Valorant: Quick Rank 2.0 Breakdown!

Hey there, Valorant veterans!

With the addition of Act 2 and the latest update, I wanted to breakdown a bit of the new Act Ranks that arrived. First off, unfortunately, most people’s ranks have been reset at this time, but on the positive side, many new ways of being commended for your skill is available now in Act 2’s system. The first of the details provided on this Act Rank is your immediate “Proven Skill”, which is your highest over-all achievement for that act. For example, if you succeed in a total of eight back-to-back gold victories, but then drop a few games later due to a sudden poor internet connection, your profile will still show off only those gold victories.

The new ranked system will also include specifically your highest ranked wins for the entire act, as well as your number of total ranked wings for the over-all Act. IF you’re worried about the seasonal idea of this, as I’m sure many are, don’t worry! While your rank will be reset with the coming of a new act, the previous season’s progress will be permanently contained in a solid emblem you can display on your profile at any time! I’ve provided an image of this below, so your hard-earned victories will always be there to show off.

At specific intervals through-out your ranked Valorant career, specifically 9, 25, 50, 75, and 100, the border on your Ranked emblem will change. These will also stick permanently once the Act ends, so be sure to try and get as high up in the ranks as possible! (Not like you weren’t going to try already.)

The most unfortunate part of this, as I mentioned earlier, is that your current ranks were already reset and if you haven’t gotten the chance to log in since the update, you’ll need to go ahead and do your placement games again. On the plus side, these games are following the Act 1 matchmaking idea, so there shouldn’t be too much of a change from the first placement games you played already. Once these placement games are completed, you’ll most likely be starting off a little lower in the Ranks than before, but don’t get discouraged! This is to help players find winnable games and get a kick-start to their new Rank as quickly as possible.

So, how far have some of you gotten in the new Act and have you gotten a shiny new Rank badge? Show it off in the comments!

Valorant: Quick Rank 2.0 Breakdown! +2
Valorant: Quick Rank 2.0 Breakdown!
Rowan
Rowan Rowan
verified LV.17 Fearless 25d

Valorant: Putting a Showstopper On Killjoy!

Hey there, Valorant folks!

So, Killjoy released just a few weeks ago and from what I’ve heard, she’s been living up to her name sake lately! So, instead of trying to help you give a guide on how to wreck with her, I’m going to give you a quick tip on how to counter each of her specific gadgets. We’re going to start with her Nanoswarm, costing her 200 credits and having two charges of them, this nasty little toy has enough bite to kill a player in roughly two seconds of ticking damage (Trust me, I did the math) so if you find yourself caught in it, you’ve got very little breathing room to try and escape it.

Your best bet is to try and locate the device before it goes off and use either your weapon or an ability to try and destroy it before Killjoy can catch you in its swarm. Some abilities will make this easier, such as the eye that cuts visibility, allowing you to move on the device without immediately getting shot, but there’s a risk to this that ties into another on of Killjoy’s gadgets.

Her Alarmbot (sounds like a World of Warcraft Gnome invention, if we’re going to be honest), can detect an enemy and with a blaring alarm reaction, will also leap and explode on the poor victim (that’s you, my dear reader), applying a debuff that will make any damage you suffer be doubled, very much like Viper’s own Fragile debuff. If the Killjoy player is smart, they’ll double up on the Alarmbot and the nanoswarm purely for the reason of, even if you destroy the Alarmbot, the Killjoy player is still alerted to your actions and will most likely detonate the nanoswarm to try and catch you before you can escape. If you’re still going to try and challenge this little toy, I recommend trying to pick it out of the scenery from a distance, so you’re not caught in any resulting gadgets that follow up its destruction.

Her next ability is her turret and while equally as destructive as her others, dealing with it is marginally easier, since the turret only has a frontal cone for its view. If you can spot the turret from a few paces away and from behind, very similar to Torb’s turret from Overwatch, you should be able to destroy the turret or simply avoid it and reposition your current movement around the threat. I’d also recommend keeping your team aware of its location, if possible, so someone doesn’t make the mistake you just avoided. This stands as a solid rule for most of Killjoy’s kit; remain extremely aware of your surroundings and be prepared to take an alternate route to the objective at a moments notice.

Finally, we have Killjoy’s ultimate, which is a trap built to confine a victim to a dome-shaped area and make them a prime victim for her listed abilities above. Luckily enough for you, the dome can be destroyed. The issue is, you’re running the risk of a nano-swarm going off while inside the dome and there’s little you can do without a means to escape. Abilities, weapons, any tool you’ve got to break the shield before Killjoy can capitalize on her trap is your best bet and to help a team-mate from outside if you know they’re stuck within. Team-work makes the dream work, as they say, and the coordination help you in the long run.

In conclusion, Killjoy easily brings some fun toys to the party but with enough patience and spatial awareness, you can avoid her traps and send the killjoy right back in her direction! If you guys know some other counters, let me know in the comments!

