Is Using a Mic Important?
I've noticed that a lot of people get upset when their teammates don't have a mic or aren't in team chat. I think it's great that Overwatch has integrated voice coms, but I don't think anybody should be forced to use them. I know a lot of people think that it doesn't matter in quick play, but in Competitive think that voice chat is mandatory.
What do you guys think, do you use a mic? Does it make a difference if it's quick play vs competitive?
POPULAR Shimada Dragons
I play both Hanzo and Genji often and I had a question that I was wondering if anyone could answer. Why does Hanzo get two dragons and Genji only gets one.
I came up with two different theories.
1. My first theory has to do with their rank in the Shimada clan. Before Hanzo left he was the ruler of the clan where Genji was still royalty but as Hanzos younger brother he couldn’t rule. My thought here is that they both get a dragon because they are high ranking in the clan but hanzo gets two because he ranks higher. This also might have something to do with the tails that dangle from the back of their heads. Hanzo has two and Genji only has one. Maybe they signify rank.
2. This is the theory that I prefer although I’m not sure if it’s as likely. After killing Genji, Hanzo was very distraught and angry with himself. This is proven in multiple places in the game, such as during the voice interaction between Hanzo and Zenyatta where Zenyatta says that he senses within Hanzo the rage that once consumed his brother, Hanzo hastily replies that him and Genji are nothing alike. It is also evident in the Dragons short when Hanzo asks Genji to kill him. Unlike Hanzo, Genji is at peace with himself. After being repaired by Mercy, Genji apprenticed under Zenyatta and learned to accept who he was. Physically Hanzos and Genjis dragons are quite different, Hanzos dragons are much larger and slower than Genjis, where Genjis are small and fast and quite accurate. My theory is that hanzo has two larger dragons as his anger prevents him from using them with a clear head, whereas Genjis focus allows him to accurately use his dragon which allows him to kill enemies much quicker. This theory relies on the idea that the dragons are not real creatures but instead manifestations of the Shimada brother’s power.
Don't get me wrong I like competitive overwatch and I'm currently platinum but I think the competitive side can do with a complete overhaul. This maybe resetting the ranks or changing how the competitive system works. Maybe they should have a 1v1 ranking or 2v2 where you are less reliant on the people on your team and mainly on yourself. Anyway, that is just my opinion, comment below what you think! :D
POPULAR Hope everyones having fun
Is every one having fun with the new event or are the loot boxes not giving anything good
POPULAR Some tips and tricks
I’m just started and it looks like my main is going to be tracer can I have some tips
(And I play a little mercy)
POPULAR Did you guys notice?
Did you guys notice that winston haven’t got a new legendary skin in over a year but he is one of the most played heroes?
I have a question that I was wondering if anyone could answer. I was wondering how omnics develop personalities. According to the last bastion animation, the troops that attacked Eichenwald appeared to be almost mindless soldiers. The only bastion unit that appeared to have any emotions at all was Bastion himself who showed curiosity toward the forest, love toward Ganymede(the bird) and what looked like a form of post traumatic stress disorder. This is very much unlike the other omnics Zenyatta, Orisa and Mondatta. Each of these robots seems to have an individual personality. I was wondering if anyone knew why some robots have emotions and personalities and others seem to be mindless machines
POPULAR Sombra REWORK - Good or Bad?
Sombra is getting some major changes which will drastically affect her playstyle. While there are a lot clickbait videos out there saying "HUGE SOMBRA BUFF" etc, let's be clear: this is NOT a buff. This is a REWORK, and will change the way in which Sombra will be played.
1) Sombra no longer gains ult from health pack healing.
-This is an absolutely massive change (and obviously a huge nerf). Currently Sombra's ult is everything, and using hacked health packs to gain charge was the fastest and most effective way to charge her ult. This hurts Sombra immensely.
