Yusuf "Alex" Harris verified LV.26 Hero
Aug 1, 2020, 07:24 PM 377 read

Crosshair Creation 101

Valorant: Posts - Crosshair Creation 101 image 2

No one can argue the importance of a crosshair in Valorant. There is one common issue that plagues new and experienced players alike, and that’s finding the right crosshair. For your first few days of Valorant, you will find yourself fumbling about in the crosshair settings. Getting better at aiming is a process, and it all starts with what’s in the middle of your screen: the crosshair.    

Valorant: Posts - Crosshair Creation 101 image 6

The best crosshairs aren’t very flashy, but they’re effective. There are a few things to consider when creating a crosshair as well. Naturally, you’ll use many weapons but you’ll want to create a crosshair that matches your usual choice of weaponry. Long-range weapons like the Vandal and Guardian should not have a center dot, or at least a really small one with tiny crosshairs. Close range to mid-range weapons like the Phantom, Specter, and Stinger work well with a dot and a crosshair of reasonable size so you can better keep your crosshairs on your enemies as they whiz past you. With crosshairs, it’s the little things that make a big difference.     1. First and foremost, never make the width of a crosshair an odd number because it will be uneven. An uneven crosshair doesn’t really matter if you’re shooting at someone’s body, but if you’re gunning for headshots, you’re going to have a bad time.   Unless you’re one of the mongrels that insist on using a single dot for a crosshair, make your Center Dot as small as possible. When dealing with long-range fights, things tend to shrink, and tracking someone’s head with a center dot bigger than 5-pixel is doomed to end up with you dead.   2. When you have a long, thick cross or many elements to your crosshair, reduce the opacity of your crosshairs so you can see behind it. If you have a crosshair that’s bigger than penny, you’re basically blindfolding yourself at greater distances. If you insist on a big crosshair, reduce the opacity, or in simpler terms, make it translucent.   3. Next, for smaller crosshairs make sure to define them with outlines. When you crosshair gets to a certain size, it’s sure to get lost sometimes in the middle of the fight. Depending on the color and which map, it can be disorienting for your crosshair to seemingly disappear from your screen. A solution to this problem would be to add an outline to your crosshair. It doesn’t need to be a ridiculous size, 1 or 2-pixels should do the trick.   4. Last, but not least, choose what works for you. Looking around for what pros use doesn’t exactly make sense. They picked what is working for them, that doesn’t necessarily mean that the crosshair is OP, so to speak. That said, if you are uncertain about what you want in the middle of your screen, taking a sneak peek at pros’ crosshairs isn’t a problem. Another way to discover many other crosshairs is to turn on the (Show Spectatored Players’ Crosshair) setting.    

Valorant: Posts - Crosshair Creation 101 image 8

Crosshairs are a key part to any FPS since without them you’ll need to find the middle of your screen yourself. As one of the few games that gives players the ability to choose and create their crosshair, Valorant’s crosshair tab is a place where you can spend tens of minutes fiddling around with your crosshair. That said, what I wish to do here is list some effective crosshairs I’ve seen and recreated, as well as ask the community to share some of their cool crosshairs. Hopefully, this will help you in your search to find the perfect crosshair for you. Send a picture of your crosshair in the comments or DMs along with your crosshair settings and let’s build this post into a crosshair bank for future players to reference.   Since you lead by setting an example, I’ll share a few of the more creative crosshairs I’ve conjured while doing target practice. The first five unique and effective crosshairs I receive will be added to this post and accredited to your @.

Valorant: Posts - Crosshair Creation 101 image 4

Comment 19

• VeryBerryMan LV.20 Bamboozled Aug 1, 2020, 09:08 PM

Guess I'm a mongrel

• Yusuf "Alex" Harris verified LV.26 Hero Aug 1, 2020, 09:10 PM

It's okay, you'll get past it lol.

• VeryBerryMan LV.20 Bamboozled Aug 1, 2020, 09:11 PM

I actually changed up my cross hair recently, so now I don't have a dot anymore

• Yusuf "Alex" Harris verified LV.26 Hero Aug 1, 2020, 09:12 PM

Perfect. :) Welcome to civilization. haha

• Widdow LV.7 Good Leader Aug 2, 2020, 04:35 AM

Nicee

• Reedbooks34 LV.19 Sage Aug 3, 2020, 03:32 AM

Green

• Yusuf "Alex" Harris verified LV.26 Hero Aug 3, 2020, 03:40 AM

Green?

• Reedbooks34 LV.19 Sage Aug 3, 2020, 05:03 AM

GREEN😉

• Kohi マキァート LV.7 Carry Me Aug 3, 2020, 06:12 PM

Green.

• Reedbooks34 LV.19 Sage Aug 3, 2020, 08:00 PM

¿neerg

• mintchocchip LV.4 Lurker Aug 4, 2020, 02:50 AM

Grin

• Xalia LV.7 Nomad Aug 6, 2020, 02:21 AM

Saw this crosshair today. Did pretty good in the match

• Yusuf "Alex" Harris verified LV.26 Hero Aug 6, 2020, 02:36 AM

Interesting looking crosshair. it's quite big isn't it?

• Yusuf "Alex" Harris verified LV.26 Hero Aug 6, 2020, 02:37 AM

for a dot anyway

• Xalia LV.7 Nomad Aug 6, 2020, 02:40 AM

Yeah it's pretty big and isn't transparent. Makes me wonder how he got kills lol

• Yusuf "Alex" Harris verified LV.26 Hero Aug 6, 2020, 02:41 AM

To each his own. lol

• O C 1 A N L Y LV.17 GG Aug 4, 2020, 12:07 AM

Nice..

• O C 1 A N L Y LV.17 GG Aug 4, 2020, 12:08 AM

👍

• General Blood 931 LV.7 Nomad Aug 6, 2020, 04:58 AM

🔥🔥🔥

Home