Valorant: Putting a Showstopper On Killjoy! +2
Valorant: Putting a Showstopper On Killjoy!
Rowan
Rowan Rowan
verified LV.17 Fearless 1mo

Valorant: Why Hold Your Power Back?

Hey there, Valorant folks!

Today, I wanted to talk to you guys briefly about the lack of ability usage in Deathmatch games. While I personally understand this decision, I also believe it’s a poor one for players who are trying to get a feel for the game through a somewhat-slower game mode. One could argue that this mode is meant to focus specifically around gun play and using the strategy of that, but I disagree, considering that the higher up modes all have abilities enabled.

If the player wanted to specifically focus on gun-play ( or melee looped in), then other hero shooters are available, such as Rainbow Six, which is 95% weapon play with the specific gadgets thrown in. Removing the unique ability kits from a scenario where showing ones true skill with them is most important just seems like a very poor decision to me.

The concept of balance is surely coming up in you guys’ minds, given how absolutely powerful some of the abilities in Valorant can be, using Viper as an example after her recent buff. Her poison clouds could lock down an area in a Deathmatch and prove extremely disruptive, but so could a very large number of other characters. Remove these aspects from the game over-all and you’re left with everyone using relatively the same weapons, as well as being stuck without any abilities to help learn and strategize around.

If you’ve managed to become a super sharp aim with your SMG or rifle for example in Deathmatches, that’s all well and good, but as soon as you go in to a legitimate game, you’ve got Viper’s poisons to deal with, the sight-stealing eyes and a whole colorful array of other abilities to deal with. This goes so far beyond the basic idea of aiming and shooting and encourages players to actually grow complacent with attacks and tricks they can’t predict as easily as a weapon being aimed at them. Not to mention the dullness that comes along with another basic hero-shooter mode.

Valorant’s entire story and variety revolves around the sheer amount of variety that comes along with its character abilities and I believe that excluding them from one of the most sought-after modes in the game’s short history is just a mistake and a missed opportunity.

What do you guys think? Leave abilities out of Deathmatch or put them in to show whose truly the best?

Valorant: Why Hold Your Power Back? +2
Valorant: Why Hold Your Power Back?
Rowan
Rowan Rowan
verified LV.17 Fearless 25d

Valorant's Vandal vs. Phantom: Which Should You Use?

A common misconception when it comes to Valorant’s two main rifles, the Vandal and the Phantom, is that each gun is relatively equal in power and that you should use whichever your more comfortable with as they are more or less interchangeable. This is far from the truth, and today we’ll be going over why that’s the case as we look at the attributes of both weapons.

#SprayPatters

As is widely known, the Phantom is going to give lesser accurate players an advantage with the Phantom as its spray pattern, while comparable to the Vandal’s, is far more forgiving for players who opt to spray over long periods of time.
The Vandal does punish players a lot more with its spray pattern that covers a significant amount of vertical distance over the course of its rise in a sustained burst of fire.
This puts the immediate favour in the hands of the Phantom, but is offset by its numbers when it comes to damage from a longer distance.

#Damage

The Phantom’s damage is only equal to that of the Vandal’s at a range of 15 meters or less. In short, the Phantom CANNOT one tap an armored opponent who is standing at a 16 meter distance from its shooter. To compile this issue with more problems, the damage is further reduced another tick when the target is being shot at from over 30 meters, where the damage to the head is capped at 124.

The Vandal’s damage is equal to the Phantom’s at 15 meters or less, but doesn’t lose any damage over any amount of distance.

The obvious usage here is the ability to hold or peak an angel that usually ends up in a long-distance firefight without needing to put multiple rounds into an opponent. Often times, this will mean that defender's should opt for the Vandal when playing passively.

#Utility

There’s another more nuanced benefit of running a Phantom over a Vandal, though. Said nuance can be found in the gun’s silencer and fire rate. Firstly, the silencer on the Phantom means that shooting through smoke, for example, won’t allow the enemies to spot where the shots are coming from since the bullets aren’t tracers. That is to say, simply, bullets fired from silenced weapons in Valorant are hidden from enemy sight. This means that a player sitting behind smoke can fire blindly into it and be relatively safe from return fire, while a player using an unsilenced weapon (the Vandal) would be giving his exact position away.

Another aspect of the Phantom that gives it an edge over the Vandal is its fire rate. At 11 rounds per second, the Phantom will give you nearly two more rounds of fire power per second over the Vandal, meaning your duels can be decided just a hair earlier. With that benefit working in tandem with the better spray pattern, it’s clear that the Phantom is going to, statistically, appear to be the better weapon in most situations at most elo’s.

So which should you use? Clearly, it’s obvious that both guns have their places in the game, but what criteria should be met before selecting either?

First, you need to have the money. After that obvious recommendation is out of the way, you need to understand what your role is in the team and where you’re going to be skirmishing with foes. Are you an entry fragger attacking long? Grab the Vandal. Are you an entry fragger moving through short? Grab the Phantom.
But there are other considerations to be made. Is Brimstone on your team? A Phantom won’t show it’s fire trajectory through smoke, so perhaps pick that up if you plan on moving through the blocked line of sight. Are you planning on being a spike planter? Again, the Phantom is likely your friend here since you want to be able to quickly react to multiple enemies coming to retake sight, and the fire rate and forgiving spray pattern helps immensely with that.

