Yusuf "Alex" Harris verified LV.27 Good Leader
Aug 19, 2020, 02:12 AM 421 read

Valorant | The Road to Rampaging as Reyna (Reyna Guide)

Valorant: Posts - Valorant | The Road to Rampaging as Reyna (Reyna Guide) image 41

Of the four duelists in Valorant, none of them are deemed more worthy of the title than Reyna. Her entire kit is revolved around fighting, with little way of getting around that. This seemingly sadistic female was made for fragging and carrying a ten-ton team on your back, if you have the FPS mechanics for it.  

Valorant: Posts - Valorant | The Road to Rampaging as Reyna (Reyna Guide) image 2

So before hopping into the specifics of what you would need to do to play Reyna correctly, step one is just to be able to aim. If you can’t aim well, you might as well play Sage, as it won’t take any additional skill. A good gauge of how well you need to aim before being passable as Reyna would be getting 6 - 10 bots on medium difficulty with a Guardian consistently, I’d say. If you have that down even if your aim isn’t the best, with the help of Leer you should be able to get some value out of Devour and Dismiss before the round ends.    

Valorant: Posts - Valorant | The Road to Rampaging as Reyna (Reyna Guide) image 29

We’ll first start with the bread and butter ability, Leer. No doubt one of the best flashes in the game due to its duration, flexibility, and anti-friendly-fire nature. The difference between bad, good, and great Reyna players lies with where you place Leer. If you take nothing from this article, take this: never place Leer at body level right in front of you. This is making it too easy for your enemy to destroy the eye and you. Either place it high above your head, or below your feet. Flicking in Valorant is pretty terrible compared to other games, this is why following Raze’s Boombot is so strong. The recoil reset timer in Valorant is high enough where if they fire at one thing, they will be susceptible to another. That’s why peeking on Killjoy’s turret is a pain, and why placing your Leer in unorthodox places like above you or below you will work so well.   Another way you could use this ability with good coordination and timing is similar to a smoke. Each Leer lasts for 3 seconds and timed well which is 6 seconds of cover. You can potentially use it as a Phoenix Wall to move your teammates onto a site.    

Valorant: Posts - Valorant | The Road to Rampaging as Reyna (Reyna Guide) image 31

The next ability to pick apart is Devour. This ability empowers Reyna to go for risky trades without regard for future HP problems. I won’t go into the description of the ability as that would be boring, but I will say this: stop using Devour in an out in the open gunfight. In order to keep healing in check, bullets in Valorant stop healing for three seconds, so if you’re tagged while healing, not only are you not going to heal, you’ll take more damage and most likely die. A rule of thumb for this would be, if an enemy is 15 meters or less from you with an unobstructed line of sight, use Dismiss and not Devour. If you have cover that will last at least 2 seconds, line of sight to an orb, and are low on health, then use Devour. Simple, right?    

Valorant: Posts - Valorant | The Road to Rampaging as Reyna (Reyna Guide) image 8

Now for the “broken” part of Reyna, Dismiss. The sheer amount of gestures that go into Reyna’s abilities leave a lot of room for counterplay, but the nature of the abilities themselves opens many doors for outplaying. So when should you make use of this “over-powered” ability?   >Scenario 1: You are being shot at from multiple angles.   >Scenario 2: To get out of an ability, whether it is a Slow Orb, Molotov of some sort, or any area of effect ability.   >Scenario 3: When you are in Empress and you want to reposition, or even just use it for the sake of it, since you can’t use Devour.   >Scenario 4: Using this ability to peek potentially dangerous angles for information.   If at any point you feel that you have to react immediately to something, you can recast Dismiss to cancel it early.  

Valorant: Posts - Valorant | The Road to Rampaging as Reyna (Reyna Guide) image 10

Last but not least, we’re going to delve deeper into Reyna’s Ultimate, Empress. Reyna’s ultimate exist for the sole purpose of turning her into a super-soldier. You run, shoot, and reload faster. There is no need to be cautious when using this ability, just don’t hold onto it for several rounds in a row. A good time to use it would be, when you are against more than one enemy, at the beginning of a round after you have confirmed that there are enemies within reach, or in most situations in Bind, as there are many places to hide behind.   Hopefully, this has given guidance to those seeking to give Reyna a go and switch over. It’s important to note that, most of this article means nothing if your aim isn’t up to par, so keep that in mind. Good gunplay is the foundation of a ruthlessly rampant Reyna.

