Roiden verified LV.21 S
Jun 27, 2020, 08:28 AM 69 read

Can Other Game Modes Work in Valorant?

As with most popular FPS games, there’s been talk about the game modes that Valorant has and will have to offer. As of now, players are getting ready to take ranked by storm. But, at one point, the craze will slow down and we’ll see players questioning if there will be ways to practice their aim in other game modes or just enjoy other game modes as alternatives to the regular competitive games and Spike Rush. Would other game modes work, though? I think with some tinkering, yes.  

Valorant: Posts - Can Other Game Modes Work in Valorant? image 2

One popular gamemode we see in many other games is Team Deathmatch. Players fight to a kill limit to see which team can outplay the other. Usually it’s a pretty barebones gamemode. Everyone has access to the same guns and you just fight on a map until a timer runs out or a team gets a point limit. I think this would be a very good gamemode to have and it can even work without tweaking anything about the agents. I think it’s something Riot Games can look into doing that would change the game entirely, but beneficially.  

Valorant: Posts - Can Other Game Modes Work in Valorant? image 4

Capture the Flag is another all time favorite. I personally see this gamemode working but needing some changes. Omen’s ultimate ability is overpowered as he would be able to teleport to or away from flags and with flags, which is extremely unfair. Either the powers for Omen and other characters would need to be removed (some moves such as ultimates) or there would need to be some mechanical changes. Maybe players can’t use powers while carrying the flag. Maybe using powers with the flag will make it drop from your grasp (add a pickup cooldown, also). If these changes don’t come, I wouldn’t dare touch the game mode because I don’t want to get angry at such an amazing game!  

Valorant: Posts - Can Other Game Modes Work in Valorant? image 6

Domination would be a fun gamemode to see. I’m not completely sure if there would be an overpowered agent but I can see that some powers would definitely make it hard to take points without being shot down. I wouldn’t recommend having this game mode unless the powers were manipulated a little to suit the needs of a fair match. This one is probably a no go.  

Valorant: Posts - Can Other Game Modes Work in Valorant? image 8

Gun Game is always fun to play and I think it would be awesome in Valorant. I’m not sure if powers would be incorporated and what they would count towards… but there’s opportunity and ideas everywhere. There’s one cool idea I had for it, though. Rather than have players focus on getting kills with guns to advance, they should have two advancements to be making. The first one is guns but simultaneously they should be working on getting kills with certain agent abilities. Not every agent has a killing ability that makes sense, though. How could this be worked out is still beyond me but there’s definitely a chance to have an awesome version of Gun Game.  

Valorant: Posts - Can Other Game Modes Work in Valorant? image 10

Finally we should think about Free for All coming to Valorant. It’s an awesome game mode to display your individual skill and I think we could have a lot of good things come from it if Riot Games incorporated it into Valorant. Are some characters more overpowered than others, though? Well, Sage is predominantly a healer and her ultimate is seemingly useless without a teammate. Surely there’d be more issues we can find and I just don’t see the game mode working until some mechanical changes are made to how the match works. Possible? Yes, but with changes.  

Valorant: Posts - Can Other Game Modes Work in Valorant? image 12

It seems like there’s plenty of opportunity for the future of Valorant if there were new game modes added but there’s a need to evaluate the mechanics of the characters and the game modes themselves. It’s definitely possible that we’ll be seeing more of those game modes in the future and I’ll definitely be checking them out the moment they’re released. As for now though, we’ll all be playing the new ranked mode as soon as it’s released. Hopefully it meets our needs until then!

Comment 9

• TheAverageAgentYT LV.18 Sage Jun 27, 2020, 01:32 PM

why did you leave "Team Deathmatch"?

• Roiden verified LV.21 S Jun 27, 2020, 06:59 PM

It's included. Did you not see it?

• TheAverageAgentYT LV.18 Sage Jun 28, 2020, 12:55 AM

the first category you mentioned.. I think these best fit for Call of duty. it would be redundant game. Even valorant is redundant.. Adding these modes make them more redundant.. TBH

• Roiden verified LV.21 S Jun 28, 2020, 01:04 AM

Ah I see what you mean. I'm just mentioning game modes that are popular in many games all around. Call of Duty isn't the only one that has these. I think Valorant needs more game modes but the main idea is trying to see what would work and what wouldn't. I personally think before something like new game modes happen, we need new maps and agents. But afterwards, game modes will be a must in my opinion.

• RandomIsDumb LV.4 Lurker Jun 29, 2020, 08:12 AM

In my opinion the only game mode that would work is gun game but you would need to take away all abilities, because saga could sit in a corner and snipe then heal so that would make only the operators that can heal them selfs op

• RandomIsDumb LV.4 Lurker Jun 29, 2020, 08:18 AM

If they made all operators with no powers every game mode could work

• TheAverageAgentYT LV.18 Sage Jun 29, 2020, 01:25 PM

RandomIsDumb  Valorant is tactical shooter! We shouldn't forget that... i agree with what you said

• MrWallManMain verified LV.31 Mod Jun 28, 2020, 01:06 AM

So I haven’t had the pleasure to play the game personally yet, but what I’ve seen looks really promising.
    I really like the idea of free for all, as a far more chaotic and fast paced mode compared to the usual game mode, especially with all the unique abilities!

• Roiden verified LV.21 S Jun 28, 2020, 01:33 AM

Yep definitely! I just feel bad for some characters being more offensive and some being more defensive. Sage has no abilities to use lethally and her ultimate is a revive... so it's useless. There would have to be some balancing to have each agent actually make sense to play, or else everyone would just use the same agent.

Home