For defenders, I’d say you should almost always be taking a Vandal or an Operator with you on your sites. The only times this shouldn’t be happening is when you’re playing an eco round or trying to make an economic play while in the lead with a shotgun or SMG.

But remember, this is a game. If you don’t enjoy playing with one weapon (or both), play with whatever you want. Because if you’re not enjoying it, what’s the point?

GLHF,
-E

Valorant's Vandal vs. Phantom: Which Should You Use?  +2
Valorant's Vandal vs. Phantom: Which Should You Use?
Czarnicks
Czarnicks Czarnicks
verified LV.19 Sage 1mo

Collection of Memes that Didn't Make the Cut #4

Collection of Memes that Didn't Make the Cut #4 +8
Collection of Memes that Didn't Make the Cut #4
Yusuf "Alex" Harris
Yusuf "Alex" Harris Yusuf "Alex" Harris
verified LV.27 Good Leader 1mo

Why is Transitioning to Valorant Difficult?

Since my start of Valorant, I've gotten used to the playstyle from it and realized how strange it is to play it before or after playing another similar game. Games such as Call of Duty and CS:GO have their own mechanics but are extremely similar to each other. Valorant is very unique though and there's so much that will throw players off continuously. So, let's jump into the major differences between Valorant and other games that make it tough to transition to.

1. Distance for Tacticals.

Smokes in both games are strategically thrown over various walls and long distances so that the team throwing them can get an upper hand. Unfortunately for players of these games, when transitioning over to Valorant, you're not going to be getting the pleasure of chucking a smoke or a grenade super far. Most things you throw or send over distances don't go very far. Yes, there's some things that go insanely far away but they're not the same as that from other popular games. Get used to close ranged action and get used to it quick or you're as good as dead.

2. Inequality in Playstyle Opportunities.

Not every agent is great for post plant. Not every agent is great in tactical plays. Every agent is extremely different. That's very different than games like CoD and CS:GO where everyone shares the same weapon possibilities and can play in the same playstyles as each other if they'd like. This means the offense AND defense have to pay attention to who's alive post-plant and even before the plant to make sure that they're not missing out on some sort of potential threats throughout the rounds.

3. Maps Are More Open in Valorant.

This is one of the things that actually bothers me about Valorant. There aren't many hiding places around the maps and most of the rounds don't last long because you're getting spotted somewhere quite early into the round. It's difficult having few hiding places and so you have to be extremely conservative as a team or extremely good at your gun skills if you're going to want to stand a chance with winning peeks around the map. To be honest, the defense has a huge advantage on most of the maps when it comes to many locations and it's strictly because of the open map issue.

4. The Abilities Are Easy to Use and Learn.

Finally, let's not forget that the powers in Valorant are extremely easy to learn how to use in some sort of effective manner. Why can't players just cruise to higher ranks in that case? Well, mastering the powers is much different than just using them the same way every single round. But, it's definitely not hard to use them in some sort of way that'll make the rounds easier for your team. If you learn how to master their uses to rise in the ranks then that's a huge benefit for you and your team. Besides that, you're still pretty much good to go.

Of course, these aren’t ALL of the things that are in need of getting used to so players can transition games. Crosshairs, audio, and sensitivity are always different from game to game but that’s something that players are used to by now. The things I mentioned make Valorant unique from most games and they’re the reasons that Valorant seems to be tough for many players to get a grasp of for now. As the game gets bigger and more popular, other games may adopt similar styles and we’ll be adjusting to it better than before. But until then, we’ll be working on learning Valorant more, day by day.

Why is Transitioning to Valorant Difficult? +3
Why is Transitioning to Valorant Difficult?
Roiden
Roiden Roiden
verified LV.22 S 1mo

Jett Diff

Why does the difference have to be so glaring though?

Jett Diff
Jett Diff
Yusuf "Alex" Harris

Valorant | How to Hack your Enemies' Brains as Killjoy

Killjoy has been out and about for a bit now, and it has been just long enough to know that there are worse things than Raze and Reyna. People are for the most part, still figuring her out. There are a few things that seem to be set in stone, as far as her playstyle is concerned, and I’d like to share them with you.
Most of Killjoy’s abilities are, for the most part, hands-off abilities. You put them somewhere, and they do their thing. All you have to think about is where the best place to put them is; this is where your German genius comes into play.

Nanoswarm
Out of Killjoy’s various abilities, it is hard to say which is more annoying, but Nanoswarm is surely in the top two. This ability is great flushing out enemies, securing down default planting positions, and covering flanks. The best use of this ability will most likely be found when you set it up rather than direct use. The art of setting up the perfect Nanoswarm takes a bit of predicting, but here are a few guidelines for great Nanoswarm placement.
1. Set it up in tight spaces that enemies will have to walk through.
2. Place it in the general area of the default planting positions
3. Stack it beside your Alarmbot for a quick kill.
4. Put it in a place that they will have to stop to shoot your turret. Say for instance that for some reason, you have your turret holding a short angle, on the edge of that angle, place a Nanoswarm below. The Nanoswarm damage along with the tagging slow from the turret will ensure you have another 200 credits under your belt.