2) Weapon Spread decreased by 10%
- This is a welcome buff, but doesn't address the main issue. Yes, Sombra's gun is the most inaccurate in the game, but that's not really the problem. The problem is Sombra's lack of damage at close range where the spread doesn't matter as much. Sombra is never going to be the hitscan that can take care of Pharah. This buff is a step in the wrong direction and doesn't align with Sombra's kit/playstyle. They should instead be focusing on making Sombra more effective in close range fights.
3) Hacking speed increased from 0.8s to 0.65s
- This is a genuinely good buff, hacking currently takes way too long to be used reliably.
4) Hacking will disable more abilities. (Genji's Double Jump/Wall Climb, Pharah's Hover Jets, Hanzo's Wall Climb, Lucio's currently running Crossfade song will be disabled, Mercy's Angelic Descent)
- Another genuinely good buff. There's are the types of abilities that currently make Sombra's successful hacks feel incredibly unrewarding.
This is a step in the wrong direction. This is Blizzard trying to turn Sombra from a support into a DPS without actually doing anything to increase her ability to do damage. The 10% reduced spread does absolutely nothing in the scenarios that Sombra WANTS to be in. The improved hacking speed is excellent, but at the end of the day all you've done is spend over half a second to make a fight simply gun vs gun and your gun is always worse. In other words, Sombra has to make herself vulnerable and stop dealing damage just to be able to fight at a slight disadvantage instead of a significant disadvantage.
The key issue is that Sombra's kit asks her to sneakily approach somebody, hack them so they can't use their abilities to win the fight, and then you kill them 1v1. The problem is that even after step 1 and 2, Sombra doesn't have the damage to win the 1v1. Sombra doesn't need less weapon spread, she needs more damage.
Summary: While I agree that Sombra should be more of a DPS than a support, none of the buffs are enough to outweigh the huge nerf to Sombra's ult charge. I expect Sombra to remain the lowest win-rate champion in the game and would not be surprised to see her win-rate drop even further following this rework.
TL;DR: Thematically a step in the right direction, but they're ignoring the main issue. Overall this is a bad rework, and it will likely make Sombra even worse.
What do you guys think of these changes? How would you change Sombra to make her more effective? I know I'm not the only Sombra main out there.
POPULAR Soldier Easter Egg
A little Easter Egg i found through a friend, so i decided to post it on Moot to see if anyone doesn't know about it already, and try it out.
If you equip the GrillMaster: 76 skin.
Once you've equipped it, you'll need the new Year of The Dog voice-line "Respect your elders". The Easter Egg is that if you have this skin equipped, the voice-line will be completely different, giving "Respect the Chef" rather than "Respect your elders".
That's it. It's only small, but a nice touch!
POPULAR Gengi sword word translation
The words on Genji's sword are 干将 (Gan Jiang), which is the name of a famous swordsmith in ancient China as well as a famous sword made by him.
POPULAR I’m seeing a lot of new names in the overwatch lounge on moot and happy to see it growing welcome :)
POPULAR Switching mains?
Does anyone else constantly switch mains. I have been a tracer main then I switched to McCree then to Widowmaker then to Hanzo.
POPULAR Year of the Dog!
This will be a great Chinese New Year and what a better way then overwatch and let me know what you guys think of this event and some skin concepts you want!
POPULAR Show Me What You Got! (UPDATED)
****EDIT**** CONGRATS TO OUR WINNERS: RedEagle250, EmeraldSorcery, and Gavitron6000! I loved your creativity. Check your emails to claim your prize!
Stick around for moree giveaways!!
Hello Moot world! Today I have decided to introduce a little competition to the people of Moot in the Overwatch lounge. In order to compete, just answer this simple question:
If you could play as any Overwatch character in a different video game, which character and which game would you choose? Please explain.
If you ask me, I would play as Winston in Grand Theft Auto V so I could absolutely smash everything and everyone while jumping off buildings.
THE BEST THREE ANSWERS WILL WIN A MOOT T-SHIRT! WOOHOO!!
In order to enter you need to upvote this post and leave a comment with your best answer! The winners will be determined this Friday. Good luck 😎