HollowKing LV.13 Insomniac
Jun 12, 2020, 04:19 AM 139 read

How Valorant's 25 Rounds Turn Off Casual Players

Valorant is Riot Games' attempt at games like Overwatch and CS:GO, but for casual players (like me) this game is one that I’ll be skipping. The reasoning for that is the large time investment that a single Valorant match takes. Although in some special occasions ( such as a long-standing tie ) Overwatch matches can last for a significant period of time. In Valorant, every match continues until either a total of 25 rounds or when a single team reaches a total of 13 round victories.

Valorant: Posts - How Valorant's 25 Rounds Turn Off Casual Players image 2

Each Valorant round is similar to a CS:GO round, and with a significant amount of waiting that each player is required to do to set up at a location or buy their required equipment. This leads the rounds to last significantly longer when compared to Overwatch’s rounds which are action-packed usually having the player immediately forced into a firefight with the other team. The longer rounds are most definitely one of the reasons that more casual players might be skipping this game as the longer rounds make the game feel a bit more tedious rather than fun and action-packed.

Valorant: Posts - How Valorant's 25 Rounds Turn Off Casual Players image 4

Another significant reason that I, as a casual player, is that to win a match a team must win 13 rounds total. That is a lot of rounds when considering Overwatch’s or CS:GO’s round winning total to be roughly 6 or so. The maximum of 25 rounds makes the thought of just joining a round significantly hard to wrap my head around.   One final point that really showcases why casual players might be avoiding this game is the speed in which the characters move. While the characters may have abilities like Overwatch the speed is much similar to CS:GO, Slow methodical and most of all focused.

Valorant: Posts - How Valorant's 25 Rounds Turn Off Casual Players image 6

One key thought to this is that I don’t think Valorant was made with players like me in mind, casual players that are, It’s designed for people that can have that long time investment and enjoy those moments of waiting for the enemy to round the corner.   What do you think? If you’re a Casual Player, Do you not worry about the time investment of up to 25 rounds?

Comment 5

• StabberGirl LV.19 Champion Jun 12, 2020, 07:13 AM

Well if you and your team is good enough 13 rounds are made easily. Had many quick matches tho.

And I don't want to play csgo anymore. Got a big brake from it and lost it now completely. Overwatch is a very good game but I don't want to spend that much money for that game tbh and not playing it very much because either I would be too and and I'll not play it that much. So Valorant is with Rainbow and Real Royale my favorite shooter game. And you only pointed the bad arguments out but not the good ones. Because it's your personal opinion. Well I don't judge it. But there are several good points, at least for me. But I'm too tired right now xD

• HollowKing LV.13 Insomniac Jun 12, 2020, 10:24 AM

I agree I did focus on the bad points due to that being my personal opinion of the game.
    But from a mechanics standpoint, it seemingly is built for a longer playing session and if you can have that long time investment it seems like an okay/good game.

• ChaoticAwkward LV.4 Lurker Jun 14, 2020, 08:49 AM

I am also a casual gamer, so I'm SUPER glad that they added a Spike Rush mode. I do enjoy the normal mode, but I don't have the patience to sit and play until someone reaches 13 😑

• HollowKing LV.13 Insomniac Jun 18, 2020, 03:19 AM

I understand that completely, I might have to look into playing it on Spike Rush mode if that is a quicker way of playing the game!

• ChaoticAwkward LV.4 Lurker Jun 18, 2020, 03:59 AM

Yeah, definitely! It's first to 4 wins, loadouts are randomized, and it's just a lot funner than the other mode imo

Home