Alarmbot
The Alarmbot is Killjoy’s least intimidating ability to deal with. It’s basically Cypher’s Trapwire and Viper’s Snake Bite into one ability. Now there are a lot of places you can put this thing, but never place it in the opening of a doorway or opening. This is simply giving enemies too much time to react to it if they are walking.

An ideal placement is at the very edge of an angle, where as soon as the enemy comes into the radius of the Alarmbot, they are hit. There are a few things you can do to overwhelm an enemy hit my the Alarmbot. Here are some strategies anyone can implement when playing Killjoy.

1. The first is getting your hands dirty yourself and swinging on the vulnerable target. You really don’t have to get your hands dirty with this, as you have other abilities that kill but this will always be an option.

2. You can use your turret to take advantage of the double damage that is dealt to vulnerable targets. This will soften them up and ripen them for the plucking. This is not a means to an end, only a setup.

3. And finally, you can do the remote kill special, and end your enemies from across the map. You would do this by using your Nanoswarms and turret to kill a vulnerable enemy.

Turret
Now for Killjoy’s most notoriously annoying ability, Turrent. This little guy is the teammate that you’ve been praying for to hold an angle correctly. And while he can’t dish out much damage, he’ll make damn sure to pester your enemies before they even think about seeing another soul.

You’ll want to place these things in long angles where the enemy will have to peek. Examples of this would be on Split’s B site from Heaven to CT Spawn. Or Haven’s C Long to C site. This will be able to give you a heads up without actually having to expose yourself to danger.

Remember that the turrent only has a 180 view of the position that you put it, so don’t expect it to flick someone behind it. That said since the distance isn’t really a problem, it makes the most sense to put it in a place where its back is covered by a wall of some sort. This way, whoever does appear has to deal with the turret to get past it.

On a final note, don’t put turrets in small corners. This gives your enemy the ability to wallbang your turret without it ever actually seeing them; it’s not your job to make it easy for them.

Lockdown
Finally, the second spike of the game, Lockdown. By now everyone has surely been forced to back off from sites due to this ability, and give up otherwise salvageable situations. This is the effect you want out of Killjoy’s Ultimate: to force a reaction out of the enemy. Whether that reaction is to flee or to rush in to kill the Lockdown ability, you break the standstills that can occur.

There are a lot of things to take into consideration when planting Lockdown, but I will mention the four most important ones.

1. Make sure Lockdown is out of your enemies’ line of sight. If it is destroyed, it might as well have not existed and you lose a lot of pressure.

2. Try to place Lockdown in a place that takes time to access. For instance, say that you’re on Ascent as defenders and they are pushing A. If you are at Heaven, you would place your ultimate behind the wall which is both out of sight, and time-consuming to get to.

3. When choosing a place that is both covered and hard to access quickly, make sure the indicator for the range of the ultimate pushes the enemies completely off of the area you are trying to secure. Since Lockdown is a radius ability, when the circle meets right corners, gaps will appear if they are not completely engulfed. So if you must leave gaps in your lockdown, be sure to check if enemies have slipped their way into this little crannies and use their lack of mobility to secure a kill.

4. Finally, this is a playstyle tip. When there are three seconds left in your countdown, if there are any enemies left in the radius, this is your time to play as aggressive as you want. They will have to choose to continue the gunfight and be detained, or run away and get shot at. It is a lose-lose scenario in that situation and completely in your favor either way. Even if you die, that person will be detained which will either waste 8 seconds or wrap them up in a ribbon for your teammates to get a free kill.

To play Killjoy’s kit to its full potential, you have to play a mind game as well as an FPS. To play Chess when the rest of the game is playing Checkers is to push Killjoy to her full potential. Never pick fair fights, always capitalize on enemies that are distracted by your abilities. If you don’t have to peek, don’t. Your turrets are there so you don’t have to. Know yourself, know the enemy, and you will remain unafraid of the outcome of 100 battles.

To play Killjoy is to play smarter, not harder. Happy hacking.

Valorant | How to Hack your Enemies' Brains as Killjoy +7
Valorant | How to Hack your Enemies' Brains as Killjoy
Yusuf "Alex" Harris

Valorant | The Road to Rampaging as Reyna (Reyna Guide)

Of the four duelists in Valorant, none of them are deemed more worthy of the title than Reyna. Her entire kit is revolved around fighting, with little way of getting around that. This seemingly sadistic female was made for fragging and carrying a ten-ton team on your back, if you have the FPS mechanics for it.

So before hopping into the specifics of what you would need to do to play Reyna correctly, step one is just to be able to aim. If you can’t aim well, you might as well play Sage, as it won’t take any additional skill. A good gauge of how well you need to aim before being passable as Reyna would be getting 6 - 10 bots on medium difficulty with a Guardian consistently, I’d say. If you have that down even if your aim isn’t the best, with the help of Leer you should be able to get some value out of Devour and Dismiss before the round ends.