Comment 48

• VeryBerryMan LV.21 4x Champion! Aug 19, 2020, 02:17 AM

Very good post! But 6-10 bots on medium kind trash lol

• Yusuf "Alex" Harris verified LV.27 Good Leader Aug 19, 2020, 02:21 AM

You have to at least be able to hit something.

• VeryBerryMan LV.21 4x Champion! Aug 19, 2020, 02:22 AM

yeah, but you need to hit at least 15 if you want to be higher than like Silver 1

• Yusuf "Alex" Harris verified LV.27 Good Leader Aug 19, 2020, 02:23 AM

Fair fair. Maybe I'll up that. Thanks.

• Yusuf "Alex" Harris verified LV.27 Good Leader Aug 19, 2020, 02:22 AM

If you just go and say you got to get all thirty, what percentage of the people that read this will be able to do that? Also at the time I was thinking about it, I meant with a Guardian, not an automatic weapon.

• VeryBerryMan LV.21 4x Champion! Aug 19, 2020, 02:24 AM

oh that makes sense

• Yusuf "Alex" Harris verified LV.27 Good Leader Aug 19, 2020, 02:27 AM

When they have armor, you can only kill them with a headshot and you have one chance. I generally do that before a game. I'm actual trash with pistols though :( I use the Guardian because my eyesight isn't worth much, so the 1.25 Zoom gets me those headshots, hehe.

• BoTCheesecurd LV.15 I'm a Bot Aug 20, 2020, 01:30 AM

These kind of guides are helpful to the entire valorant community, thanks for doing this one and keep up the great work!

• Yusuf "Alex" Harris verified LV.27 Good Leader Aug 20, 2020, 01:50 AM

Thank you for your overwhelming support. I will indeed keep em' coming like hotcakes. Carnzicks has some pretty solid guides himself on Cypher and Breach.

• BoTCheesecurd LV.15 I'm a Bot Aug 20, 2020, 02:03 AM

Yeah I have seen some of his stuff. You two working together to get these guides going is really helpful. As an intermediate player I can still learn a lot from them.

• Yusuf "Alex" Harris verified LV.27 Good Leader Aug 20, 2020, 03:31 AM

Glad I could be of service. Coming out with a Killjoy one a bit later, hope to see you there. I'm tired of seeing people playing her completely wrong...

• BoTCheesecurd LV.15 I'm a Bot Aug 20, 2020, 06:10 AM

That would be great! I just got her. I think I’m doing pretty good with her, but I’m a duelist at heart😂

• DarkWolf23 LV.21 Dragon Aug 19, 2020, 02:40 AM

was this post for me?? cause thank you LOL

• Yusuf "Alex" Harris verified LV.27 Good Leader Aug 19, 2020, 03:12 AM

You're welcome bubs.

• DarkWolf23 LV.21 Dragon Aug 19, 2020, 03:16 AM

I literally main Reyna and my clips on here consists of Reyna and me in the practice range LOL

• Yusuf "Alex" Harris verified LV.27 Good Leader Aug 19, 2020, 04:04 AM

I find myself becoming a Reyna main as well. I love Sage and all, but if one more IDIOT keeps telling me to heal them after I have indicated to them multiple times that it is on cooldown, I'll actually go mad.

• DarkWolf23 LV.21 Dragon Aug 19, 2020, 04:22 AM

it happens a lot...literally not a single game without hearing "sage can I get a heal" I only ever ask for a heal when my friends that I'm queued up with is sage

• Yusuf "Alex" Harris verified LV.27 Good Leader Aug 19, 2020, 04:48 AM

To be fair, most Sages aren't constantly checking their allies' health bar, and you really do have to ask. I guess maybe I am not considering this, because I always take notice of my team's health.

• DarkWolf23 LV.21 Dragon Aug 19, 2020, 08:32 AM

Yusuf "Alex" Harris  well then you're a great sage LOL cause literally, I've played with sages that suck. they don't heal anyone but themselves, they entry frag and die. or never res anyone when it's needed most...

• Guppy3194 LV.4 Lurker Aug 19, 2020, 03:18 AM

nice

• Joash Joshy LV.21 Lifeline Main Aug 19, 2020, 05:30 AM

Wow

• saku LV.19 Mod Aug 19, 2020, 08:52 AM

Ah yes Alex Senpai~

• Yusuf "Alex" Harris verified LV.27 Good Leader Aug 19, 2020, 01:20 PM

<3

• CrazyTitan1 LV.9 Professional Noob Aug 20, 2020, 07:47 AM

Nice

• ♡Layla LV.3 Lurker Aug 20, 2020, 03:45 PM

i love it!