Ryan verified Admin
Aug 1, 2020, 12:30 PM 5,331 read

Ryan's Always Right: The Supper

The Supper is a free, bite-sized point-and-click adventure game where you play as a peculiar chef named Ms. Appleton. I’m not normally a fan of point-and-click games but considering that The Supper is free right now and currently has a perfect 10/10 rating on Steam, I decided to check it out. Is The Supper really worthy of its acclaim?

Indie Games: General - Ryan's Always Right: The Supper image 2

Ms. Appleton is a bizarre, zombie-like woman who has a mysterious voice in her head that talks to her and tells her what to do. More information about the voice will be revealed as you play the game, but I’ll keep this review spoiler-free. Although Ms. Appleton doesn’t look like much, she will soon show her capabilities as she tries to capitalize on the opportunity she’s been waiting for.

Indie Games: General - Ryan's Always Right: The Supper image 4

Ms. Appleton runs a small restaurant and your job is to help her prepare dishes for her hungry patrons. Of course, in this unusual world the customers have some pretty outlandish tastes, and you’ll have to go on a bit of an adventure to acquire the ingredients you need. Once you gather all the necessary ingredients you can then make a dish, enabling you to serve it to another satisfied customer and leading you one step closer to your goal.

Indie Games: General - Ryan's Always Right: The Supper image 6

In terms of gameplay, The Supper is pretty much what you expect from a point-and-click adventure game. You combine various things together and use your acquired arsenal of tools in order to solve minor puzzles and progress through the story. The puzzles aren’t particularly difficult but the fact that they all must be done in a particular order is a bit off putting as you constantly interact with things that have no purpose.

Indie Games: General - Ryan's Always Right: The Supper image 8

The Supper is fine for what it is but it certainly isn’t a 10/10 game. While the artstyle was pretty cool and the humor was on point at parts, the highlights of this game were few and far between, The story and gameplay were both pretty underwhelming and the writing left a lot to be desired. That said, the game was still entertaining enough to keep me engaged throughout its brief duration so it certainly wasn't all bad. Overall, the Supper didn't live up the hype and definitely didn't convert me into a fan of point-and-click adventures, but considering that it’s short and free-to-play, The Supper may be worthwhile for players who are fans of the genre or are looking for something a little bit different.   Ryan’s Rating: 2.5/5   The Supper is free and is available for PC on Steam and Itch.

Comment 27

• NameLessツ LV.28 I Love Food Aug 1, 2020, 01:15 PM

This game looks dope

• Lil_BioVision LV.6 Nomad Aug 3, 2020, 10:03 AM

Sorry but this game look ass

• Aj2007 101 LV.7 JUST SEND IT Aug 3, 2020, 10:06 AM

Wow says the Fortnite 3 year old

• xtraoridinary LV.20 Insomniac Aug 3, 2020, 10:11 AM

says the fortnite kid, if there's no building then it's bad

• Furret (Owner: No ☹) LV.10 Parasite Aug 3, 2020, 10:25 AM

you dont respect old games you dumbass fortnite kid ofc that's all you play just sit on your ass all day

• MerK LV.29 Legend Aug 3, 2020, 10:58 AM

Yeah, tbh I really am not into point and click games. I really want games to look good (that's not everything in a game but part of it) as well as I although do enjoy them sometimes, I really don't like the super story driven games. I am more into a game if it is fun. That's why I love playing stuff like cod, and rainbow six siege, and fortnite, and subnautica, and stranded deep. Stuff like that.

• SwivelChair LV.17 Carry Me Aug 3, 2020, 11:04 AM

You look ass

• Viper Playz LV.10 I'm a Bot Aug 3, 2020, 02:58 PM

appreciate the art ,it works with how the game has to be taken ,how its atmosphere is ,as jacksepticeye said ,"appreciate the art ,even if you don't agree to it"

• abortbort LV.15 Big Chungus Aug 4, 2020, 02:33 AM

Lol go play fortnite some more your opinion means nothing

• Rolling Nuggie Light LV.24 Let’s play R6! Sep 21, 2020, 04:33 PM

and u go die and shop the super heroes skin

• Rolling Nuggie Light LV.24 Let’s play R6! Sep 21, 2020, 04:32 PM

*SHUT UP MOM IM PLAYING FORTNITE*
    *OMFG I DID A KILL MOM COME HERE GIVE ME A KISS*

• ScrapsReady LV.21 Shadow Aug 3, 2020, 10:09 AM

This game looks interesting

• L LV.20 Dream Chaser Aug 3, 2020, 10:54 AM

Ryan’s always Right!!!!

• NoNamerGamer3214 LV.12 Pathfinder Main Aug 3, 2020, 08:17 AM

wow

• Reusablebelt171 LV.30 JUST SEND IT Aug 3, 2020, 10:35 AM

Ooo love the art style!

• manny AK LV.6 Nomad Aug 3, 2020, 10:17 AM

it looks ok

• Kambing_Beek LV.6 Nomad Aug 3, 2020, 10:17 AM

Very interesting

• CABESDAMAN LV.19 Walked the Plank Aug 3, 2020, 10:45 AM

I'm not to sure about this game

• Lokasjoa LV.5 Lurker Aug 3, 2020, 02:26 PM

this game looks good, all though what is it for like I mean PS4? Xbox iOS Android?

• Ryan verified Admin Aug 4, 2020, 01:05 AM

Unfortunately like a lot of point and clicks, The Supper is only available on PC. It's possible you could play it on a tablet if it runs windows but I don't know much about that.

• Lokasjoa LV.5 Lurker Aug 4, 2020, 05:54 AM

thanks

• moshking96 LV.23 Boo! Aug 3, 2020, 03:11 PM

oof didnt expect the 2.5

• TheWildOne LV.1 Mootie Aug 2, 2020, 03:22 PM

e

• abortbort LV.15 Big Chungus Aug 4, 2020, 02:32 AM

Thanks Ryan! I’ll be sure to check it out after work

• HotHandLuke LV.22 Myers Aug 4, 2020, 01:46 PM

Interesting game

• iVizion401 LV.5 Let's Play DBD! Aug 5, 2020, 02:59 AM

Dumb