We’ll first start with the bread and butter ability, Leer. No doubt one of the best flashes in the game due to its duration, flexibility, and anti-friendly-fire nature. The difference between bad, good, and great Reyna players lies with where you place Leer. If you take nothing from this article, take this: never place Leer at body level right in front of you. This is making it too easy for your enemy to destroy the eye and you. Either place it high above your head, or below your feet. Flicking in Valorant is pretty terrible compared to other games, this is why following Raze’s Boombot is so strong. The recoil reset timer in Valorant is high enough where if they fire at one thing, they will be susceptible to another. That’s why peeking on Killjoy’s turret is a pain, and why placing your Leer in unorthodox places like above you or below you will work so well.

Another way you could use this ability with good coordination and timing is similar to a smoke. Each Leer lasts for 3 seconds and timed well which is 6 seconds of cover. You can potentially use it as a Phoenix Wall to move your teammates onto a site.

The next ability to pick apart is Devour. This ability empowers Reyna to go for risky trades without regard for future HP problems. I won’t go into the description of the ability as that would be boring, but I will say this: stop using Devour in an out in the open gunfight. In order to keep healing in check, bullets in Valorant stop healing for three seconds, so if you’re tagged while healing, not only are you not going to heal, you’ll take more damage and most likely die. A rule of thumb for this would be, if an enemy is 15 meters or less from you with an unobstructed line of sight, use Dismiss and not Devour. If you have cover that will last at least 2 seconds, line of sight to an orb, and are low on health, then use Devour. Simple, right?

Now for the “broken” part of Reyna, Dismiss. The sheer amount of gestures that go into Reyna’s abilities leave a lot of room for counterplay, but the nature of the abilities themselves opens many doors for outplaying. So when should you make use of this “over-powered” ability?

>Scenario 1: You are being shot at from multiple angles.

>Scenario 2: To get out of an ability, whether it is a Slow Orb, Molotov of some sort, or any area of effect ability.

>Scenario 3: When you are in Empress and you want to reposition, or even just use it for the sake of it, since you can’t use Devour.

>Scenario 4: Using this ability to peek potentially dangerous angles for information.

If at any point you feel that you have to react immediately to something, you can recast Dismiss to cancel it early.

Last but not least, we’re going to delve deeper into Reyna’s Ultimate, Empress. Reyna’s ultimate exist for the sole purpose of turning her into a super-soldier. You run, shoot, and reload faster. There is no need to be cautious when using this ability, just don’t hold onto it for several rounds in a row. A good time to use it would be, when you are against more than one enemy, at the beginning of a round after you have confirmed that there are enemies within reach, or in most situations in Bind, as there are many places to hide behind.

Hopefully, this has given guidance to those seeking to give Reyna a go and switch over. It’s important to note that, most of this article means nothing if your aim isn’t up to par, so keep that in mind. Good gunplay is the foundation of a ruthlessly rampant Reyna.

Valorant | The Road to Rampaging as Reyna (Reyna Guide) +5
Valorant | The Road to Rampaging as Reyna (Reyna Guide)
Yusuf "Alex" Harris

The Four Elements

The Four Elements
The Four Elements
Yusuf "Alex" Harris

JoJo's Infuriating Valorant Adventures

Yusuf "Alex" Harris

Don't Flash at the Same Time #Phoenix&Breach

Sry earphone users, xD.

Yusuf "Alex" Harris

IDon'tThinkSo.exe #Raze

IDon'tThinkSo.exe #Raze
IDon'tThinkSo.exe #Raze
Yusuf "Alex" Harris

Collection of Memes that Didn't Make the Cut #3

Collection of Memes that Didn't Make the Cut #3 +7
Collection of Memes that Didn't Make the Cut #3
Yusuf "Alex" Harris

I Apologize in Advanced...

Yusuf "Alex" Harris

Valorant | Hit Registration: Why Your Headshots Aren't Killing People

Getting killed in a game of Valorant can be frustrating, especially when you are sure you had your opponent dead to rights with a headshot. Sometimes you see your bullet draw blood from their head, but you die instead. This has been happening a lot to many people, so you aren’t alone. The problem was blown up so big that Riot sought to address this elephant in the room.

To talk about something, we must first explain what we are talking about for the uninformed. Hit registration is the client and game servers working together to determine where your bullets landed and when. The server has complete priority over this aspect, so what you see in your client isn’t necessarily what you get.

Now that we’ve addressed what it is, we’ll talk about how it affects you. There is a lot of jargon and boring talk that goes into the article, but basically every frame of Valorant is simulated on their servers to determine where abilities go, how long they are there for, and where bullets went. In the simplest terms, your version of Valorant is a reflection of the actual game that is happening on their server. You can interact with this simulation (by moving, shooting, using abilities etc.,) and you will get the output of what you have done a frame later.

