VeryBerryMan LV.23 The Best
Aug 18, 2020, 01:27 AM 42 read

Why are G2 so dominant?

G2 recently beat Funplus Phoenix to win the Allied Esports Odyssey tournament. This marks the latest win in a long streak for them. G2 is without a doubt the best team in EU right now, and possibly in the world. So, what makes them so good? This is what I set out to answer with this post. After monitoring their games since launch, here are some things I've noticed.   They aren't afraid to take their fights. G2's players are some of the most skilled aimers in the game, and they know it. They aren't afraid to take a 1v1, and rarely back down. This also adds to the fear factor, when other teams face them, they are generally scared of the raw skill of the players. This is also shown, as many rounds that G2 win, one player is getting 3 or 4 kills. The fact that they aren't afraid to take isolated, and even 1v2 fights, is a great asset to the team.   They are very unpredictable. G2 has been criticized a lot for their pubs like style of play. However, that play-style works very well for them as it makes them very unpredictable. With little in the way of set in stone tactics, they change up what they are doing nearly every round. From moving around which agents defend where, to, if they try to hold mid one round, the next round, they might give it up entirely, and fall back onto site. On offense, they even switch up who is using the OP every once in a while. This unpredictable style is one of the biggest keys to their success.   They have great team synergy. If you study the way G2 plays, you can quickly see the synergy of the team. Whenever one of them rotate, or take a fight, or use an ability, you can tell that they are telling their team what they're doing, and then the rest of the team can play around that. They are one of the best teams in the world, in communication among the teammates, and that makes them really good in other matters as well.   They don't tilt. Even if they lose a few bad rounds, G2 still has the innate ability to rally, and destroy the enemy team, and make it look easy. I don't know how they do it, maybe some rousing inspirational speeches by one team member or another, but I haven't seen a team like that, who can lose a few rounds, but come back and flawless them, as if they never even lost. This makes enemy teams, even ones that are winning, nervous, as if they ever let their guard down, they could get destroyed.   Those are some of the things that I noticed, that make G2 one of the best teams in the world right now. See you on the Battlefield!

Comment 5

• OG_Void LV.21 Shotcaller Aug 18, 2020, 02:40 PM

These are great points, I applaud you. But, G2 is just a powerhouse in any game it has a team for. Look at their R6 team for example, they are a powerhouse in EU. And the points you made, can be made for the siege team. G2 is just always a really strong team throughout any game. I'm sure if they made a Wii Sport team, they'd find a way to dominate. Great post though

• VeryBerryMan LV.23 The Best Aug 18, 2020, 09:12 PM

G2 is a really good org with good money, so it can afford to sign good players, and good coaches and trainers for them. The R6 team has kinda fallen off from their glory days though. The new team with CTZN and Virtue looks interesting, but not as good as the old one with Fabian

• OG_Void LV.21 Shotcaller Aug 18, 2020, 11:51 PM

True. But even if they fell off a little. They still dominate bc yeah they are that global powerhouse with the money. But, they also pick up the best players which in turn make them more of a powerhouse and generates more money for better things. Any of us wouldnt mind being in that org

• VeryBerryMan LV.23 The Best Aug 19, 2020, 01:21 AM

I definitely wouldn't mind if they picked me up

• OG_Void LV.21 Shotcaller Aug 19, 2020, 01:33 AM

Anyone wouldn't mind. You just have to be one of the best at your job

Home