VeryBerryMan LV.22 The Best
Aug 7, 2020, 10:00 PM 42 read

Predictions for the Faze Valorant Invitational

After the first day of the Faze Valorant Invitational, the group stage is over and many good teams have been eliminated from the competition. Most notably, Lemonade Stand, RIP #neverforget However, from the teams that remain, I think I can make some predictions on what will happen. There's a good chance that I am completely wrong, but based on what I've seen from this tourney, and previous ones, I believe in my ability to make somewhat good predictions. If you want to see the bracket it's here: https://liquipedia.net/valorant/FaZe_Clan_Invitational scroll down to find the playoff bracket. The first match is Sentinels vs. Faze Clan. I think it's a no-brainer that Sentinels will win. They are by far the favorites, and while I'm not going to completely rule out Faze, they are a team that was basically made 2 days ago. They have not had enough time to train together as a team and build synergy. Therefore, I predict that the current champions Sentinels will win. Second match: Cloud 9 vs. Envy. Once again, I think the favorites will win, Cloud 9. I actually think that Cloud 9 will win the whole tournament, here why. Cloud 9 is really an up-and coming team, that has been consistently getting better every tournament, and every game. You can see that they're putting the work in, and really clicking as a team. I think they can beat Envy, who is really a mediocre team, somewhat easily. An amazing lineup of superstar TenZ, battle sage Mitch, Relyks, an insane support player, backed by the brains of Shinobi, who is in my opinion, one of the smartest players in the game right now. If they play as they are playing now, I think that they could realistically, take on any team and beat them, except for maybe Gen. G, who I will talk about in a bit.   Third match: T1 vs. TSM. I think this match will be an absolute nail-biter. It seems almost wrong that these 2 would meet in the quarterfinals. But, in the end, I think TSM will prevail. Every-time these 2 teams meet, it seems that TSM is just able to get one-up on T1. TSM seems to be kind of a kryptonite to T1, like Sentinels seems to be to TSM. And, I think TSM is very hungry to get back on top. At one point, everyone was singing their praises as the best team in NA. Then, they kind of fell off. Now, they really want to be back on top. For these reasons, I predict that TSM will defeat T1.   Fourth match: Gen. G vs. Immortals. I think that Gen. G will win this match. Based on what I'm seeing from Immortals, I'm not very impressed. I think they are an okay team, but they just don't seem to have the drive to go far in this tournament. Gen. G on the other hand is a very interesting case. They are a very good team, with no real superstar. However, they are all quite competent, and have great team synergy. They are also a a very smart calculating team like Sentinels. The way they play also makes them, in my opinion, one of the only teams that can stand up to Cloud 9, who I think will win. However, I don't think the will meet in this tournament. This is why I think Gen. G will win.   Final results: Those are all the matches we know will happen, who wins these matches will be decided tonight. However, my predictions on who wins it all, and who places where have kind of been revealed. 1st place: Cloud 9. 2nd place: TSM. I think that they can go far, but will ultimately just fall short. 3rd place: T1. I think that they can make a Cinderella run in the losers bracket, but just fall short of making it to the finals. 4th place: Gen G. I think they can overcome their nemesis in Sentinels to make it farther then them, but be defeated by T1 in the losers bracket eventually.   Those are my predictions, remember to leave yours in the comments below. See you on the Battlefield!

Comment 3

• VeryBerryMan LV.22 The Best Aug 8, 2020, 09:00 AM

already C9 lost to Envy, oof, there goes my prediction

• VeryBerryMan LV.22 The Best Aug 8, 2020, 09:32 PM

I went 2-2, TSM did beat T1, but Immortals beat Gen. G. Luckily, there is a lower bracket, so my predictions for who wins the whole tourney can still succeed if everything goes right.

• VeryBerryMan LV.22 The Best Aug 8, 2020, 09:33 PM

T1 actually lost in the losers bracket, 2-0 to Gen. G. so now they're eliminated. bruh

Home