The reason I brought up the existence of this server, which you could have continued playing without ever knowing about it, is because it is the core of the problem of “bogus” hit registration. When you fire, that input is sent to the server, the server determines where the bullet went, whether that’s your enemy’s head or into oblivion, and sends the result back to you. The delay of this response is naturally whatever your ping is. So 25 ms is a quarter of a second, 50 ms is a half of a second 100 ms is a second, and so on and so forth. Your ping dictates how long it will take for you to get that result. This problem takes into account two things, hit correctness and hit clarity.

Hit correctness is whether or not your bullet actually went where you shot it, and hit clarity is if you see the bullet went where you think you shot it. To the happiness or maybe dismay of people who have been affected by this, the hit correctness is working properly as it was designed to be. This means any missed headshots were missed because you did not hit them, according to Valorant devs. The issue lies in hit clarity, which can be blurred by many things, but the main culprit is motion. When people walk, crouch, spin, or dance, that all leads to many variables to take into account. Remember that simulation of a server I was talking about? It has a lot to do with that, so much so that it would take a while to explain it, so here is the original post if you are interested in why the game feels so broken: https://playvalorant.com/en-us/news/dev/the-state-of-hit-registration/
Have you experienced some of this inconsistency in hitting head and body shots in Valorant or other FPS games? If you play multiple games, how different is the hitbox registration to Valorant's model? Share some of your experiences below and let your story be known.

Valorant | Hit Registration: Why Your Headshots Aren't Killing People +4
Valorant | Hit Registration: Why Your Headshots Aren't Killing People
Yusuf "Alex" Harris

Collection of Memes that Didn't Make the Cut #2

Collection of Memes that Didn't Make the Cut #2 +5
Collection of Memes that Didn't Make the Cut #2
Yusuf "Alex" Harris

She's for the Streets #Sage

Wasn't planning on sharing this today, but you can thank @Lotus Queen for the early release. I don't really expect anyone that isn't American and on Twitter to understand this...

Yusuf "Alex" Harris

I've wanted to make this forever #Brimstone

Yusuf "Alex" Harris

The Poverty Gets so Bad Sometimes #StupidSpender

Yusuf "Alex" Harris

Say it the nice way.

Say it the nice way. +3
Say it the nice way.
Yusuf "Alex" Harris

I want them swimming with the fishes #ShotCaller

Yusuf "Alex" Harris

Collection of Memes that Didn't Make the Cut #1

These are some memes I made that... are not really that funny. but they are here to make up the numbers. And if you do find them enjoyable, well that's great! Then I didn't waste all that time making them for no reason.

Collection of Memes that Didn't Make the Cut #1 +3
Collection of Memes that Didn't Make the Cut #1
Yusuf "Alex" Harris

Killjoy players are a special kind of sociopath #Killjoy

Killjoy players are a special kind of sociopath #Killjoy +1
Killjoy players are a special kind of sociopath #Killjoy
Yusuf "Alex" Harris

What is Killjoy like In-Game?

Now that Killjoy has been out for a little while, it's time that I put my two cents in on her. You can watch as many videos and tutorials of how to play her and defend against her as you want but, until you play or defend against her, you're not actually sure how good or bad she really is. So, from my experience, I'm going to tell you how she works with each of her abilities and give my intake on it.

First off is her AlarmBot. It's nothing too crazy. It doesn't do anything harmful for say and I haven't seen it do much help, yet. But, regardless of all of that, let's take note that this ability can cause you to take double damage if you get caught by it. Now, is this overpowered in theory? Not really. It's more of a "it's your fault if you fell for it" sort of thing and I feel that if you caused your own demise, then that's on you.

Next up is her Turret. Imagine a super miniature Sentry Gun from Call of Duty with extremely nerfed damage and a rather slow fire rate. Though it's not a huge problem to have to destroy and stuff, it's a pester that could use some revamping, considering that this forces players to turn to destroy it as they get shot by actual players around them. Another thing to remember is that there is no health regen in Valorant which makes every point of HP crucial to hold onto. Even if you get hit 3 times (which will do 9-24 damage, depending on your distance from the Turret) then you're playing with that little bit less which can essentially get you instantly killed by a Phantom headshot. Remember... the Phantom is one of the most played with weapons in the game. So that tiny Turret can be a devastating disaster.

Nanoswarms are next on the list and let me tell you... I just got DESTROYED by them. If there was one of them then that's fine, I guess. But, there's two of them that can get placed down. But, what does the Nanoswarm do? It makes a rather wide circle of AOE damage that will completely shred your HP. Some other issues? First off, they can be turned on whenever Killjoy decides to turn them on. This means that all Killjoy needs is a sound queue of you defusing the spike and she gets a free kill or heavy damage. Neither seems to be pleasant. Why not just destroy it to prevent the problem? Well, they're invisible so they're hard to spot. So, there's no chance that you can do anything about the Nanoswarm when you're in the moment. If you don't get her out before defusing, there's a high chance you're not safe.

