Roiden verified LV.21 S
Jun 22, 2020, 09:15 AM 398 read

5 Things Valorant Does That Will Change Future Games

Valorant is a very unique game. I’ve been saying since day 1 that there’s going to be a time in the future that games are going to be compared to Valorant when they’re being released. I’m staying true to that thought and showing you 5 examples of things that are unique in Valorant that I also think will lead to game mechanics being changed in the future (to reflect Valorant or not).  

Valorant: Posts - 5 Things Valorant Does That Will Change Future Games image 2

1. Perfect Moving Accuracy - Few to no games have perfect aiming accuracy. Yet, there’s guns in Valorant that actually help people land that easy kill without stopping their movement. Now, this isn’t possible while running or falling (from what I’ve tested) but, while walking, you’re able to hit one-taps with certain guns if your reticule is on the enemy. Whether this is for the better or worse is up for debate, but it isn’t being abused at the moment since most people don’t know about it (I hope I’m not ruining the secret…).  

Valorant: Posts - 5 Things Valorant Does That Will Change Future Games image 4

2. Distance Damage Description - I can’t name a single game that has a description of the guns’ damage from different ranges. It’s hard enough to find games that reduce damage according to distance, but Valorant went all out with telling us which guns have damage that depends on range and also tells us how much each body part’s selective damage. I highly believe this is an important factor in the game and better prepares players who are choosing to play at longer distances with their guns.  

Valorant: Posts - 5 Things Valorant Does That Will Change Future Games image 6

3. Selling and Buying Option - The most wonderful thing about Valorant is the selling option. As long as you bought the item in the current round’s buy-time, you can sell it which is awesome. It’s always been a problem in games like CS:GO where a misbuy leads to a gun being left in spawn or thrown in a corner (or out of the map if possible). This is super helpful with coordinating players’ buys and it’s something that I can DEFINITELY see being incorporated into future games. Also, being able to request a gun and be bought directly is awesome so we can prevent having guns stolen when bought for us and it also allows players without mics to quickly get their questions across to their teammates. Great job!  

Valorant: Posts - 5 Things Valorant Does That Will Change Future Games image 8

4. Open Movement Before Rounds - This is a big one. Being able to move around before a round saves a lot of time for players and makes rounds less boring. You’re able to set up before rounds and it’s also a lot easier to make peeks at the start of rounds equal. A common problem I had in CS:GO was trying to figure out which spawn points were the best for peeking A site, B site, or mid. Would I be able to beat the enemy to the peek? I didn’t know for sure. In Valorant you have most places either visibly equal or if there’s an advantage, it’s clear from the start. I’m definitely looking forward to more stuff like this in the future.  

Valorant: Posts - 5 Things Valorant Does That Will Change Future Games image 10

5. Smaller Maps - You may not be able to tell, but the maps are smaller than you think in the game. Rotations are super quick and you have more time to think and work things out. Something like this is super important since having to cross a map in most other games takes way too long. With the use of ultimates and other powers (or simply walking), you’re able to go to the other site and start plotting your way in. No round is impossible to win if your opponent gets the plant and going forward, I’d love to see games have smaller maps like this. It makes the game quicker, more enticing, and overall a pleasure to play and watch.  

Valorant: Posts - 5 Things Valorant Does That Will Change Future Games image 12

There’s so many reasons to play Valorant these days and these were only 5 of the many reasons. Going forward, I’m hoping companies will produce games to reflect Valorant a lot more. It’s enjoyable, refreshing, and would give a little twist on the competitive scene! I’m really hoping that the game continues to grow as much as it can and helps other games become the best they can be, also! Enjoy!

Comment 0

Home