VeryBerryMan LV.23 The Best
Aug 2, 2020, 02:05 AM 155 read

How to Counter the Operator

Many people in the Valorant community, from Iron 1s to pro players, have complained about the Operator meta. Whether this is actually a real thing and not just people mad that they got one tapped from an angle they didn't know existed is up for debate. But one thing is clear, the Operator can be extremely strong in the right hands. So, you may wonder, is there any way to avoid getting destroyed by it, round after round? I made a separate post talking about how best to use the Operator (you can find it on my profile), and now I shall give some advice on how to counter it.   1. Use utility to push them off angles. A great way to counter an Operator is to either smoke, or flash/blind them. You will probably observe that their are a couple of very popular spots for Snipers on any map. Smoking these off, or flashing/blinding them is a great way to make sure you can't get hit. This won't work all the time, but it will probably save your life a couple times a game.   2. Jiggle Peaking. Many pro players use jiggle peaking to bait out shots and counter operators. The technique is done by moving to the right or left of an obstacle/wall but only to the point where only a little bit of your characters body is showing, then quickly moving back behind cover. This can make Snipers fire and miss you as you get back into cover quickly. Then, while the sniper reloads, you can push them, and possibly get the kill. This technique is similar to counter strafing, especially for Attackers.   3. Fight Fire with Fire. Using an Operator yourself can be one of the best ways to counter enemy Operators (read my other post on how to best use the Operator). If you can out-snipe them, you can give your team a big advantage by taking away their sniper. Also, you can use jiggle peaking to make them miss a shot, then you can hold the angle and get a kill if they re-peak the same angle. After all, the only thing that can beat the most dangerous gun in the game is someone else using it against them.   4. Get creative and hit them from unexpected angles. Directly fighting an Operator with a rifle or other gun can go very poorly. Thus, you must get creative to take out enemy snipers, especially if you don't have one on your team. For instance, if you're pushing A site on Split, and there is a sniper in Long. You can flash them to make them look away, then push up ramps into heaven, and run a long flank into Defenders side, and eliminate the sniper by pushing into his blind side on the right side.   I hope you found this guide helpful and informative. See you on the battlefield!

Comment 7

• CGApple LV.20 Wizard Aug 2, 2020, 02:24 AM

THIS IS A MUST READ!
    The amount of times I see people continuously peeking against an Operator, then give up morale because the Operator is "overpowered".

• VeryBerryMan LV.23 The Best Aug 2, 2020, 02:35 AM

i feel that

• Impowerk LV.11 Chief Aug 2, 2020, 03:04 AM

when are they going to delete the OP?

• VeryBerryMan LV.23 The Best Aug 2, 2020, 08:01 AM

I doubt they're ever going to delete the gun from the game

• Impowerk LV.11 Chief Aug 2, 2020, 11:05 AM

make that gun soooooo expensive no one can buy

• VeryBerryMan LV.23 The Best Aug 2, 2020, 11:06 AM

I dont know about that, but I would definitely support a price hike to 5000 creds

• Impowerk LV.11 Chief Aug 2, 2020, 11:10 AM

yup

Home