Her ultimate is something called Lockdown. This one doesn't seem as bad, to be honest. For 8 seconds, players have a huge circle show up on the map and on the ground. At the moment the 8 seconds ends, players get locked inside and are pretty much dead. Getting caught in this makes you extremely slow and your weapons become useless to you. The power can be stopped though if you get to the center of the circle in time and destroy the machine that causes Lockdown. I haven't seen it to be too problematic so as of now, I'll let it slide. It DOES make players run away every time, though. No one wants to take the risk.

So how powerful is Killjoy? Well, I'd say there's a fair use for each of her powers and nothing is too overpowered besides her Nanoswarm. There needs to be a way to detect it sooner to prevent the catastrophic consequences. My hint to you is to just kill her as soon as possible and to destroy her little robots as soon as you can and you should be fine. Good luck!

What is Killjoy like In-Game? +4
What is Killjoy like In-Game?
Roiden
Roiden Roiden
verified LV.22 S 1mo

Gluttons...

Gluttons...
Gluttons...
Yusuf "Alex" Harris

Pure Psychopaths... #ReynaMains

Yusuf "Alex" Harris

A Valorant Noob’s Guide to Breach

If Cypher is the king of denying rushes, then Breach is the king of enabling them.
Breach is a utility agent who specializes (somewhat uniquely) in crowd controlling enemies on the offensive. He excels when paired up with aggressive teammates and offers unparalleled aid when making calculated pushes at the cost of having no mobility, information gathering, or healing to be seen.

Let’s go over his abilities:
#FaultLine
is Breach’s signature ability. With a cooldown of 30 seconds, Breach can daze enemies with an AOE of moderate width and a length that increases the longer you charge the ability. This ability is perfect for spamming out CC behind walls to get an idea of who you’re going to be peaking against. Since the cooldown is so short, it’s not a bad idea to use this ability liberally as a means of making the enemy panic into an early rotation or a waste of abilities.

#Aftershock
is a one-of ability that is probably his most difficult to use correctly, but also one of the most powerful.
When behind a wall, Breach sends a short-ranged shockwave to the otherside that deals heavy damage to anyone caught in its area of effect (after quite a long wind-up). This ability shouldn’t be used with the idea that you’re going to be damaging anyone with it. Instead, focus on using it to make enemies disperse when trying to prep a push and cause overall shock and awe.

#Flashpoint
is Breach’s flashbang ability. When aiming at a wall, Breach flashes the other side of it, causing enemies to be... flashed…

Simple, straightforward, and you can use two of them from behind a wall. It’s probably the most powerful flash in the game, but that certainly is up for debate.

#RollingThunder
is Breach’s ultimate ability and is honestly the coolest ability in the game, objectively speaking. Breach sends incredibly wide shockwaves that continue over a large distance, knocking anyone caught in the AOE up and dazing them for a period of time.

If you’re on offense and you use this ability with a competent team, you have almost no excuse to lose the round. Save for an enemy player pulling off an amazing play, you should win. Be sure to wait for info before using this ability.

Right, let’s go over his weakest part of the game:
#Defense

Sit behind a wall on site and spam your abilities when the enemy pushes.
It’s really that simple. Don’t over complicate things, don’t peak enemies early, and don’t die before using all of your abilities. Breach isn’t very good at shutting down pushes in a consistent manner, so make sure you spam your Fault Line early and if you hear enemies pushing, throw flashbangs and beg your team to rotate.

If this wasn't a given, Breach isn’t good at covering the middle of maps, where multiple points of attack are possible, and instead wants to sit on a site that is tight and has one main point of entry.

Onto the part of the game where he shines:
#Offense

Playing Breach on offense is likely going to be a supportive player’s most fun they have in the game. Being able to reap the rewards of dazing enemies over an actual 30 miles is an absolute blast, no pun intended.

Similar to Breach’s need to defend on smaller sites, he also likes to attack sites of the same size, with few points of defense that are considered power positions.

Consider the map Ascent:
Attacking through middle would be a nightmare for Breach given the inability to CC enemies in tight spaces. Catwalk is always a dangerous position to peak, and if Breach decides to Fault Line middle, there’s no guarantee the enemy will be watching the mid push close enough to be effected.

Instead, a Breach pushing through B main can coordinate with his team where he’s going to use his abilities. A Fault Line thrown into Market, an aftershock smacked through B main’s wall into the alley right next to site, and a flash thrown in between market and switch means all the power positions used to cover B main are either blinded, dazed, or weak (as in almost dead, aftershock does a lot of damage).

For larger site takes, such as A, it’s recommended to rely mostly on flashbangs or Rolling Thunder as your tool of choice as your normal CC abilities are far less effective in wide open areas where there’s plenty of places to peak from.

#Weapons

Breach is a supporting player, and is almost always going to be used in tight spaces and should never be aggressively peaking enemy players. Given this, it makes zero sense to be purchasing operators or guardians, two weapons that require the player to make risky duels to be useful.

Instead, cheaper weapons like the Bulldog, Spectre, and Judge should be considered to gain a monetary advantage over the course of a half. Of course, the Phantom and Vandal should be go to’s for all agents when in a highly-contested game where every advantage matters. But if you’re behind or want to save for any reason, close range and cheap is your friend, not expensive and distanced.

