Brains as Killjoy image 8

Now for Killjoy’s most notoriously annoying ability, Turrent. This little guy is the teammate that you’ve been praying for to hold an angle correctly. And while he can’t dish out much damage, he’ll make damn sure to pester your enemies before they even think about seeing another soul.   You’ll want to place these things in long angles where the enemy will have to peek. Examples of this would be on Split’s B site from Heaven to CT Spawn. Or Haven’s C Long to C site. This will be able to give you a heads up without actually having to expose yourself to danger.   Remember that the turrent only has a 180 view of the position that you put it, so don’t expect it to flick someone behind it. That said since the distance isn’t really a problem, it makes the most sense to put it in a place where its back is covered by a wall of some sort. This way, whoever does appear has to deal with the turret to get past it.   On a final note, don’t put turrets in small corners. This gives your enemy the ability to wallbang your turret without it ever actually seeing them; it’s not your job to make it easy for them.     Lockdown

Valorant: Posts - Valorant | How to Hack your Enemies' Brains as Killjoy image 10

Finally, the second spike of the game, Lockdown. By now everyone has surely been forced to back off from sites due to this ability, and give up otherwise salvageable situations. This is the effect you want out of Killjoy’s Ultimate: to force a reaction out of the enemy. Whether that reaction is to flee or to rush in to kill the Lockdown ability, you break the standstills that can occur.   There are a lot of things to take into consideration when planting Lockdown, but I will mention the four most important ones.   1. Make sure Lockdown is out of your enemies’ line of sight. If it is destroyed, it might as well have not existed and you lose a lot of pressure.   2. Try to place Lockdown in a place that takes time to access. For instance, say that you’re on Ascent as defenders and they are pushing A. If you are at Heaven, you would place your ultimate behind the wall which is both out of sight, and time-consuming to get to.   3. When choosing a place that is both covered and hard to access quickly, make sure the indicator for the range of the ultimate pushes the enemies completely off of the area you are trying to secure. Since Lockdown is a radius ability, when the circle meets right corners, gaps will appear if they are not completely engulfed. So if you must leave gaps in your lockdown, be sure to check if enemies have slipped their way into this little crannies and use their lack of mobility to secure a kill.   4. Finally, this is a playstyle tip. When there are three seconds left in your countdown, if there are any enemies left in the radius, this is your time to play as aggressive as you want. They will have to choose to continue the gunfight and be detained, or run away and get shot at. It is a lose-lose scenario in that situation and completely in your favor either way. Even if you die, that person will be detained which will either waste 8 seconds or wrap them up in a ribbon for your teammates to get a free kill.    

Valorant: Posts - Valorant | How to Hack your Enemies' Brains as Killjoy image 12

To play Killjoy’s kit to its full potential, you have to play a mind game as well as an FPS. To play Chess when the rest of the game is playing Checkers is to push Killjoy to her full potential. Never pick fair fights, always capitalize on enemies that are distracted by your abilities. If you don’t have to peek, don’t. Your turrets are there so you don’t have to. Know yourself, know the enemy, and you will remain unafraid of the outcome of 100 battles.   To play Killjoy is to play smarter, not harder. Happy hacking.  

Comment 20

• VeryBerryMan LV.21 4x Champion! Aug 21, 2020, 01:30 AM

Know yourself, know the enemy, a thousand battles, a thousand victories

• Yusuf "Alex" Harris verified LV.27 Good Leader Aug 21, 2020, 04:29 AM

A cultured man indeed you are.

• Godspeed0310 LV.5 Lurker Aug 31, 2020, 02:03 PM

Wow I actually didn't know about the 3 sec thing being a kj main I'll try it the next time I use my ulti thanks for the guides bro... appreciate it! also mostly I use alarmbot to conver flanks and if an enemy is trying to be sneaky and plant at the other site then their team so I'll know... and a lot of the times I use turret with me. for example in bind at A window... I place my turret right outside the window so I know exactly where an enemy would fire from...

• Yusuf "Alex" Harris verified LV.27 Good Leader Aug 31, 2020, 02:28 PM

three seconds is a general timing, but it's very effective.

• FinnParn1shka LV.8 Nomad Aug 23, 2020, 01:05 AM

Cool

• JayPlaysValorant LV.4 Lurker Aug 24, 2020, 03:16 PM

:/

• Ackerboi LV.3 Lurker Aug 26, 2020, 06:04 AM

Lol

• Piloog LV.12 Chief Aug 27, 2020, 07:40 AM

i

• Piloog LV.12 Chief Aug 27, 2020, 07:41 AM

just

• Piloog LV.12 Chief Aug 27, 2020, 07:41 AM

need