That’s it for Breach’s guide. Hopefully you’ve learned something, and if you have any tips or tricks you’ve found, be sure to post them in the comments.

GLHF,
-E

A Valorant Noob’s Guide to Breach  +2
A Valorant Noob’s Guide to Breach
Czarnicks
Czarnicks Czarnicks
verified LV.19 Sage 1mo

Killjoy is a Fun and Interactive Agent #Killjoy

Yusuf "Alex" Harris

Don't Ping if there is nothing wrong...

Yusuf "Alex" Harris

Patience is Key

Patience is Key
Patience is Key
Yusuf "Alex" Harris

The Balls on These Players are Huge #RazeMains

Yusuf "Alex" Harris

Mhmm... wp Brimstone

Mhmm... wp Brimstone
Mhmm... wp Brimstone
Yusuf "Alex" Harris

Breach Mains Gathering for the Midsummer Festival #BreachMains

Yusuf "Alex" Harris

Today we're going to take a look at the indigenous Sova main species #SovaMains

Follow https://www.twitch.tv/killuaone he's an underrated streamer that really deserves some recognition. I had a great time on his stream tonight, and it was my first time. He passes the vibe check, and he's chill.

Yusuf "Alex" Harris

It feels like we've been doing this forever. -Phoenix

He's not wrong, you know.

Yusuf "Alex" Harris

Thoughts on TDM?

Thoughts on TDM? +1
Thoughts on TDM?
Yusuf "Alex" Harris

Can anyone confirm? #BrimstoneMains

Yusuf "Alex" Harris

*Sees another meme from Alex* Is this a good meme?

Couldn't decide which one I liked best, so I added them all.

*Sees another meme from Alex* Is this a good meme? +2
*Sees another meme from Alex* Is this a good meme?
Yusuf "Alex" Harris
verified LV.27 Good Leader 2mo

Walk it like you talk it.

Yusuf "Alex" Harris

The people who do this are going to heaven. #GameMartyrs

Yusuf "Alex" Harris

If I ever even dare to queue for competitive...

Yusuf "Alex" Harris

That feeling when you get your first Ace

It's better than s**, I swear.

Yusuf "Alex" Harris

Ladies and Gents, Rejoice. #RazeNerfs

Don't be butthurt Raze mains, that sh*t was unfair and you know it. Sage nerfs are coming too ;-;

Yusuf "Alex" Harris

i counter the "Toxic group" ggez ? and etc.
here's the chat
im done with competive and im done with this people...

DeathBlade
DeathBlade DeathBlade
LV.19 Assassin 6h

Just hope whoever reads this has a nice day🖤

Just hope whoever reads this has a nice day🖤
numb_XVII
numb_XVII numb_XVII
LV.10 Nomad 8h

Read Description (Please do not join it) Looking for a duo partner to play with for a long time

Read Description (Please do not join it)

Looking for a duo partner to play with for a long time
I’m a sage main and i’m looking for a reyna. I’m Currently seeking for a long term friendship to be builded with somebody. We can also play different games not just one trick valorant. If you are gonna join my post don’t expect me to treat you nice and don’t be surprised you think i’m toxic. Only those who messaged me read the post won’t see me from toxic side or encounter it.

1. Discord 18+
2. English language
3. Ranks Gold - Valorant (Got 3 accounts so will use the one depends where you sit)
4. Somebody who want’s to build a long term friendship/Bromance.
5. No polish/Broken english players
6. Only reyna mains nothing els
7. Good microphones on discord

For more information in private and if you join the post i will remove you from it, Message me privately will tell you more details, Also you can check out my profle on moot. Thank you for those who read and don’t join.

LFG
Read Description (Please do not join it) Looking for a duo partner to play with for a long time
Vasstayan
Vasstayan Vasstayan
LV.20 Team Player 2h

Looking for chill people

I’m a streamer looking for a cool group of dudes to play valorant with

Looking for chill people
Cosmicpapared
Cosmicpapared Cosmicpapared
LV.3 I Love Food 1h

Anyone looking for a clan?

Anyone looking for a clan to join. Then join our discord. We are mainly based in the UK but we can have people from around the world aswell. We have a variety of games that we play which includes Call of duty, Fortnite, Rainbow Six Siege (ps4) Valorant, csgo and apex legends. We have a community chat just for general. If you want to become a member, you will need a YouTube channel and must have at least one montage uploaded of your chosen game, or make a montage. We are also looking for editors that can sync videos up with the clips. For the Rainbow Six Siege side, we have 1 squad of 5 and currently looking for players so we could maybe have a few more squads. https://discord.gg/MMWJbp

Anyone looking for a clan?
Born Protocol
Born Protocol Born Protocol
LV.2 Lurker 7m

Be a Good Teammate.

I haven't forgotten about you Tiktokers

Be a Good Teammate.
Be a Good Teammate.
Yusuf "Alex" Harris
Home